Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:36:06 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702315 times)
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3140 on: July 30, 2010, 11:09:29 PM »

I think I found a way to produce the error, happened by complete luck. I found that if you alt-tab out of the game and then back in, this error would occur. So:

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/?action=view&current=de_westwood0001.jpg

Is the start of the error spam. Something to do with the cl_voice maybe. Ignore the stuff above it, since that's an addon. (Red lines are the error).

While I'm at it, I also noticed this:

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/?action=view&current=de_westwood0000.jpg

The black arror is pointing to 'label' in the top left that is never usually there. Take a look at the screenshots others have posted for this error. In the top left you also see 'label' and 'console'. Maybe that also has something to do with it?
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3141 on: July 30, 2010, 11:12:23 PM »

Someone told me that label shows up whenever theres something spamming in console.

But nothing should be in that corner that would screw up. Maybe its a placeholder for something.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3142 on: July 31, 2010, 12:34:11 AM »

Also something I've noticed a lot is the odd way a discombobulator works. In the past I've seen it been thrown and launch people into the air high enough for them to take fall damage way over a 100hp. Other times it will just push people along the ground and disorientate their view. Today I saw the discombobulator being repeatadly used to push people literally like a 1000mph foward. Hilarious as it was, people were being flung into walls so fast they died on impact. (I know it's funny). Has the update done something to this?

Also I'm using v2 atm. Will be putting v6 on tomorrow. (or v7 if another comes out)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3143 on: July 31, 2010, 03:31:06 AM »

When you're a traitor and you look at the C4 you planted, it says "Search to receive unspent credits".

There are no credits.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3144 on: July 31, 2010, 04:15:31 AM »

Same with the Health Station when you're a traitor.

Also, when I first got the error, I bought a weapon as a traitor. No, it didn't start when I joined. It was on preparing, then like 30 seconds later I bought something. Like 1 second later I get spammed with that error.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #3145 on: July 31, 2010, 07:21:14 AM »

I accidently minimized gmod and when I opened it up again I got the LUA spam. Also I don't think the C4 has a defuse penalty. I set the timer to 10 minutes and tested incorrect numbers and the time didn't drop at all. Or is the C4 suppost to act like that?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:24:04 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3146 on: July 31, 2010, 07:41:14 AM »

I think I found a way to produce the error, happened by complete luck. I found that if you alt-tab out of the game and then back in, this error would occur. So:

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/?action=view&current=de_westwood0001.jpg

Is the start of the error spam. Something to do with the cl_voice maybe. Ignore the stuff above it, since that's an addon. (Red lines are the error).

While I'm at it, I also noticed this:

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/?action=view&current=de_westwood0000.jpg

The black arror is pointing to 'label' in the top left that is never usually there. Take a look at the screenshots others have posted for this error. In the top left you also see 'label' and 'console'. Maybe that also has something to do with it?

That first screenshot should be what I need, thanks. Looks like it's in the voice indicators rather than the tips.

The label is there because the error presumably occurs while it's in the middle of creating an interface element, so it ends up half-created and spamming errors. It's in the top left because that's position 0, 0 (default).

Also something I've noticed a lot is the odd way a discombobulator works. In the past I've seen it been thrown and launch people into the air high enough for them to take fall damage way over a 100hp. Other times it will just push people along the ground and disorientate their view. Today I saw the discombobulator being repeatadly used to push people literally like a 1000mph foward. Hilarious as it was, people were being flung into walls so fast they died on impact. (I know it's funny). Has the update done something to this?

I haven't done anything to the discomb, but it does seem to behave oddly sometimes. Someone reported a similar issue of high speeds to me, but when I tested it only pushed me a normal amount. I'll look into it.

When you're a traitor and you look at the C4 you planted, it says "Search to receive unspent credits".

Should be easy to fix.

I accidently minimized gmod and when I opened it up again I got the LUA spam. Also I don't think the C4 has a defuse penalty. I set the timer to 10 minutes and tested incorrect numbers and the time didn't drop at all. Or is the C4 suppost to act like that?

It's intentional: Traitors who get the wrong code do not decrease the time.

---

There should be a v7 in a few hours.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:48:07 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3147 on: July 31, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »

It looks like the error spam was related to the gmod update, as the game apparently sometimes calls the PlayerStartVoice hook with an invalid/non-existent player object. This never happened before, so the code didn't check for it and error'd out while creating the voice indicator. Gmod's base gamemode doesn't check for it either so it seems the exact same error can happen in any gamemode.

Anyway, v7 is up now. Let's hope this was indeed the cause for all error spam, so I can stop making servers update every day.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3148 on: July 31, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »

Just had a quick test with v7 installed on the server. Alt tabbed out and back in; didn't seem to create the lua error spam. If I see or hear reports of it I'll post here.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3149 on: July 31, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »

Would a gun that you shoot dead bodies with to teleport them to a location you marked be a stupid idea?

Edit: I guess it's too similar to burning them anyway.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3150 on: July 31, 2010, 07:07:54 PM »

Just from a technical perspective, that's difficult. For a player it's relatively easy to check if he could fit in a certain position, because in game terms he's basically always a box of a certain size. A ragdoll can be in any sort of pose, and a spot where one ragdoll fits won't have room for a different one. A way around this would be to put the ragdoll in a certain pose when teleporting (like lying straight on the ground or just standing up), however gmod has no facilities for putting a ragdoll in a specific animation/pose (you'll note that this is absent from sandbox as well).

edit:
Small bug in v7 (and earlier): carrying a silenced pistol does not let you pick up pistol ammo. Obvious workaround is grabbing a normal pistol as well. I've fixed it for next version.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:10:43 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3151 on: August 01, 2010, 12:31:06 AM »

Here BKU i got something for you.

FIX IT.

But seriously i dont know. This happened twice to the same prop on whitehouse. Not this one but another on the level.
Is that the teleporter effect maybe?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:32:10 AM by Darkest_97 »
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3152 on: August 01, 2010, 01:33:16 AM »

Looks like the texture that the magneto stick uses for its effect.

Also you can hit the little bugbait thing that happens with the magneto stick and it doesn't break the prop. I think you should make it nocollided with weapons.

Also the health stations say "Search to recieve unspent credits" if you're a traitor.

Oh wait, these are all bugs with v6.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:09:40 AM by JoTheShmo »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3153 on: August 01, 2010, 03:24:50 AM »

When you ironsight the M16 and fire the recoil is so extreme that you really can't use it anymore. It actually more accurate and easier to fire from the hip. If it were easier to fire while scoped it might be a more useful weapon. Right now it's still very red headed stepchildish.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3154 on: August 01, 2010, 05:22:15 AM »

Are you working on achievements at all? I thought the winning game modes were getting full Steamworks privileges.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3155 on: August 01, 2010, 06:26:44 AM »

Apparently muting alive people and spectator by pressing Alt when you're a spectator no longer works.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3156 on: August 01, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »

It's been rebinded to F2 a few updates ago.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3157 on: August 01, 2010, 06:43:22 AM »

Oh! Right right, totally forgot about that. Haha.
/hurr

F2 does not work for me. Is there a bind for this?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 06:53:45 AM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #3158 on: August 01, 2010, 06:49:39 AM »

I set myself to spectate only today, and it still spawned me next round. This was on Soduka's server
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3159 on: August 01, 2010, 06:56:24 AM »

Oh! Right right, totally forgot about that. Haha.
/hurr

F2 does not work for me. Is there a bind for this?

Go to sleep, it'll work in the morning.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length