Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:25:30 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699801 times)
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #4220 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:22 AM »

I have a short question concerning the calculation of the damage dealt by the C4. Is there a way to create some sort of saferoom in a map?
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #4221 on: January 24, 2011, 05:19:08 AM »

I'm almost certain it has a blast radius based on a certain wall thickness or number of walls.

How many, I'm not sure.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #4222 on: January 24, 2011, 05:24:09 AM »

No, it causes two explosions. One is short and goes through walls, the second is far, but it doesn't go through walls. You just need to make the walls as thick as the smaller explosion radius.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4223 on: January 24, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »

What rotinaj said. A C4-proof bunker would need walls of about 750 hammer units thick. The number of walls does not come into play, it's purely distance-based.
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

oh god not the snorks nooo

« Reply #4224 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:28 AM »

A small shaft with a ladder/elevator that goes straight down would be a quick way to make a saferoom without taking up a lot of floor-space.

Maps:
zm_air  zm_powderkeg  zm_voodoo  zm_endgame ttt_airbus ttt_siege
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4225 on: January 24, 2011, 08:40:32 PM »

Maybe its something else the server has installed, but when a player gets kicked for changing their name it says 'Player X left the game(kicked and banned)' and 'Player X' is what they changed their name to. So it kind of doesnt stop ghosting that way at all.

I thought it used to say 'A player was kicked for changing their name during the round.'

The server is running ulx by the way.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4226 on: January 24, 2011, 09:52:32 PM »

Works here. Shows only the "a player was kicked bla bla" message in the chat. Admin plugins might well interfere, can't do anything about that. Even if they do I would say getting banned and maybe ruining that one round is definitely better than allowing continued ghosting forever.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4227 on: January 25, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »

ALSO, when the teleporter doesn't let you mark a point that's on a prop, it should only do that for prop_physics.
prop_statics should be fine, because they are solid ground, they aren't going anywhere.

Do you have an example of a prop you believe is prop_static that you cannot mark on with the teleporter?

Because prop_static does not even exist after a map is compiled, it becomes part of the world. Hence, they should just work with the teleporter, and all the prop_statics I've tested do indeed work.

It seems likely that you are talking about a prop that is not in fact static (perhaps when it should be, ie. mapper error).

edit:
Latest SVN: DNA scanner autorepeat setting and sound cues setting are now both saved across sessions.

I'm thinking about putting up a v23 release myself, because garry seems to be working on another FP project right now, and no gmod update release seems to be happening.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:02:43 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Liru
Poster

« Reply #4228 on: January 25, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I looked through the last 10 or so pages, but what about a system that lessens the karma impact for killing an innocent when they themselves killed an innocent in the last, say, 5 or 10 seconds?

Example:

Terrorist Todd, Terrorist Ted and Terrorist Tim are all innocent and in a room together. For certain reasons, Todd thinks Ted is a traitor. Todd kills Ted and finds that he is innocent.

From this killing, Tim assumes that Todd is a traitor, so he kills Todd immediately, only to find that he was innocent as well. I'm thinking that there should be something that lessen's Tim's loss of Karma.

Now imagine this on a scale of a few more people/times. An innocent kills another innocent, assuming he's a traitor, which is killed by another innocent assuming he's a traitor, which is killed by yet another innocent assuming HE'S a traitor... the chain continues along, all within about 15 or 20 seconds, with a loss in karma for everybody involved.

Redditor? Join the TTT reddit:
http://ttt.reddit.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4229 on: January 25, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »

Tim already loses less karma than Todd, because Todd has just killed an innocent. It's just not a massive difference. Tim does not get off scot-free. After all, why should he? He just killed an innocent. In that regard he is just as guilty as Todd.

Here's a different scenario, with karma modified as you suggest: Ted is a griefer, or an innocent who is completing a traitor objective, etc. In whatever way, he is being detrimental to the innocent cause, or simply incredibly suspicious. Todd, otherwise a reputable player, decides to take the karma hit and just kill Ted before he can do more damage. Then Tim is a jackass and kills Todd because hey, he won't get a karma hit for that anyway because Todd is a killer, right? Pretty good deal to just kill him in case he's a traitor.

If a person kills an innocent, it is not always the right choice to kill that person. That is the flawed assumption behind the "much lower karma impact for killing killers" idea, and that is why it will not happen.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4230 on: January 25, 2011, 06:10:51 PM »

Ammo:

Dropping some ammo when you dont have full ammo makes you instantly pick it back up for some reason.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4231 on: January 25, 2011, 06:18:03 PM »

Nope, it is in fact impossible to pick up ammo you dropped until two seconds pass. Are you certain you have updated properly? Functionality in question involves changes to weaponry.lua and the ammo base entity.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4232 on: January 25, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »

Ah... Possible that i forgot to upload / missed them.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #4233 on: January 26, 2011, 04:19:37 PM »

I don't suppose it's possible to link the karma loss for killing innocents to the karma of the person killed? That way, killing griefers would have a much lesser impact than a one-off kill.
Someone quickly show how this could be abused...

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4234 on: January 26, 2011, 05:05:21 PM »

That is already how it works.

It's hard to communicate this kind of thing to players though, without revealing if the person they damaged was traitor or not. So it doesn't surprise me that not everyone knows this.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:07:07 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #4235 on: January 26, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »

IIRC its not a much lesser effect however. It's lesser, but not so much so that its a free kill. This is in my opinion a good thing.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #4236 on: January 27, 2011, 03:42:22 AM »

I have no idea if this is a fault in the server setup or the gamemode.
It spams that in console, and then prints bright red in chat.
Did you make it bright red? I always thought it was light blue.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4237 on: January 27, 2011, 09:24:39 AM »

What's the problem? I'll describe what should happen I guess: It will print that message every five seconds if you are nearing the idle limit. If the server has a high idling limit set then there will in total be a bunch of messages. At the end, it will print that red line in your chat (it has been red since the language update).

The tabs/spaces are screwed because you have multicore rendering enabled, but I don't think that's what you're asking.

late edit:
In release news, if anyone was wondering: garry has been doing some gmod work again so it's quite likely we'll see an update next week. Not really worth doing a separate v23 zip release.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:59:36 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #4238 on: January 27, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »

What's the problem? I'll describe what should happen I guess: It will print that message every five seconds if you are nearing the idle limit. If the server has a high idling limit set then there will in total be a bunch of messages. At the end, it will print that red line in your chat (it has been red since the language update).

The tabs/spaces are screwed because you have multicore rendering enabled, but I don't think that's what you're asking.

late edit:
In release news, if anyone was wondering: garry has been doing some gmod work again so it's quite likely we'll see an update next week. Not really worth doing a separate v23 zip release.

How about a post of the changelog?

And gmod just updated. Well, it said it downloaded and someone said they're using v23. So I'm assuming..
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4239 on: January 28, 2011, 08:56:03 AM »

The update you saw was an engine update. GMod has not updated. People using v23 are running the SVN build.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length