Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:50:24 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700127 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1380 on: November 10, 2009, 01:10:38 AM »

Having it just hide your name would avoid the mistaken identity problems somewhat. Would be less useful though.
I think this would actually be extremely useful, so long as you were able to turn it off an on with no limits. You could snipe a group of people at a distance without them being able to see who you were instantly, and then retreat/hide. Added bonus for still being able to use your mic without the icon popping up above you.

Changing your name, I feel, would be overpowered. I think the only way you could make it fair would be if to use someone's name, you had to take something off of their dead corpse and you could only use it once.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #1381 on: November 10, 2009, 01:30:18 AM »

Terrorist soundboard will only lead to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbL5elVXrU

And this is so bad?

Signature Pending...
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #1382 on: November 10, 2009, 07:41:14 AM »

The idea for a droppable sound-playing thing has been around for a while. I think that for it to be effective you'd have to be able to configure it in more detail than "repeat sound X continuously". Perhaps make it remote controlled: you drop it somewhere, run off, and press buttons on a soundboard in a traitor menu tab that makes it play those sounds.
These are on my "list of possible traitor equipment"

Thats what I meant, the menu would be similar to the radar tab on the equipment screen, you open the tab and it has a load of sounds you can choose or loop.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1383 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »

I can see people getting used to that sound thing very fast.
Unless it played gunshot noises. Emitted blood and then vanished with the death noise.

Make people freak out,
"OH GAWD PEOPLE ARE DIEING."
"IT WASNT ME OR HIM OR JIMMY HERE"
*traitors are with jimmy*

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1384 on: November 11, 2009, 08:40:10 AM »

How about some achievements?
http://code.google.com/p/gmodsachievements/

my god
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1385 on: November 11, 2009, 09:11:44 AM »

Fretta contest. Infos.
A few days ago (well, more like a week ago) I mentioned a Fretta contest we were thinking of doing. Well we’ve decided that this will happen.

It’ll most likely start on the 1st of December 2009 and end on the 1st of February 2010. This should give you the whole Christmas period to code your entries, while you’re not at work/school.

I’ve written up a rough draught of the contest page here, and there’s a thread in the Lua forum here. If you want to get started on your entries now, there’s nothing really stopping you apart from the lack of a Fretta SDK – but if you’re smart enough to do some digging I’m sure you can get a headstart.

Links,
Draft of the contest page.
http://frettacontest.facepunchstudios.com/
Lua forum.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=840591
Digging.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=763878

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1386 on: November 11, 2009, 09:26:01 AM »

How about some achievements?
http://code.google.com/p/gmodsachievements/

If I do something with this, it would take the form of a separate module servers could add that would hook into TTT to handle the achievements, so TTT will never require external stuff not shipped with Gmod.

Feel free to post a thread for achievement ideas. With TTT I work on things I find interesting, so interesting achievement ideas will be beneficial if you want them added.

Fretta contest. Infos.

I believe I can make a version of TTT that is compatible with Fretta in a very short period of time, so I'll look at the Fretta stuff when it's released (I prefer to keep my gmod standard rather than using the SVN Fretta version, to avoid weird compatibility bugs in TTT).

It's good news that there's nothing in the rules that would prevent TTT from entering.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1387 on: November 11, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »

I can't seem to pick up C4 anymore after disarming it.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1388 on: November 11, 2009, 06:12:24 PM »

The pickup button works fine for me when I test it (on all types of servers).
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1389 on: November 11, 2009, 07:45:30 PM »

Wierd, I've had it happen a few times where it simply won't get up off the ground, the only thing I can think of is at the time I had the Radar bought as well, maybe that confused it?

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1390 on: November 11, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »

Ah, found it, that was indeed preventing it. It should give you a message in the top right about that though. Fixed now anyway.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1391 on: November 11, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »

To reiterate my suggestion made to tGB in-game:

I think that if you are in ironsights mode and get shot, you should automatically fire a round or two in the direction you are pointing at. That way, you can point your gun at a guy and he can't just shoot you in the head and get off without a scratch.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1392 on: November 11, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »

To reiterate my suggestion made to tGB in-game:

I think that if you are in ironsights mode and get shot, you should automatically fire a round or two in the direction you are pointing at. That way, you can point your gun at a guy and he can't just shoot you in the head and get off without a scratch.

I like this idea. Although each gun would have to be modified, example why is because if you have a shotgun and they have a shotgun and you're both iron sighting each other and pointing at each others heads then you'll both die if one of you get shot. I think each weapon depending on where you're pointing at a persons body and what weapon you're using should determine X amount of damage that has a limit.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1393 on: November 11, 2009, 09:26:14 PM »

I forgot the game had ironsites.

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1394 on: November 11, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »

I imagine it wouldn't happen when you get headshotted. I'd also reduce speed while ironsighted to lower the appeal of ironsighting 100% of the time.

I think it's worth trying out. Can always make it more complex if it turns out to work badly (eg. random chance of it happening instead of always).
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1395 on: November 11, 2009, 09:55:50 PM »

Suggestion:
Go to walk mode when using iron sights on guns so you know when someone is trying to snipe/shoot you.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #1396 on: November 11, 2009, 11:07:12 PM »

How are you going to handle this:

- Say, there are lots of people in the room looking at each other ironsighted. You shoot a guy that is not pointing a gun at you. This guy points a gun at 3rd guy. 3rd guy is pointing a gun at 4th guy etc etc. Once you start shooting your victim they all automatically start shooting at each other resulting in everyone being dead. Then angry players are pissed off and a few people get banned for "rdming".

- A group of people is standing somewhere outdoors, pointing a gun at each other. You hide in bushes, took out silenced pistol, shoot a guy that doesn't look at you, they all die because of automatic fire, the last one  who survived this will obviously killed later since he looks like a traitor.

I beleive that's player's fault if his reaction is not fast enough or he got himself into such situation where he can be easily shot without killer being seen by others.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:08:45 PM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #1397 on: November 11, 2009, 11:42:31 PM »

I think it's a neat idea, fortunately I doubt it'd be as powerful as Notary detailed. It would add just a bit more confusion to a situation some of the time, and I believe it was proposed only if ironsights are being used.

I think ironsights would have to actually be useful on more guns for this idea to work. As it is I only ironsight the scout and m16, it adds not advantage in anyway oto any other gun so far as I know.

I liked the idea of forcing a player into a walk if they ironsight, and then maybe upping the accuracy slightly.

that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1398 on: November 11, 2009, 11:46:52 PM »

How are you going to handle this:

- Say, there are lots of people in the room looking at each other ironsighted. You shoot a guy that is not pointing a gun at you. This guy points a gun at 3rd guy. 3rd guy is pointing a gun at 4th guy etc etc. Once you start shooting your victim they all automatically start shooting at each other resulting in everyone being dead. Then angry players are pissed off and a few people get banned for "rdming".

- A group of people is standing somewhere outdoors, pointing a gun at each other. You hide in bushes, took out silenced pistol, shoot a guy that doesn't look at you, they all die because of automatic fire, the last one  who survived this will obviously killed later since he looks like a traitor.

I beleive that's player's fault if his reaction is not fast enough or he got himself into such situation where he can be easily shot without killer being seen by others.

Wait, what? All I said is that if someone was ironsighting they would be forced to walk.
EDIT: I now see that statement was directed towards milo.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:29:17 AM by that guy »

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1399 on: November 12, 2009, 01:03:55 AM »

It's not really the ironsights being useful that I was suggesting, it was simply the creation of a mode where you autofire on death.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length