Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:29:20 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4  (Read 80309 times)
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2009, 09:57:57 PM »

I'll do him one better: You can have my existing babies and all who come in the future.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »

Have any additional paths been added to reach the underground cave? It is very obnoxious to find the last innocents (even just one) camping down there since you're only option is take a highly conspicuous elevator ride down (where you'll likely get shot), run down that entire narrow ice hallway (where you'll likely get shot), and search for the person/people hiding in the little computer room (where, if you've managed to get to this point, you're guaranteed to get shot since it's very difficult to hide your real intentions by that point).

Also, I think the map could use some ambient sounds.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2009, 11:11:15 PM »

I keep that in mind but haven't added anything like this yet.

I think I forgot to fix a little bug, there's an elevator at the warehouse and the button that calls it up and down is invisible. It is solid though, you'll find it easily by bumping into it.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »

:O

Awesome work Notary.

Indeed it is so, awesome stuff.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2009, 01:35:22 AM »

Well I get a buffer overflow on that map now like zm_downtown every once in a while, never had that before.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2009, 01:40:39 AM »

Buffer overflow happens ALL THE TIME on Gmod RP servers. Has something to do with props, and the client trying to detec them all or something. So anything with a lot of props gets it.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2009, 01:42:07 AM »

Buffer overflow happens ALL THE TIME on Gmod RP servers. Has something to do with props, and the client trying to detec them all or something. So anything with a lot of props gets it.

Kay, then I'm telling him his new map has a lot of stuff on it and is causing it now.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2009, 02:36:55 AM »

This is so great. I like all the extra things you can do.

And i dont know if it was just one time, but every time you die and have a shotgun, it just floats there.

Great work.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2009, 04:22:11 AM »

Version has high likelihood of crashing server compared to a5.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2009, 04:27:30 AM »

Very high.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2009, 06:17:36 AM »

Very high.
Notary
Poster

« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2009, 03:59:56 PM »

Knowing why, where and when it crashes would be very helpful. Any specific place it crashes, any specific time or event leading to crash? Are you sure it's buffer overflow?

I had much bigger maps with much more entity data used that worked without a single crash. I'm not sure problem is on my side, that might be TTT itself or server.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:00:57 PM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2009, 04:31:07 PM »

Knowing why, where and when it crashes would be very helpful. Any specific place it crashes, any specific time or event leading to crash? Are you sure it's buffer overflow?

I had much bigger maps with much more entity data used that worked without a single crash. I'm not sure problem is on my side, that might be TTT itself or server.

If I knew what was causing it I would have told you, I don't leave people in the dark for no reason. No, buffer overflow is not the cause as that only causes a few people to get kicked from the server. This error is CRASHING the server which I have never seen a buffer overflow do.

No, TTT is not overflowing and neither is my server as Enclave is much bigger and more complex and is not crashing the server.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2009, 10:03:04 PM »

Map crashed the server today after c4 exploded in the warehouse
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2009, 10:04:06 PM »

As Soduka said, this map appears to cause crashes frequently. Not sure why though. My only guess is it's related to the ladders, as I thought you couldn't toggle func_useable_ladders if that's what you're even using. (I forget the exact name, that may be it)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 10:06:49 PM by Alters »
Notary
Poster

« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2009, 11:00:18 PM »

I played it today both at Alter's and Ice Cave and had no crashes. What's the problem with func_usable_ladders? I have them, they are toggled on when you bring a ladder. I've seen people doing that with no crashing.

If you suspect a certain event to crash the server test it a couple of times and let me know.

There's a very little chance there may be a "bad" displacement in the map, it may crash the game if player approaches it closer. Try flying above the ground, even behind fences.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Notary
Poster

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »

Beta 2

Download

- Fixed a few events screwing up traitor checker.
- Button at warehouse elevator is visible.
- Fixed some cubemaps.
- Added second m16 at the tool shed.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Notary
Poster

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »

Map seems to run without crashes at TDR and Ice Cave. I really have no idea what may crash Soduka's and Alters's servers. I suggest you guys password servers for a map for 30 minutes or so and try to screw up the map by any possible way.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:17:06 PM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2009, 07:07:02 PM »

Apparently the new version doesn't cause crashes. Or at least, I've been told that.
Edit: Still get crashes. Later tonight I'll see if I can figure out what causes it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:44:51 PM by Alters »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2009, 12:53:28 AM »

Good luck with that. We've done some extensive testing but managed to find nothing to pin it on.
We've tried blowing up the warehouse several times and all possible map traps and objects used in combination to try and get something to crash.
So far the server crashed twice I believe. I can't recall the first crash butt he 2nd was on a round restart. We've then did about 50ish round restarts with no crashes.
Sadly no server errors either so finding this one out is going to be a bitch.

Only advice I can give for the props is putting them on the "asleep" flag that might fix the round restart crash.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length