Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:35 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4  (Read 80214 times)
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »

How does dynamite work?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2009, 09:39:06 PM »

I beleive there's no such c4 entity in hammer to filter with, I have no idea what the class name is. Plus that's too minor to be bothered to look at and placing c4 inside the labratory while no one can drag it out is way too cool to fix.

The entity of planted c4 is ttt_c4, for what it's worth. I don't put it in the FGD because it's not an item I want to encourage mappers to place on the map.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »

How does dynamite work?

You pick it up, find a place to plant (A transparent static copy of your dynamite with red glowing sprite, 6 intotal), place it. Plant 6 of them and everything explode after a minute. Hide in the underground to survive. Also you may blow up one of the walls with it.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »

In a6 there should be a tnt-explodable wall in the underground area that reveals a ladder leading topside.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »

Would it be possible to make the dynamite planting spots accept C4?
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2009, 02:36:01 AM »

Suggestion: Make the blood test have a 60-80% success rate so it is sometimes incorrect.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2009, 03:16:42 AM »

Suggestion: Make the blood test have a 60-80% success rate so it is sometimes incorrect.

People aren't smart enough to go 'Wait, guys, it may be wrong, let's NOT blow him away in a confused fiery conflagration resulting in the deaths of two to eight people'.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2009, 03:20:02 AM »

:(

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »

People aren't smart enough to go 'Wait, guys, it may be wrong, let's NOT blow him away in a confused fiery conflagration resulting in the deaths of two to eight people'.

Yeah, after all you throw a grenade and people just blow you away, even if its a smoke grenade.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2009, 04:16:39 PM »

Yeah, after all you throw a grenade and people just blow you away, even if its a smoke grenade.

Just like how you shoot a gun at someone and they blow you away, even if you weren't trying to kill them.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »

Just like how you shoot a gun at someone and they blow you away, even if you weren't trying to kill them.

I know, right

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »

Notary, I looked into the rope issue. It is caused by gmod's map cleanup routine, which is supposed to reset the map to its original state. However, it breaks ropes. I do not have access to the sourcecode of this function, it is most likely not in Lua but hardcoded in gmod. Additionally, ropes are a strange beast that I can't just manually respawn (the keyframe_rope entities don't even exist after the map loads).

So at this point, I do not believe I can fix the issue. Perhaps future versions of gmod will.
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2009, 07:44:45 PM »

So I spent quite a few round trying to set  up the C4 and have come the the conclusion that in its current state it is way to difficult and not a realistic option for traitors. I'm thinking you should have 3 or maybe 4 outside bomb locations and thats it, even then it would still be hard to pull off.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2009, 08:15:29 PM »

I agree, I've never seen it happen. There's just too much to do for one or two Traitors.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2009, 08:28:02 PM »

I've seen it happen but 90% of the time it's "OH MY GOD, -SO AND SO- IS PLANTING BOMBS!" *boom* A TRAITOR HAS DIED

eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2009, 08:30:26 PM »

I've seen it happen, but usually its one of the end game things where a number of traitors are still alive and the survivors have barricaded themselves in such a way as it is very hard to do anything to them.

Also, 90% of the time is more like "OH MY GOD, -SO AND SO- IS PLANTING BOMBS!" *boom* A INNOCENT HAS DIED! "GOD DAMNIT WHY!"

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2009, 09:00:40 PM »

I'll put this on the list.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2009, 09:57:07 PM »

Also, 90% of the time is more like "OH MY GOD, -SO AND SO- IS PLANTING BOMBS!" *boom* A INNOCENT HAS DIED! "GOD DAMNIT WHY!"

And 90% of the time the response is "for the lulz"

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
MidKnight
Poster

« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2009, 02:01:58 AM »

Notary, I looked into the rope issue. It is caused by gmod's map cleanup routine, which is supposed to reset the map to its original state. However, it breaks ropes. I do not have access to the sourcecode of this function, it is most likely not in Lua but hardcoded in gmod. Additionally, ropes are a strange beast that I can't just manually respawn (the keyframe_rope entities don't even exist after the map loads).

So at this point, I do not believe I can fix the issue. Perhaps future versions of gmod will.
Why not make it a solid model?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2009, 08:31:47 AM »

That's not how ropes work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length