Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:13:26 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699148 times)
Major Binkx
Poster

« Reply #4160 on: January 09, 2011, 12:43:18 AM »

28 people on a server does get pretty crazy, but it usually averages about 19-20 people, and considering some rounds 2-4 people end up dying from a combined amount of reasons ranging from fall damage to afk mover to traps, and that there are people sitting as spectators, I think that works out fine. 16 players is a good number when everyone is playing and knows what they are doing.  The great thing about a server with more than 16 slots is that extra room if there are spectators, afks, or problems during the round.  6-8 players are the minimum for a good, functioning round, but for a max, I think in the 20s in fine.  I'd rather play on a 20 space server with 2 spectators and an afk in a round then a 16 slot server with only 13 playing and a couple afk and spectators. 
StormX
Poster

« Reply #4161 on: January 09, 2011, 02:41:46 AM »

BKU put a hook on debug.getupvalue and just return, you can get the original _R.Player.GetWeapons() function with it.
Moosey
Poster

« Reply #4162 on: January 09, 2011, 05:19:42 AM »

On a sidenote, MindBlast in Australia have added a weapon that really adds to the gameplay!

A Predator Cloak - an almost fully invisible cloak that you can wear, but it takes up weapons slot 7.
Running around in the open with it gives you away, and if you don't have a disguiser on, people can see your details.

Epic Win!
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4163 on: January 09, 2011, 09:11:22 AM »

Was wondering would it be possilbe to add in an option for the server to auto save the damage logs.
So it saves them in data/ttt/logs, and at the end of each round it saves the log for easier review by server Admins (for those times no Admins are around)

I know you can see the damage info in normal gmod logs, but it's usually mixed in with that much other stuff it can make reading those logs a bit of a headache.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4164 on: January 09, 2011, 09:35:49 AM »

Had the DMG spam again this time for a real value.
This was on my Fretta server (TTT from GMOD SVN r761)

DMG: MEGA /\/OOB [innocent] damaged DJ Fuzzmaster [MOGZ] [innocent] for 20 dmg (repeated 49 times, resulting in Karma ban)
DMG: {楽屋} Backstabba [innocent] damaged DJ Fuzzmaster [MOGZ] [innocent] for 20 dmg (repeated  33 times)

However Fuzzmaster who should have been killed several times over with all that damage lived on for a few more minute until he fell to his death.
Mega Noob insists he was in Spectator at the time this happened , however I cannot confirm that.

However I also had a weird occurrence during 1 round, while I was in spectator, I got the blame for a death of an Innocent who was killed by an exploding barrel.
At the time the player was killed (who was AFK), I was spectating the Traitor who shot and caused the barrel to explode.
This caused me to loose Karma as a Spectator also..

Regarding the spectator stuff, I'm not sure there's much I can do. The only way that can happen is when Source considers you the person who "attacked" the barrel (ie. a bug in Source/gmod). I can't ignore kills/damage attributed to spectators, because that would allow abuse: shoot a barrel so it burns and immediately kill yourself, and you'd avoid the karma penalty.

The damage issue seems like a Source/gmod problem as well, assuming it was damage done by bullets (which are almost entirely handled by the engine, not Lua). The only possible solution I see is filtering out duplicate damage dealt during the same game tick. The damage log doesn't show the exact time in milliseconds, but if it shows all those 30+ damage events in the same second then that might work.

BKU put a hook on debug.getupvalue and just return, you can get the original _R.Player.GetWeapons() function with it.

I don't feel like getting into an arms race with hackers. Someone could just run a script before TTT loads that stores the original debug.getupvalue.

Was wondering would it be possilbe to add in an option for the server to auto save the damage logs.
So it saves them in data/ttt/logs, and at the end of each round it saves the log for easier review by server Admins (for those times no Admins are around)

I know you can see the damage info in normal gmod logs, but it's usually mixed in with that much other stuff it can make reading those logs a bit of a headache.

I'll see what I can do.

edit:
Svn r767, set ttt_damagelog_save 1.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:15:03 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Lieutenant McNugget
Poster

« Reply #4165 on: January 09, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »

Not sure if it matters, but there's a DNA bug that happens when you have dna on a person for example, but they're actually dead. Although when their body is burned (therefore "deleted"), the dna goes to the person's spectator position. This bug has caused a detective to kill someone one time because the dna was right by where a certain person was before.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #4166 on: January 09, 2011, 07:32:31 PM »

Someone could just run a script before TTT loads that stores the original debug.getupvalue.

Whats the point with the _R.Player.GetWeapons overwrite then?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4167 on: January 09, 2011, 08:05:15 PM »

Just felt like it at the time.

Not sure if it matters, but there's a DNA bug that happens when you have dna on a person for example, but they're actually dead. Although when their body is burned (therefore "deleted"), the dna goes to the person's spectator position. This bug has caused a detective to kill someone one time because the dna was right by where a certain person was before.

Will look into this.
Moosey
Poster

« Reply #4168 on: January 10, 2011, 07:06:39 AM »

Hahahahah, that sounds like the best glitch!

What if you we're spectating a traitor, you'd be so annoyed if you were the traitor that gets killed because of it.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #4169 on: January 11, 2011, 07:30:52 AM »

For people running a Lower resolution. And are on Server with 24 people.
the End of round report. Where it has names and how many kills inno's etc.

that Gets Cut off towards the Bottom So you miss Peoples name.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4170 on: January 11, 2011, 09:25:59 AM »

The round report is 700 by 500 pixels, which fits on 800x600. I don't really support lower resolutions than that.

edit:
The DNA->Spectator bug is now fixed in SVN.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:17:29 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4171 on: January 11, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »

Where is this fix? I'd like to implement manually, For my edits.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4172 on: January 11, 2011, 08:59:47 PM »

In the DNA Scanner.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4173 on: January 13, 2011, 01:21:49 AM »

I thought it was just certain circumstances but prop kill attribution doesnt seem to work at all anymore. It will just say 'Player X was crushed by' and it just cuts off.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4174 on: January 13, 2011, 11:02:08 AM »

I just threw a crate at a bot until he died and everything worked correctly. So if there's a problem there has to be a more specific cause.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4175 on: January 13, 2011, 12:56:52 PM »

Yeah, i've noticed Traitor and Detective Team chat arent working, (Chat Chat. Lol).

Is this only me? (I updated to latest TTT, and still happens.)

I run a custom chatbox. (This could be the cause? I'll check and disable it.)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4176 on: January 13, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »

Not just you.
I got told that Traitor team chat was broke also.
Not sure about detective team chat.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #4177 on: January 13, 2011, 03:11:16 PM »

Not just you.
I got told that Traitor team chat was broke also.
Not sure about detective team chat.

ive notice Errors in the corner of my screen about detective Chat.
Im running the lastest version. but Chat seems to work fine. as far as i remember ill do some test later.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4178 on: January 13, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »

Not seeing any issues here. Would need some errors or specifics to do more.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #4179 on: January 13, 2011, 06:58:14 PM »

Do an Alive() check while spectating, you end up spectating the dead persons spectate position.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length