Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:23:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699693 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3260 on: August 10, 2010, 09:22:01 PM »

This is the current in-dev situation with the Launcher:
- Less singular sound, and much shorter range in which it is audible.

- "Bullets" are the same, but the spread cone is smaller.

- Left click is the same.

- Right click charges, with a maximum force that's a little bit more than the left click fire. The real advantage is being able to push people shorter distances when you want them in a hole. I just make it a little stronger when fully charged 'cause that's what people will expect.

- No punishment for keeping it charged fully up. The downside of it is that you have to fire that shot at some point (which may be noticed) and you're running around with the launcher out (again, rather visible). And there's no significant upside.

PS. Just going to link my post on v9 because it's easily missed at the end of last page.
shutup9100
Build Tester

In the name of The Empreror I would tap dat ass

« Reply #3261 on: August 10, 2010, 10:01:59 PM »

The object pushing seems to be broken.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3262 on: August 10, 2010, 10:40:09 PM »

Thoughts on increasing poltergeist ammo count?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3263 on: August 10, 2010, 10:57:40 PM »

Thoughts on increasing poltergeist ammo count?

You actually run out on ammo with it?

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3264 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:42 PM »

Why yes, it is.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #3265 on: August 10, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »

The object pushing seems to be broken.

It seems to be broken for some people. Personally, I can't push any props. When I possess them the meter stays empty, and I can't leave the prop. Ctrl doesn't let me leave the prop. Yet I see people pushing props about in game from time to time.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:13:05 AM by Rotinaj »
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #3266 on: August 10, 2010, 11:42:24 PM »

It's been working fine for me. I've been pushing prop perfectly fine for the past couple days. Hell I did it just today as well

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3267 on: August 11, 2010, 08:13:24 AM »

It seems to be broken for some people. Personally, I can't push any props. When I possess them the meter stays empty, and I can't leave the prop. Ctrl doesn't let me leave the prop. Yet I see people pushing props about in game from time to time.

How often have you tried? Is this based on one or more occasions on one map, or longer term?

It is more likely there's a certain situation in which you can possess a prop and it won't work. The mechanism is almost entirely server-side, so it is unlikely to be specific to certain players.

Is there some commonality in the map, the prop used, etc.?

Actually, this is all on Soduka's server right? Were any changes made to the ttt_spec_prop_* convars?
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3268 on: August 11, 2010, 01:25:05 PM »

I telefragged 2 innocents that were huddling in a corner. Was lovely.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3269 on: August 11, 2010, 04:33:59 PM »

I just had a small bug happen when I joined my server.
I joined at the exact same time the round started, so it spawned me into the game as an innocent.
However it had the time listed as Overtime instead of the usual 5 Minute countdown.

Probably a really rare bug, due to needing a player to join the game just as the round is starting.

As you can see from the server log I did join the exact same second the round started:
17:13:05 L 08/11/2010 - 17:13:04: "[MOGZ]Na'Ryan<47><STEAM_0:0:4164498><>" entered the game
17:13:05 L 08/11/2010 - 17:13:04: Round proper has begun...

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3270 on: August 11, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »

Yeah, such things could be prevented by not letting you spawn unless you've been fully joined and loaded up for a few seconds. I prefer letting people play, despite the small chance of them lacking some relatively minor bits of information, such as the round ending time or the number of rounds left before a map switch.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3271 on: August 11, 2010, 08:38:22 PM »

I seem unable to fast weapon switch back to weapon_ttt_unarmed on v9.

Edit*

Seems to happen to several other items and weapons (Just items by the looks of things), this is with using lastinv.

Edit2*

Punch meter doesn't seem to fill up anymore (Haven't changed any cvars over v8)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:29:59 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3272 on: August 12, 2010, 01:03:31 AM »

I just had the Prop bug on my server (v9).
I was a box, but the punch meter was not filling up and I could not leave the prop when pressing CTRL.
Not modified any ttt_spec_prop_* stuff

Also when I got out of the box, by a player breaking it my view was stuck upside down until next round, and I had to press LMB to view a player before it reset.

Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #3273 on: August 12, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »

How often have you tried? Is this based on one or more occasions on one map, or longer term?

It is more likely there's a certain situation in which you can possess a prop and it won't work. The mechanism is almost entirely server-side, so it is unlikely to be specific to certain players.

Is there some commonality in the map, the prop used, etc.?

Actually, this is all on Soduka's server right? Were any changes made to the ttt_spec_prop_* convars?

Several maps, over several days of playing. The problem is still present for me in all props. If I press e on a person while spectating I get stuck on them like I would on a prop.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3274 on: August 12, 2010, 07:44:09 AM »

The fix for the prop possess bug is in the SVN. I made a dumb mistake when making the DNA scanner continue working while holstered, which meant it was only running certain code for player #1 including prop recharge (and things like drowning). Thanks for the reports.

I seem unable to fast weapon switch back to weapon_ttt_unarmed on v9.

(edit: Confirmed, it doesn't work when you don't have consecutive weapon slots filled.)
(edit2: Fixed in SVN)

RE: v9 release. Seeing as we've just found (and fixed) two bugs, I'm not going to do a release yet today. I would like it out for the weekend, so probably tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:21:41 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #3275 on: August 12, 2010, 12:03:09 PM »

I DO NOT HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING SERVER.

I think this needs a sticky to prevent any further confusion.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3276 on: August 12, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »

Couple of suggestions if they are possible.

1:Add a cvar that sets the prep time of the 1st round, so instead of the default 30 seconds it could be set to 45 seconds (or higher), just to give people who do not have the map, a small extra bit of time to download and join the game.
As it can get a bit boring sitting around for 5 to 12 minutes just because you were 5 seconds to late in joining.

2:When the ttt_print_traitors or ttt_print_adminreport is used have it logged to the server log, or an cvar to control it so only dead\spectator Admins can use it, just so when players start QQing about "Admin Abuse" with those commands, we can tell if it just the usual Traitor crying RDM for getting killed, or if an Admin has abused their power.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:08:54 PM by NaRyan »

Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #3277 on: August 12, 2010, 03:09:30 PM »

1:Add a cvar that sets the prep time of the 1st round, so instead of the default 30 seconds it could be set to 45 seconds (or higher), just to give people who do not have the map, a small extra bit of time to download and join the game.
As it can get a bit boring sitting around for 5 to 12 minutes just because you were 5 seconds to late in joining.
I like this idea a whole lot.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3278 on: August 12, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »

Couple of suggestions if they are possible.

....You mean ttt_preptime_seconds?

Because it already exists.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3279 on: August 12, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length