Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:21:31 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699570 times)
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #2200 on: January 27, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »

Expanding on the removing of crosshairs,  is it possible to have an option to just disable the karma portion of the crosshair when it is pointed at another player.  It adds more clutter and reduces my reaction time to firing at people I've marked with "suspect/avoid/kill"
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2201 on: January 27, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »

Rather than adding more and more minor options, I would prefer adding an "minimalist target ID" option with for example only the target's name coloured to reflect his health, no "press USE to search" hints on bodies, etc.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #2202 on: January 27, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »

I have a suggestion: What if a kill is a headshot, the body would not have reflection.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2203 on: January 27, 2010, 04:25:56 PM »

Not having a reflection is one of the uses of the disguiser, hence it would be a bad idea to make it effectively free for anyone who can aim.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2204 on: January 28, 2010, 03:43:40 AM »

Random tangent: I still think the silenced pistol needs to actually be silenced, because it's still audible and that's just wrong. Besides, nobody uses it right now (unless they want a challenge) because it's insanely hard to kill people with it and not get noticed. Maybe removing the death scream for people killed by it would work too?

Just food for thought.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2205 on: January 28, 2010, 08:48:22 AM »

The thing is that you don't hear it on the other side of the map like other guns. Removing the death scream is a better option. I agree the gun is used very little right now.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2206 on: January 28, 2010, 01:33:59 PM »

Actually the silenced pistol is my favorite weapon ecspecially combined with the disguiser.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2207 on: January 28, 2010, 04:46:54 PM »

Random tangent: I still think the silenced pistol needs to actually be silenced, because it's still audible and that's just wrong. Besides, nobody uses it right now (unless they want a challenge) because it's insanely hard to kill people with it and not get noticed. Maybe removing the death scream for people killed by it would work too?

Just food for thought.

I love the silenced pistol, it works extremely well with large groups of people. Get yourself to a distance, fire a shot or two at either the one with the highest health, or lowest health, then hide and the innocents will panic. Do this as many times as needed, or until they disperce, kill each other or you kill them all.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #2208 on: January 28, 2010, 07:28:51 PM »

The main use of the silenced pistol is a cheap shot in which other players won't be able to determine who fired.  If it was a regular pistol that was fired, they could run over to you and demand to see your pistol.  At which point you would be revealed.
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #2209 on: January 28, 2010, 10:28:10 PM »

i have used the normal pistol is place of the silenced one many times. It works about 90% of the time, and they always scream that it's a silenced pistol.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #2210 on: January 28, 2010, 11:50:02 PM »

Being the reasonable fellow I am. I fight a wall.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGVzoo48ST4[/youtube]

No High Quality version yet.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2211 on: January 29, 2010, 12:12:30 AM »

THAT WAS MY IDEA D:

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2212 on: January 29, 2010, 12:15:13 AM »

Nice try jossi!

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2213 on: January 29, 2010, 09:16:43 AM »

I winced at the suffering of the physics engine in that video.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2214 on: January 30, 2010, 10:39:29 AM »

What's people's impression of balance right now?

I'd crunch some numbers, but I'm not sure the server log contains who has won/lost. I'll make sure it's in there for next version.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2215 on: January 30, 2010, 01:53:30 PM »

I think that this gamemode is almost perfectly balanced we just need some more good maps that are fun for traitors and innocents.

UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #2216 on: January 30, 2010, 07:10:10 PM »

Last time I played TTT I believe the traitors won the majority of the time.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #2217 on: January 30, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »

Its more fun if the traitors win more often:

Regarding gun balance, I feel the mac10 is overpowered, (again.)  It takes about 1/3 of a clip to kill someone to the chest, it's fire rate is high so if you miss the first burst you can adjust your reticule and pepper him to death.  Plus the range is quite good.

Compared to the huge, which has no range at all but is deadly for spray and pray at pointblank.  The shotgun, which has a bit more range but you need to aim your shots.  The M16, which is outclassed at short range and very long ranges by other guns and it takes a few moments of firing to kill if you miss the head.  And lastly the sniper which is a long range assassin and reconnaissance weapon.

I feel if the clip size was reduced to 20 for the mac10 it would be balanced as the user would be forced to actually hit his enemy, instead of miss and compensate.  It serves as a good quick killer at short to medium range to make sure he doesn't talk the moment he realizes he's getting shot.

Pistol balance is great, regular pistol is good for accuracy and long range while the deagle is powerful but inaccurate.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2218 on: January 30, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »

I feel the HUGE needs a little bit more power. I feel even at point blank, hitting every shot, my enemy can still kill me easily with anything else.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2219 on: January 30, 2010, 09:50:52 PM »

I mostly meant traitor vs innocent, because someone in the detective thread said innocents never lose. I was wondering if there was a trend there I was missing.

Weapon balance is okay right now. The HUGE is the biggest gun and also the worst, by design.

That the MAC10 may be more powerful than the shotgun in an extended/ranged firefight is also not a problem. The shotgun is a pleasant traitor weapon because it's a guaranteed single-shot kill as long as you get close. Even if the MAC10 is better overall it won't have that property and people will often prefer a different gun. Its ammo limit also hampers it.

In the end I don't think any gun is the obvious best choice for everyone right now, which is a pretty good situation to be in and not one I am eager to meddle with.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length