Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:22:38 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699636 times)
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #2540 on: March 24, 2010, 01:48:58 PM »

One problem would be that "Nobody" would be associated with a guy in disguise, so if you accidentally said nobody, you might act stupidly and kill the perfectly innocent guy you happened to miss.
One plus is that glitch where you will appear with no name to certain people will be solvable just by pressing a radio bind.

What about an option to automatically run "status" every time a round starts. That way you won't have to pay too much attention to getting everyone's steam ID, but if someone RDMs them leaves, you can still get it.
I would use a clientside script, but then there's scriptenforcer to pass...

Since only the radio bind'd be changed and the crosshair name'd still be invisible, I can't really see a problem with RDM. You're not exactly going to shoot if it says "Nobody is the traitor!", more, you would shoot if they had no name when you aimed at them; this is generally how disguised traitors are dealt with anyways.

However, one problem lies in bringing the quickchat menu up and then "sweeping" across a bunch of people or a suspected sniper area covered in foliage, for example. If for a flash of a second it says "Someone in disguise is the traitor!", even if that person is well hidden or you'd blended in with the crowd pretty well anyway and were planning to "cause chaos", they've been caught unfairly and red-handed.

As for the 'status' thing, see if you can get your preferred server to use one of those "SteamID and Location upon join" plugins. We've got one at DNR, and since it's server-based, you don't need to worry about scriptenforcer and the ID's been put in the consoles of everyone present when the RDM'er joined. Which is bound to be at least one person.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2541 on: March 30, 2010, 12:29:41 AM »

Or
alias statuscheck "status; wait 72000; statuscheck"

statuscheck

In autoexec.cfg
Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #2542 on: April 05, 2010, 01:34:38 AM »

Apparently there is an exploit out now that allows people to run commands on other players.

Anyone notice this yet besides me?

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
Nel
Poster

« Reply #2543 on: April 05, 2010, 02:04:51 AM »

Do you mean an exploit, or the admin command for it?  And by commands, you do mean, using their console right?
Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #2544 on: April 05, 2010, 03:02:28 AM »

Yes. They can run console commands on any player

My friend told me it was just TTT that you were able to do it on.

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #2545 on: April 05, 2010, 03:18:18 AM »

Sent you a PM regarding this.

Have you confirmed this? Do you know it really exists, and isn't him just bypassing scriptenforcer? Or that he possibly happened to be playing on some random server that had something odd on it?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:30:54 AM by Alters »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2546 on: April 05, 2010, 07:23:53 AM »

Not sure how TTT would be special in this regard. I'd need to know more to investigate it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2547 on: April 07, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »

I fixed a few things today people have mentioned over the past weeks. Garry is taking far too long with the fretta stuff, so I'm no longer waiting for that before I release the open source'd version that includes those bugfixes.

If you have any bugs to report or (very) minor changes to suggest, you should do so now. If I don't hear anything I will wait a few days just in case and release the update then.

Changelog at this time:
- Fixed (harmless) Lua error when non-player kills a player.
- Fixed scoreboard breaking when ttt_sherlock_mode is off.
- "Search for unspent credits" hint no longer appears when you're a spectator.
- Dropping a weapon or throwing a grenade no longer switches to your previous weapon. Instead, it switches to holstered.

Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2548 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »

Last Words and Reflections seem to broken ever since the last update. 

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2549 on: April 07, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »

Going to need more details.

Note that reflections are intentionally only available to detectives (other players can only see it via the scoreboard after a detective has searched the corpse).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:52:38 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Firespray
Build Tester

« Reply #2550 on: April 07, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »

Well, I was trying to test if last words out worked yesterday.  I told someone to kill me, I left the words Last Words Test.  I died, nothing happend. No last words, no errors.  Just nothing.  As a detective, same thing, I just can't see their reflections.

Nel
Poster

« Reply #2551 on: April 07, 2010, 09:13:17 PM »

Last words can be disabled from the chat by a server, did you have Last Words on your body?
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #2552 on: April 07, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »

If you have any bugs to report or (very) minor changes to suggest, you should do so now.
I think Detectives should be limited to the amount of Health Stations and Beacons they can buy, just like Traitors and knives. Right now, Detectives with credits to spare can just treat Health Stations like personal medkits, constantly buying and healing themselves up and perhaps even intentionally destroying the items afterward. This doesn't particularly encourage proper Detective behavior if said Detective is able to use his abilities solely for self-preservation. I recall a similar argument being made as to why Detectives shouldn't get body armor.

A radical suggestion I considered mentioning is disallowing Detectives from healing with their own Health Station, thus forcing them need to rely on their innocent allies for protection or other Detectives to provide a different Health Station, but I don't know if you'd consider that as being a minor change.

As for Beacons, well it's just annoying when Detectives spam them:

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2553 on: April 07, 2010, 11:57:52 PM »

Aww marphy you had to show me.  :(

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #2554 on: April 08, 2010, 01:07:32 AM »

I found a bug a while ago when you have the holstered weapon out and press reload it has a massive lua error spam, not sure if this might have been caused by an edited version of the TTT however since it wasn't called "Holstered" it was called "Unarmed" but I might have just missed an update where that changed I donno.

I've also seen a lot of bad Detectives lately, not really sure if there is anyway to help that but when I was playing not long ago the Detectives just gathered everyone one up and shot everybody one by one and anyone who shot back was counted as a traitor and anyone who was hiding was counted as a traitor.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Firespray
Build Tester

« Reply #2555 on: April 08, 2010, 05:17:07 AM »

The Justice Squad.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2556 on: April 08, 2010, 07:01:40 AM »

I think Detectives should be limited to the amount of Health Stations and Beacons they can buy, just like Traitors and knives.

Agreed and done.

I'm not opposed to detectives not being able to heal at their own health station, but it's a rather arbitrary restriction and therefore confusing to players.

I found a bug a while ago when you have the holstered weapon out and press reload it has a massive lua error spam, not sure if this might have been caused by an edited version of the TTT however since it wasn't called "Holstered" it was called "Unarmed" but I might have just missed an update where that changed I donno.

The weapon is still called Holstered in official TTT, and its reload explicitly does nothing, so it sounds like an edit gone wrong.

I've also seen a lot of bad Detectives lately, not really sure if there is anyway to help that but when I was playing not long ago the Detectives just gathered everyone one up and shot everybody one by one and anyone who shot back was counted as a traitor and anyone who was hiding was counted as a traitor.

A job for good admins or the karma system (both will punish this behaviour).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:03:35 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #2557 on: April 08, 2010, 07:46:43 PM »

That sounds pretty cool, not in the sense of gameplay ruining but in the bad arse detective sort of way. "Everyone's guilty until proven innocent, the sentence for being a traitor is death!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2558 on: April 08, 2010, 08:04:32 PM »

No, not really.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2559 on: April 09, 2010, 01:50:32 AM »

No, not really.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length