Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:48:34 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702536 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3160 on: August 01, 2010, 08:48:21 AM »

Here BKU i got something for you.

FIX IT.

But seriously i dont know. This happened twice to the same prop on whitehouse. Not this one but another on the level.
Is that the teleporter effect maybe?

Looks like a rendering glitch or something. I mean I don't see how a material I set for one entity (the magneto stick thing) would magically copy itself to another through something I did wrong. It sounds much more likely that it's a bug in the engine.

Maybe I'll just make the magneto stick thing invisible again, it's not that useful anyway.

Also you can hit the little bugbait thing that happens with the magneto stick and it doesn't break the prop. I think you should make it nocollided with weapons.

This sentence doesn't make a lot of sense. The magneto stick thing is already nonsolid.

Are you working on achievements at all? I thought the winning game modes were getting full Steamworks privileges.

No. I have not heard anything from garry re: achievements (and he has been in contact about other things).

Oh! Right right, totally forgot about that. Haha.
/hurr

F2 does not work for me. Is there a bind for this?

gm_showteam, or Show Team in the keyboard menu.

I set myself to spectate only today, and it still spawned me next round. This was on Soduka's server

I'll test it.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #3161 on: August 01, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »

Shortly after you left Sodukas, BKU this problem happened where my screen turned sideways, and moving my mouse from left to right, moved it up and down, and vice versar. I could look in every direction except down.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3162 on: August 01, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »

You were presumably prop spectating before that happened. Do you remember how you left the prop? Like, was it destroyed, did you press crouch, etc.

Note that when this happens as spectator, it resets your view if you press jump, crouch, or one of the mouse buttons. I have now extended that to every key you press, including movement. Seems like an effective way to get rid of the issue once and for all.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #3163 on: August 01, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »

I think I pressed one of the mouse buttons to follow someone.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
jimbodude
Poster

« Reply #3164 on: August 01, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »

Something happened to a friend of mine yesterday. He picked up a shotgun, but it listed as an M16, but with shotgun ammo in the drop down menu thingy and he could not shoot with it.

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/hl2201007311903304.jpg/
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3165 on: August 01, 2010, 03:29:18 PM »

File that under "random glitch".
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3166 on: August 01, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »

Do you think you could change the knife world model animation thing?
It gets confused with the crowbar quite often, and I think a trained serial killer would choose not to flail the knife over his head all the time.
Possibly something more discreet.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #3167 on: August 01, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »

Interestingly when I spec a prop. I can't get out.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3168 on: August 01, 2010, 06:43:32 PM »

Do you think you could change the knife world model animation thing?
It gets confused with the crowbar quite often, and I think a trained serial killer would choose not to flail the knife over his head all the time.
Possibly something more discreet.

None of the animations that are available are any more appropriate.

Interestingly when I spec a prop. I can't get out.

Press whatever your crouch key is, without simultaneously pressing other prop spec keys, and make sure it is in fact bound to duck/crouch/whatever the keyboard menu calls it.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3169 on: August 02, 2010, 02:15:00 AM »

About the green texture props thing. I was on borders flinging around boxes in the tester. Then the next round i go into that room and 4 boxes have that texture.
So maybe if props were previously messed with they do this, but not all props i dont know. Just thought id say something.
But it definitely has to do with the mag stick orb thing cause ive never seen it before.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3170 on: August 02, 2010, 04:55:31 AM »

I never really noticed this before, but last words don't really display unless you fall to your death (The ones where you were typing something and are killed, just being clear). Was this an intentional change, and is there/can there be a switch to change that?
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #3171 on: August 02, 2010, 05:14:57 AM »

It was intentionally turned off because people would be really irritating with them.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3172 on: August 02, 2010, 07:50:48 AM »

I never really noticed this before, but last words don't really display unless you fall to your death (The ones where you were typing something and are killed, just being clear). Was this an intentional change, and is there/can there be a switch to change that?

Yeah it was intentional. The last words will always still appear on the corpse though. You can enable it to always print in the chat by setting ttt_lastwords_chatprint 1.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3173 on: August 03, 2010, 02:05:15 PM »

Made movement keys reset view roll while spectator, if there the view is rolled (which should never happen).

I tried this in v7b and to be honest I find it relay annoying :(
Is there a Clientside command to disable this function, as when your moving about the map in spectator the screen twitching back to default is kind of annoying. (for me anyway)

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3174 on: August 03, 2010, 02:45:39 PM »

Yes, I have since fixed that for v8. It was always resetting your view, messing up prediction. Now it only resets it if your view is rolled, so when everything is normal nothing happens and there is no twitching.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #3175 on: August 03, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »

The "Delay Before Reset" for func_buttons and triggers don't work.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3176 on: August 03, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »

Does it work in sandbox?

I will not be able to fix most problems with non-scripted entities, unless the problems are created by something TTT does. Hence, the first step is testing it in another gamemode such as sandbox.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #3177 on: August 03, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »

Does it work in sandbox?

I will not be able to fix most problems with non-scripted entities, unless the problems are created by something TTT does. Hence, the first step is testing it in another gamemode such as sandbox.

I'll check if it works in Sandbox, but I'm sure it doesn't work in TTT. I'm able to work around it with triggers but its a bit harder with buttons.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3178 on: August 03, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »

Is it possible to make it so if someone joins right after the round ends, they can still see the end-of-round log?
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3179 on: August 03, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »

Making new map: Use Source Engine 2009? Is CS:S on 2009 now?

EDIT: I'll go with CS:S still I suppose, I don't think everyone has EP2 as much as CS:S.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 11:46:28 PM by Soduka »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length