Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:06:57 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1698817 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4380 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »

Not specifically directed at you, just sick of that type of request coming up again and again and again.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #4381 on: March 05, 2011, 11:38:27 PM »

no

edit:
To be frank, every time someone suggests more of this obsessive controlling bullshit I am more inclined to strip all logging features out just to fuck with all these admins who want to play justice and all these players who can't deal with getting shot if the bullet does not have a fucking signed release form A12.b clause C.III (also known as the "I do declare I doth spot thee pulling out yonder knife"-form) attached to it.

No, I'm not going to log who looked at your head. I'm not going to log who shot a bullet while at one point having looked at a barrel within 25 units of your person. I'm not going to log who bought a knife and then selected it in his weapon menu without pulling it out but certainly considering it anyway. I'm not going to log any more shit.

Short answer: no.

also:
calling a traces for that is just asking for lag
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:39:40 PM by StormX »
holiestcow
Poster

« Reply #4382 on: March 06, 2011, 04:39:16 PM »

I have a fresh install of TTT on my dedi but i have some problems. Guns instant reload, grenades dont work, and dropping guns float in the air.
NaPStone2
Poster

I AM UNORGINAL SO I USE THIS GIF

« Reply #4383 on: March 06, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »

2. How about the remote crowbarring glitch, where someone whacks a corpse (or something else, mostly noticed with corpses) with a crowbar, and it pushes you in a direction?

Poppping this back up, I have a video of it on zm_roytheship
The smaller baot gets shot, I get pushed back.

maybe u shud w8
then stream got time 4 ur rqest later
and u downlad
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4384 on: March 06, 2011, 05:44:32 PM »

Poppping this back up, I have a video of it on zm_roytheship
The smaller baot gets shot, I get pushed back.

The rubber banding you get is from bullet tracers through the glass of the small ship, the same thing happens on canyon. At least thats what I've heard.

I have a fresh install of TTT on my dedi but i have some problems. Guns instant reload, grenades dont work, and dropping guns float in the air.

I believe that means css isnt installed properly.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4385 on: March 06, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »

Install CS:S on the dedi and make sure gmod is mounting it. TTT will print an error in the server console immediately after the gamemode loads if it can't find the mounted CS:S content.
Jonzky
Poster

« Reply #4386 on: March 06, 2011, 08:49:07 PM »

I am not sure if I should include this in a separate thread but I'll go ahead and post it here:

How would you feel about including a Convar that will allow the server to show all of the gun-shot deaths through the 'visualizer style' appearance of every-round. It just seems like a fun way for some people to end the round. I also assume that as they were logged/stored already during the round it will not have that many complications with performance.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:50:19 PM by Jonzky »
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #4387 on: March 07, 2011, 12:27:03 AM »

no

edit:
To be frank, every time someone suggests more of this obsessive controlling bullshit I am more inclined to strip all logging features out just to fuck with all these admins who want to play justice and all these players who can't deal with getting shot if the bullet does not have a fucking signed release form A12.b clause C.III (also known as the "I do declare I doth spot thee pulling out yonder knife"-form) attached to it.

No, I'm not going to log who looked at your head. I'm not going to log who shot a bullet while at one point having looked at a barrel within 25 units of your person. I'm not going to log who bought a knife and then selected it in his weapon menu without pulling it out but certainly considering it anyway. I'm not going to log any more shit.

Short answer: no.

I agree. I thought the whole point of it being trouble in terrorist town was that everyone was heavily armed and had a twitchy trigger finger. People freaking out and accidentally killing the wrong people should happen, and it helps create deeper tension in the overall atmosphere of the game
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #4388 on: March 07, 2011, 01:36:28 AM »

I agree with that, there should be random killings, but I just don't think spectators should be involved, which is why I don't like when they spectate explosives.
It's fine though, I can deal with it, it's not a huge problem.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #4389 on: March 07, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »

I think the only solution to this "problem" is just disable prop control for spectators in general, there's a server side setting just for this.
"ttt_spec_prop_control"                   "0"

www.dnr-gaming.com
holiestcow
Poster

« Reply #4390 on: March 07, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

Hey i have an issue where sometimes players will spawn where they are spectating or who they are spectating.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4391 on: March 07, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »

What version?

Any other servers had that happen?
holiestcow
Poster

« Reply #4392 on: March 07, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »

My version is the SVN.
holiestcow
Poster

« Reply #4393 on: March 07, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »

Like i have what ever version the svn is.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4394 on: March 07, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »

Some other things you might be able to look out for:
- Is it more common on specific maps?
- Does it also happen to players who only freeroam or mess with props as spectator, ie. who never spec a player?
Liru
Poster

« Reply #4395 on: March 07, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »

Quick bug, not sure if intentional: After a round is over with ttt_locational_voice enabled, spectators can't talk with the living, as they are essentially muted. This might make it hard for people to talk to one another after the round is over.

Redditor? Join the TTT reddit:
http://ttt.reddit.com
jimbodude
Poster

« Reply #4396 on: March 10, 2011, 10:49:45 PM »

Just had a user report the following to me:

[terrortown\gamemode\cl_voice.lua:378] attempt to call method 'IsDetective' (a nil value)

Unfortunately he has no idea what was going on, but it only appeared once, during mid-round.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4397 on: March 10, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »

Just had a user report the following to me:

[terrortown\gamemode\cl_voice.lua:378] attempt to call method 'IsDetective' (a nil value)

Unfortunately he has no idea what was going on, but it only appeared once, during mid-round.

I've had that myself, thought it was my mod, guess not.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #4398 on: March 11, 2011, 05:32:05 AM »

BKU, how bout you add a 'glitch' into the game so that on the 1st of April there is a chance that everyone will be divided into groups, and the players in each group see each other as traitor. So that means everyone on the server thinks they are traitor (except the detectives), so they just constantly shoot each other and cry over the mic about RDM, but they get a message at the end of the round about what happened.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4399 on: March 11, 2011, 08:20:36 AM »

BKU, how bout you add a 'glitch' into the game so that on the 1st of April there is a chance that everyone will be divided into groups, and the players in each group see each other as traitor. So that means everyone on the server thinks they are traitor (except the detectives), so they just constantly shoot each other and cry over the mic about RDM, but they get a message at the end of the round about what happened.

I be Trollin'. Thats a funny shi- right ther!

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length