Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:18:06 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699366 times)
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #3940 on: November 21, 2010, 03:10:15 PM »

What about my information preservation idea? The scoreboard is a major source of incriminating info for me, and it hurts my play when people d/c.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3941 on: November 21, 2010, 03:14:10 PM »

The most I could do there is a command that tells you how many players there were at the start of the round, or something. Showing disconnected players on the scoreboard is not going to happen.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3942 on: November 21, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »

Erm Bad King this is just a detail, but it would be cool if, when the players die, the screens turns red too (or blood splats the screen). that would be pretty sweet. (Sorry for asking that much, I just get some little ideas everytime).

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #3943 on: November 21, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »

That sounds good enough, BKU. Perhaps you could find some way to carry over the evidence, too?
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3944 on: November 21, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »

bku the exploit is just hooking chatinterrupt and grabbing the last_words_id usermessage and calling _deathred
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3945 on: November 21, 2010, 09:08:35 PM »

ku the exploit is just hooking chatinterrupt and grabbing the last_words_id usermessage and calling _deathred

I figured. It's not really a practical way to grief/exploit though. You only have a second or two in which you could send one message, which typically only ends up on your corpse. And as you said, there's no way to completely prevent it.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3946 on: November 21, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »

I figured. It's not really a practical way to grief/exploit though. You only have a second or two in which you could send one message, which typically only ends up on your corpse. And as you said, there's no way to completely prevent it.

create a hook on PlayerTraceAttack, see you killed you and put it in last words
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3947 on: November 21, 2010, 10:18:11 PM »

There is lower hanging fruit that is actually used in the wild (and just as unfixable), which is also not as trivial to spot for admins. Anyway, let's consider this a known issue that can't be fixed (until garry does more against SE bypassing) and move on.
ThePaSch
Poster

« Reply #3948 on: November 22, 2010, 12:59:25 AM »

Are you planning for any more translatable versions of TTT?
I'm running a German TTT server and wanted to translate v17 (which I did), only to find out everything was back to English when I updated to v18.
Versions keep shooting out of the ground and I don't think it's feasible to search for every string in every file and translate it every time a new version is released.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3949 on: November 22, 2010, 02:03:24 AM »

Unmounting CSS appears to cause errors to appear whenever someone buys C4 and other things.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #3950 on: November 22, 2010, 02:49:12 AM »

I'm running a German TTT server and wanted to translate v17 (which I did), only to find out everything was back to English when I updated to v18.
Versions keep shooting out of the ground and I don't think it's feasible to search for every string in every file and translate it every time a new version is released.

Well, BKU, I didn't knew TTT had a translated version XD. It sucks indeed that it goes back to english after every update... You should fix that :P.

Also, we could make the translated versions "official", like theres an option were you can change the language of the game; this would help the non-english talkers.

If you think this is good, I can help you: I speak french and spanish too, so I could translate the texts and you put em in the game, etc.

It's just an idea, but it would help a lot of people out there. Not everyone speaks english on gMod.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3951 on: November 22, 2010, 08:37:30 AM »

I believe there are facilities in gmod that I can use to move all the text out to a separate file so servers can select the language etc. However, I don't know if they work at all, it seems to be rarely used in the gmod community so it might just be broken. There seems to be enough demand from french, german, etc communities to warrant me spending some time testing it out though, so I'll do that.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3952 on: November 22, 2010, 08:47:34 AM »

Running the lastest Svn Bku and it all seems fine.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3953 on: November 22, 2010, 06:52:50 PM »

If you think this is good, I can help you: I speak french and spanish too, so I could translate the texts and you put em in the game, etc.

So it says you live in England. I have to assume english is your first language. If you are this bad at writing english then you translating content into both spanish and french sounds like a very, very bad idea.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3954 on: November 22, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »

Probably Google Translate.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3955 on: November 22, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »

For the record, assuming the language stuff works out in the first place, I won't include any translations with TTT. Once something is in TTT, it's my responsibility to keep it updated, and I can't rely on volunteers to give me timely and accurate updated translations whenever I decide to add a new bit of text.

Of course, native speakers should be able to create translations fairly easily, and downloading/installing them should be a single file, so we can have a few threads here for translations that are updated by their authors.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #3956 on: November 23, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »

So it says you live in England. I have to assume english is your first language. If you are this bad at writing english then you translating content into both spanish and french sounds like a very, very bad idea.

Heh you think i'm going to speak alrite here? It's not a spelling competition, it's a forum. Only BKU spells everything alrite (that's not a problem).
and yeah, i was born in england, but I was raised in the USA and Mexico, then I went to French some years.

Probably Google Translate.

Lol: LET'S TRANSLATE GUYZ:

From english to spanish:

"I want a hotcake!"

"YO QUERER UN KEKE CALIENTE!"

So nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
For the record, assuming the language stuff works out in the first place, I won't include any translations with TTT. Once something is in TTT, it's my responsibility to keep it updated, and I can't rely on volunteers to give me timely and accurate updated translations whenever I decide to add a new bit of text.

Of course, native speakers should be able to create translations fairly easily, and downloading/installing them should be a single file, so we can have a few threads here for translations that are updated by their authors.

Anyways, if you want to translate TTT (maybe someday ... ) don't forget to message me :D

I SPIK SPANIS AND FRINCH JUZT AZ GUD AS INGLIS

JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3957 on: November 23, 2010, 02:15:48 AM »

Ok, EpicBox you got me. It is pretty clear you can write in a foreign language really well. Just what language was that anyway? It certainly wasn't English.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3958 on: November 23, 2010, 02:21:41 AM »

I can imagine how ridiculously funny a Swedish translation would be (like so often with Swedish translations, it's pretty bad!)

"Knife knowing you!" - "Knivigt att lära känna dig!"
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #3959 on: November 23, 2010, 02:28:15 AM »

Ok, EpicBox you got me. It is pretty clear you can write in a foreign language really well. Just what language was that anyway? It certainly wasn't English.

oh wow stop trolling.

I can imagine how ridiculously funny a Swedish translation would be (like so often with Swedish translations, it's pretty bad!)

"Knife knowing you!" - "Knivigt att lära känna dig!"

lol INORITE maybe even a russian translation!

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length