Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:23:34 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699680 times)
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1800 on: December 12, 2009, 10:49:07 PM »

Blitzy keeps killing my melon-friends :(

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1801 on: December 13, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »

Jesus Christ people if there wasn't some streaks it wouldn't be random.

EDIT:
Melons are by far the best things to posses.

Also, I think that the push meter should scale in size as your push points increase and decrease. It just seems to make more sense, and gives you a better idea of how much push you actually have. Obviously the meter should stop growing and just scale the push increment after some max lest the server owners decide to scale the fuck out of things. Eh, it's just my two cents.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:22:01 AM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #1802 on: December 13, 2009, 01:38:46 AM »

Blitzy keeps killing my melon-friends :(

I was just sending them to a better place. D:
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1803 on: December 13, 2009, 01:43:01 AM »

That's what she said.

Queen Isabella I that is.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1804 on: December 13, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »

Can the disguise kit become a bindable key?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1805 on: December 13, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »

I agree that the disguise needs somewhat of a boost. I was thinking either have a key for it (such as F3) or something else.

That something else is an idea I've been toying with where you can take somebody else's name, but only if you've personally inspected their corpse. This way you cannot use their name to grief as the person has to be dead, it's not too overpowered because you can only really take the identity of people you've killed and hidden, and if someone finds the body your disguise is void.

I really like this idea because it brings back the sneaky and allows skilled players to really take advantage of this equipment.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1806 on: December 13, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »

I had stuff typed here on how it would be trivial to get rid of a body and grief, but really the whole issue is very simple: name taking will never happen in any form.

Can the disguise kit become a bindable key?

You can do that, sorta. Bind a key to "ttt_set_disguise 1" to enable, and one to "ttt_set_disguise 0" to disable. I'll add a ttt_toggle_disguise command to make it easier.

It would be an option to make the numpad enter key toggle it by default. GMod binds that to "gm_special <some number>" so I could easily redirect that binding.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1807 on: December 13, 2009, 10:01:44 PM »

I had stuff typed here on how it would be trivial to get rid of a body and grief, but really the whole issue is very simple: name taking will never happen in any form.
I had stuff typed here on how making simple server logs showing when someone disguised would simplify the issue greatly, but really the whole issue is very simple: tGB has final word and I am sad :(

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1808 on: December 13, 2009, 11:08:31 PM »

. I'll add a ttt_toggle_disguise command to make it easier.

Thanks.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pastor
Build Tester

Bewildering Transvestite Wasteland

« Reply #1809 on: December 14, 2009, 03:25:57 AM »

I been thinking maybe a device to fake your own last words, when thing get stalled it may cause chaos and confuce the innocents, also it be balanced because you may lead to kill eachother but if they see you later they would shot you in sight, and this may be used up to be a combo whit the disguiser for being more effective.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1810 on: December 14, 2009, 04:17:04 AM »

Smoke grenades are so damn useless. Any thoughts on replacing them with something more useful?

Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #1811 on: December 14, 2009, 04:33:18 AM »

Last words uttered in proximity of smoke are replaced by coughing?

Is that even possible?
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1812 on: December 14, 2009, 04:40:38 AM »

How difficult would it be for smoke to roll through an area instead of just expand from where it is? There's a little coding challenge, tGB.

Skittles
Poster

« Reply #1813 on: December 14, 2009, 05:17:22 AM »

Smoke grenades are so damn useless. Any thoughts on replacing them with something more useful?

How bout making them hide a person's name, if they're in or behind the smoke? Or having the smoke shake up someones aim?

Found a glitch(I think).
If you're specing a prop, quit out of it, and then hit primary fire(mouse 1). Your view will turn sideways.
Wat?
Poster

« Reply #1814 on: December 14, 2009, 06:13:12 AM »

Maybe the disguise kit could have an option to just hide the health, so you would look perfectly normal with full health when someone looks you.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1815 on: December 14, 2009, 07:04:20 AM »

How difficult would it be for smoke to roll through an area instead of just expand from where it is? There's a little coding challenge, tGB.

Smoke is clientside.

I think the main reason why the smoke grenade sticks out as not useful is because it's fucking everywhere on canyon (where smoke would be useless in any form because everything is visible from everywhere). On HL2DM/ZM maps it won't even appear. It's as close to not being in the game as a weapon can be.
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

oh god not the snorks nooo

« Reply #1816 on: December 14, 2009, 07:38:47 AM »

One item thought could be interesting for both traitors and innocents would be some kind of limited use sign or note tool which would leave a visible object in the world with some text that pops up when people look at it. Could be used for re-grouping messages and warnings, or cool traitor tactics like killing someone in a back room, stacking some items into a rudimentary barricade and leaving a sign that says anyone who comes in gets blasted in order to discourage people from poking inside.

Maps:
zm_air  zm_powderkeg  zm_voodoo  zm_endgame ttt_airbus ttt_siege
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1817 on: December 14, 2009, 01:58:35 PM »

I'm slightly puzzled why smoke is deemed useless. Maybe its not the most effective grenade of the 3 but it sure has its uses.
Its extremely useful if your about to storm in and need some sort of cover. Also useful when your working with a fellow traitor to throw a smoke at the door and an incendiary grenade gets throw in by your fellow traitor. The innocent inside will be blind due to the smoke but has to run from the fire, resulting in him running into a near impossible to win fight.

I also like using smoke for a quick get away. They might still see your name but they will have a hard time tracking your movement through the smoke.

Same goes for the disguiser, its far from an useless item. It for example works extremely well if your sniping or if you got a silenced pistol and you got a remote place to shoot from.
Even if your detected they won't know your name. By the time they will get to your shooting spot you will be long gone and have blended in the crowd.

On a side note, I really like what you did to the poltergeist. Its became a truly worthy item to have as a traitor with the added damage.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1818 on: December 14, 2009, 03:43:57 PM »

The current update got a bit large by accident, so I want to draw attention to the CS:S map compatibility. I think there are some maps that could work rather well (office, cbble), so hopefully people can try some. The convenient thing about them is that they are well designed, so rooms will always have two entrances etc. And cs_italy has oranges spectators can possess.
Lost Hope
Poster

W.S Wankhouse

« Reply #1819 on: December 14, 2009, 03:45:29 PM »

Here i come cp_well. :D

Why did you read this? Read my post, i wasted my time to it!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length