Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:55:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700497 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2940 on: June 29, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »

There were some issues with servers since the gmod update, that caused a number of smaller updates to be released. It was a bit of a mess. I would guess that server hasn't been fully updated yet. It's definitely not a TTT thing.

That one line of error thing reminds me... Was the DNA scanner ever fixed? I went MIA for two weeks straight, so I missed a lot. I know sometimes it just refused to work, like it broke permanently(menu wouldn't open), and if you handed it to someone else they couldn't use it either. It just produced a single line of error. I could get the the line for you, unless it's already fixed, or this was intentional, like a percentile chance to break.

One other thing, someone told me the DNA scanner is only 95% accurate on purpose, or at least the old one anyways, and it could produce faulty results. Is that a ttt myth?

There were fixes made to the DNA scanner, and I haven't had any reports about it for a long time.

The accuracy thing is nonsense. Could be that the myth was created by players who used it wrongly (like scanning on the wrong sample, or assuming a traitor used a certain gun when he didn't) and assumed it was the scanner's fault.

In fact, I think you'll find there's nothing random in TTT's gameplay mechanisms, other than who becomes traitor/detective.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:46:40 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2941 on: July 01, 2010, 10:42:04 PM »

BKU you probably already know this, but voice traitor chat doesnt work at all now, innocents can always here you. The locational chat is turned off if that matters.

And apparently the DNA scanner doesnt work at all now, dont know the details. Ill say something if i figure it out. I know theres some error but i lost it.
Edit: nvm, it does break occasionally during rounds though, dont know why.
Edit 2: Someone gave this error for it: weapons\weapon_ttt_wtester\shared.lua:641: wrong number of arguments to 'insert'
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:51:03 PM by Darkest_97 »
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2942 on: July 02, 2010, 02:24:30 AM »

Yeah, i was just gonna come in here and post this. Pressing Shift to talk to traitors doesn't work. locational chat is turned off on our server too.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2943 on: July 02, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »

Allright. Jossi and I tested a lot of voice things, but I guess that slipped through.

I've fixed the traitor chat and that DNA scanner error. New build will be up soon.

By the way, never assume I know something if it hasn't been posted in the thread yet. It'd suck if some issue stayed around for ages because everyone thinks I know when I don't (or I've forgotten).
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #2944 on: July 02, 2010, 04:02:44 PM »

Has anyone gotten the locational chat to function correctly? Yesterday on Alters' server the fading names worked, but the locational chat did not. Not sure why but it simply wasn't working as intended.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2945 on: July 02, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »

It worked on our server yesterday, but it seemed really odd.
There was an issue where the voice of someone was louder in the center of a group of people but he wasn't even in the area at all, for some reason we could all hear him as if he was with us, I don't think he could hear us.
That said for some reason I'm not much a fan of it, it seems to encourage everyone to travel in a group and makes the game extremely difficult for the traitors. It also seems to be implemented kind of oddly, even when you're fairly close people seem quiet. And even though it's more "realistic" I guess I'm just way to used to being able to hear everyone from anywhere.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2946 on: July 02, 2010, 04:25:14 PM »

It worked on our server yesterday, but it seemed really odd.
There was an issue where the voice of someone was louder in the center of a group of people but he wasn't even in the area at all, for some reason we could all hear him as if he was with us, I don't think he could hear us.

This seems like the traitor chat issue.

Unless there's a gmod bug, there's no other way it could not be locational for one innocent and work for everyone else.

It also seems to be implemented kind of oddly, even when you're fairly close people seem quiet. And even though it's more "realistic" I guess I'm just way to used to being able to hear everyone from anywhere.

This is a gmod thing, there is absolutely nothing I can tweak about it. I agree that it changes the game, not sure if it's for the better because I haven't had a chance to play. I do hope gmod adds some way of modifying the volume/range relation.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2947 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »

Ah yeah, I didn't put those two together. It probably was traitor chat. That makes sense. :P

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2948 on: July 02, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

There's a little TTT article at PC Gamer.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #2949 on: July 02, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »

a href="http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/02/lie-to-survive-in-trouble-in-terrorist-town/">There's a little TTT article at PC Gamer.

Nice, hard to forget how popular TTT has become :V

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2950 on: July 03, 2010, 12:44:41 AM »

How do you look innocent in Gmod? You don’t look at people too much, you holster your gun

Oh god lol.

Deceitful deathmatch? Brilliant.

Sigh.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
SandersonJ
Poster

« Reply #2951 on: July 03, 2010, 09:54:05 PM »

Probably one of the most original and well-scripted gamemodes out there, basically; awesome.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #2952 on: July 03, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »

Yeah, as long as the other Traitor isn’t using the replacement weapon to take the targets down.

Ehwot.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #2953 on: July 04, 2010, 02:52:01 AM »

I expect better than this from PC gamer.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2954 on: July 04, 2010, 03:10:42 AM »

Well, its free publicity for the gamemode, which once people learn the basics can be nothing but good.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2955 on: July 05, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »

Bad King, is there anything you can do or add so that we can instantly know whether a server is modified or not?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2956 on: July 05, 2010, 05:15:01 PM »

First and foremost: anything I could do, could also be modded out quite easily.

The presence of custom weapons (or other entities) can be detected quite easily. Other modifications, not so much. Of course custom weapons are probably the most common.

Ideally, players could see information like this in the server browser. Valve's tagging system would be ideal, but I don't know if gmod will ever get that. I can theoretically make the server list say something like "Trouble in Terrorist Town (customized)" in the "game" column instead for servers with custom stuff. That's only been possible since the OB update so I haven't had long to think about it yet. It's a little ugly compared to the tag approach.

Is that the kind of thing you mean with "instantly know"?
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #2957 on: July 05, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »

First and foremost: anything I could do, could also be modded out quite easily.

The presence of custom weapons (or other entities) can be detected quite easily. Other modifications, not so much. Of course custom weapons are probably the most common.

Ideally, players could see information like this in the server browser. Valve's tagging system would be ideal, but I don't know if gmod will ever get that. I can theoretically make the server list say something like "Trouble in Terrorist Town (customized)" in the "game" column instead for servers with custom stuff. That's only been possible since the OB update so I haven't had long to think about it yet. It's a little ugly compared to the tag approach.

Is that the kind of thing you mean with "instantly know"?

If it's really that stupid looking then I wouldn't do it. I just feel it would be very helpful to know from the browser what server is modified and what isn't.

This is especially important considering the game mode will be IN Gmod at some point in the future and with all the publicity TTT gets for being a mod, new players may not understand that the unbalanced crap floating around is not really TTT.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #2958 on: July 05, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »

Latest Gmod update appears to have broken TTT. Names, unid'd/id'd bodies names, etc don't show up at all. One of the files updates was cookies.lua, if it matters.
Rigel Betelguise
Poster

« Reply #2959 on: July 05, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »

Latest Gmod update appears to have broken TTT. Names, unid'd/id'd bodies names, etc don't show up at all. One of the files updates was cookies.lua, if it matters.

I second this.  It seems to be the only thing that broke that we've found so far.  So we just have a bunch of rdm's and confused people:-P
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length