Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:59:35 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702701 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1560 on: November 23, 2009, 09:29:08 PM »

I'll see what I can do.

No need, I found it. I forgot a check in the modified traitor-related stuff in the server-side scoring code, so right now it thinks every player is a traitor for part of the scoring process. D'oh.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1561 on: November 23, 2009, 10:00:42 PM »

No need, I found it. I forgot a check in the modified traitor-related stuff in the server-side scoring code, so right now it thinks every player is a traitor for part of the scoring process. D'oh.

Silly silly TGB. No soup / spoon / cookie / sex for you.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1562 on: November 23, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »

Well, it affects all servers actually. If any servers have difficulties feel free to contact me on steam, as I found out my problem. And it was a pretty simple solution.

redo the cache on fast dl  and on the server. I found this out the hard way as well.

Well that explains why I was pondering over my minus score a few times. Nice you found it out.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:24:46 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1563 on: November 24, 2009, 04:51:12 AM »

Wait does that mean innocents get points for killing innocents D:

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1564 on: November 24, 2009, 11:56:28 AM »

Question regarding ttt_map_settings and custom models.
I assume you have taken this into account but if you would use a custom model, or simply a model thats not used in the current play phase.
Would the model still get precached? AFAIK this only happens while loading the game. I assume changing the ttt_map_settings on round respawn could cause problems?

Also I'd like to request a bind to open the end round score list while in post round end time. I tend to close it by accident or I don't see it at all which might be automatism of auto closing it.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:58:09 AM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1565 on: November 24, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »

It will precache the model as soon as it receives the input, that won't be an issue.

The same key that opens the traitor menu will reopen the round report if it's closed. I believe the default is C.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1566 on: November 24, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »

Did the new gmod update make anyone else's console font really tiny? And I do mean tiny, I'd estimate it's 6 or 7 pixels high. I can read it, but it's annoying. I've tried overriding the font size by extracting the .res files from gcf and changing it, but that does nothing. The issue might well be that it isn't using those and defaulting to a tiny size.

If other people aren't getting this I guess I'll reinstall gmod.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1567 on: November 24, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »

Testing,
Nope mine seems fine.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1568 on: November 24, 2009, 05:13:36 PM »

Argh, it's in all Source games, or at least TF2 too. There goes reinstalling as a solution.

I'll tinker with it later, restart steam, reboot etc. No need to hijack this thread anymore if it's not a gmod thing.

edit:
Figured it out, it's an issue with my fonts, easy to fix.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:20:50 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1569 on: November 24, 2009, 06:37:50 PM »

I'm not really a fan of two parts of the newest update.

- Disabled the printing of Last Words to the chat for everything except falling deaths. They will still be shown in body searches. Can also be re-enabled using "ttt_lastwords_chatprint 1".

I see you gave the ability to toggle this, which is nice. I feel this gives people with microphones the same advantage they had to begin with (Not fully). They can shout someones name as they die, yet if someone that types slow(er) dies there is a chance what they intended to say will never get across.

- Added the last person the victim ID'd (ie. targeted with his crosshair) to the body search results.

This, personally I don't like at all. I feel it either has no use because no one will trust it (as people constantly look at each other) or that it could/will be overpowered for getting a traitor framed. Also, for some reason half the people that died ended up coming up with a single persons name. He ended up not being a traitor, and was complaining that he always shows up in that.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1570 on: November 24, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »

- Disabled the printing of Last Words to the chat for everything except falling deaths. They will still be shown in body searches. Can also be re-enabled using "ttt_lastwords_chatprint 1".

I see you gave the ability to toggle this, which is nice. I feel this gives people with microphones the same advantage they had to begin with (Not fully). They can shout someones name as they die, yet if someone that types slow(er) dies there is a chance what they intended to say will never get across.

And if he types too fast, or uses radio commands, and the text gets through, no one will even notice it, because people studiously ignore such things. I actually personally never saw someone really benefit from last words, because no one stops to type while being shot at.

The "last seen" thing is intended as some measure of evening the playing field. If you are actively fighting someone (eg. traitor does not surprise you) and die, your body will always contain a clue pointing to the killer. Regardless of your typing speed and such.

Of course if the body implicates the traitor, hiding it becomes more important. Until now, almost every round just had everyone's body identified, unless a traitor happened to have a flare. No one bothered hiding them in any way. I think it should be encouraged (will probably make dragging easier too).

I don't see a possibility right now for someone to be erroneously put in that body search result, bug or otherwise. He may just have been unlucky.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:18:17 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1571 on: November 24, 2009, 07:40:44 PM »

This update hasn't hit Soduka's server yet, but I know I'm going to hate that change and will try and convince soduka to re-enable it.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1572 on: November 24, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »

The problem with the last seen feature is that it has lead to significantly more innocent deaths than traitor deaths. It kills so many undeserving people that I tend to ignore it entirely.

For the people who stop to type when being attacked, I think this is still necessary for those who play without mics. This puts them at a huge disadvantage, before they at least had a chance to be heard, now that is far less likely.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1573 on: November 24, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »

And if he types too fast, or uses radio commands, and the text gets through, no one will even notice it, because people studiously ignore such things. I actually personally never saw someone really benefit from last words, because no one stops to type while being shot at.

The "last seen" thing is intended as some measure of evening the playing field. If you are actively fighting someone (eg. traitor does not surprise you) and die, your body will always contain a clue pointing to the killer. Regardless of your typing speed and such.

Of course if the body implicates the traitor, hiding it becomes more important. Until now, almost every round just had everyone's body identified, unless a traitor happened to have a flare. No one bothered hiding them in any way. I think it should be encouraged (will probably make dragging easier too).

I don't see a possibility right now for someone to be erroneously put in that body search result, bug or otherwise. He may just have been unlucky.
If you want to "even the playing field" in that regard, you may want to consider some sort of way to label the kill weapon (i.e. model number).

You're all the most fucking heartless people
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1574 on: November 24, 2009, 08:10:03 PM »

TGB. Please enable ttt_lastwords_chatprint 1" by default. Make it so that servers have an option to turn it off rather then have the option to turn it on.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1575 on: November 24, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »

The new update is fine as is, now you have to find bodies and the overall gameplay change is slight.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1576 on: November 24, 2009, 09:19:47 PM »

The problem with the last seen feature is that it has lead to significantly more innocent deaths than traitor deaths. It kills so many undeserving people that I tend to ignore it entirely.

This kind of thing happens with every feature that people haven't figured out how to best use. First people are likely to shoot anyone who ends up as last seen, but obviously that doesn't work, so they'll stop doing that and perhaps start using it as a normal piece of evidence. Or perhaps not, we don't know yet.

I personally never stop to type because defending myself seems like a universally more fun option, which of course would also put me at a disadvantage. And again: the benefit of last words in general seems more theoretical than anything. I never see it happen outside of stuff like incidental kills of someone who happens to be typing. Yet if it ever does happen it is a death sentence to anyone mentioned in it, much more so than mic talk.

I'll make it default to on again if it becomes a de facto standard, ie. all main servers enable it.

If you want to "even the playing field" in that regard, you may want to consider some sort of way to label the kill weapon (i.e. model number).

That seems like a different thing entirely. The issue is communicating who is attacking you to the other innocents. Mics can do that better than other means. Kill weapon identification might be useful in some way, but not just for non-mic people or something.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1577 on: November 24, 2009, 11:03:53 PM »

I got stabbed in the back of the head, and it came up with who killed me in my eyes. Is it meant to do this?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1578 on: November 24, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »

I got stabbed in the back of the head, and it came up with who killed me in my eyes. Is it meant to do this?

Only if he was the last person your cross-hair was over

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pastor
Build Tester

Bewildering Transvestite Wasteland

« Reply #1579 on: November 25, 2009, 02:14:29 AM »

Maybe it need to make it not so obvius and show the last 3 people he saw instead just one

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length