Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:51:16 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700168 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3920 on: November 17, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »

Time to stop talking about people's age!

edit: Seriously, all posts on the topic from this point on will be deleted.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:19:48 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3921 on: November 17, 2010, 11:13:41 PM »

Anyone else when traitor have the violent urge to go poltergesit + kevlar + HUGE and see how many people they can get?
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3922 on: November 18, 2010, 12:51:12 AM »

Anyone else when traitor have the violent urge to go poltergesit + kevlar + HUGE and see how many people they can get?

Statistically, 90% of my poltergeist shots result in a dead traitor buddy. So no, not really.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3923 on: November 18, 2010, 02:10:35 AM »

Just made my second last words exploit. Sadly I don't think it can be fixed.
ill post more info later
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #3924 on: November 18, 2010, 02:36:46 AM »

I spawned invisible to everyone, anyone know why that might be?
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3925 on: November 18, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »

I spawned invisible to everyone, anyone know why that might be?

Happens every once in a while, I can only put it down to source glitches (I no nozing!)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3926 on: November 18, 2010, 08:39:43 AM »

Just made my second last words exploit. Sadly I don't think it can be fixed.
ill post more info later

If you let me know ASAP I can look at it before releasing v20.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3927 on: November 19, 2010, 07:36:15 PM »

Garry said he won't be updating Gmod for a while because he will be going on vacation soon, and doesn't want anything to break.
You should have a while to work on v20.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3928 on: November 19, 2010, 07:39:44 PM »

I'm doing at least one .zip release in the meantime.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3929 on: November 19, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »

I'm doing at least one .zip release in the meantime.

ill wait on it, since i still am going through code, and ive already made a confirm body hack too, i only think there is one more thing that you can hack though, give me a day
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3930 on: November 20, 2010, 05:11:16 AM »

I changed my name as a joke to get banned, but apparently it printed my second name in chat saying I left the game.
I thought it was supposed to avoid that.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3931 on: November 20, 2010, 05:23:01 AM »

I changed my name as a joke to get banned, but apparently it printed my second name in chat saying I left the game.
I thought it was supposed to avoid that.

nope
bku: right now i have a working identify any body on the map, to do a fix on CORPSE.ShowSearch send a curtime + math.random in a usermessage so you can't just grab the id. because all you have to do right now is just loop through all ragdolls, get the eidx and then add on the death time. putting this into a usermessage in CORPSE.ShowSearch will make it 99% secure. theres only one way to get the usermessage is looking at the corpse, but theres still ways to remotely look at the corpse and get the umsg(hooking and returning the ent you want).
ill think up a fix for the last words exploit sometime
sorry for the shit grammar, late at night
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:25:32 AM by StormX »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3932 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »

nope
bku: right now i have a working identify any body on the map, to do a fix on CORPSE.ShowSearch send a curtime + math.random in a usermessage so you can't just grab the id. because all you have to do right now is just loop through all ragdolls, get the eidx and then add on the death time. putting this into a usermessage in CORPSE.ShowSearch will make it 99% secure. theres only one way to get the usermessage is looking at the corpse, but theres still ways to remotely look at the corpse and get the umsg(hooking and returning the ent you want).
ill think up a fix for the last words exploit sometime
sorry for the shit grammar, late at night

Are you certain that works? You need to pass a serverside check of ply.search_id when using the identify concommand, which is only set by the server when you search a body and is keyed to the eidx and death time of that body. You can spam the concommand with other ragdoll eidx and death times (which you'd have to guess, client does not know death time for all ragdolls), but you won't get past that check. Unless there's a bug in it, of course.

If anything the problem was that there was no distance check, I fixed that last night.

(Of course, if you run an SE bypass you can easily run aimhacks and other such things, I'm not sure identifying bodies is going to be the main problem there. Not that I don't appreciate you looking into these things.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:54:53 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #3933 on: November 20, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »

Could you do something to prevent bodies and scoreboards from being screwed up? I always lose important information because people ragequit. Maybe replace them with placeholder bots until the round ends.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3934 on: November 20, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »

Are you certain that works? You need to pass a serverside check of ply.search_id when using the identify concommand, which is only set by the server when you search a body and is keyed to the eidx and death time of that body. You can spam the concommand with other ragdoll eidx and death times (which you'd have to guess, client does not know death time for all ragdolls), but you won't get past that check. Unless there's a bug in it, of course.

If anything the problem was that there was no distance check, I fixed that last night.

(Of course, if you run an SE bypass you can easily run aimhacks and other such things, I'm not sure identifying bodies is going to be the main problem there. Not that I don't appreciate you looking into these things.)

I am certain it works. Think of it this way BKU: I have a timer activating the function that identifies players every 10 seconds. It will do ents.GetAll() and find all ragdolls not identified. So to get the search_id you would only have to guess the death time upto ten. Or an even simpler method of logging all players death times for wanting to ident corpses at certain times. but the distance should fix it
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3935 on: November 20, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »

Could you do something to prevent bodies and scoreboards from being screwed up? I always lose important information because people ragequit. Maybe replace them with placeholder bots until the round ends.

What do you mean by "screwed up"?

I see how it works now, you can make an old search_id work with a different eidx as long as you adjust the death time correctly. I can fix that more fundamentally by storing and checking the eidx separately besides the id. This should make it impossible to use the identify cmd for any corpse that you did not just search even if you get the id right.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3936 on: November 20, 2010, 03:38:02 PM »

What do you mean by "screwed up"?
I see how it works now, you can make an old search_id work with a different eidx as long as you adjust the death time correctly. I can fix that more fundamentally by storing and checking the eidx separately besides the id. This should make it impossible to use the identify cmd for any corpse that you did not just search even if you get the id right.

The last words exploit cannot be fixed. Unless you can find a way where the client doesn't know the last_words_id.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #3937 on: November 20, 2010, 04:01:43 PM »

Well, I don't know how many players were in the game, I lose evidence, I lose the number of traitors and innocents dead, and for my playstyle that usually ends in false positives and innocents getting killed.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3938 on: November 20, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »

The last words exploit cannot be fixed. Unless you can find a way where the client doesn't know the last_words_id.

We'll see. I don't know what it is yet.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3939 on: November 21, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

Just pushed a few changes into the SVN. Besides fixes for the exploit discussed here, there's now a ttt_ragdoll_pinning_innocents convar that allows non-traitors to hang corpses.

Let me know if you run this version on your server. If no bugs turn up after a day or two I'll release v20 as .zip.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length