Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:57:26 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700627 times)
mysquirrel
Poster

VIDEO GAMES MADE ME DO IT

« Reply #1340 on: November 06, 2009, 06:43:50 PM »

If A person is stupid enough to let that happen. They deserver it.

First one to place a C4 on worbat and post a Screenshot about it wins a free Internet!

I AM THE DEV SUMMONER

My fingers are itching to reward you with a ban for reporting this.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1341 on: November 06, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »

First one to place a C4 on worbat and post a Screenshot about it wins a free Internet!

I could defiantly Place a C4 on Worbat and post a screen shot talking "About it".
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1342 on: November 06, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »

Are physics just bugged on alters server or something? I haven't changed anything about the magneto in quite a while.

Was on TDR servers.
Malignis
Poster

« Reply #1343 on: November 06, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »

Not sure if this was posted here yet but it was on the TDR forums and I decided to post it here as an idea for you.

Original Idea by Midnight:

"You know what sucks? Getting killed by a fellow innocent. You know what really sucks? RDMers. Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of system to stop this? Well I think I have hit the jack pot. What about a karma system where the more innocents you kill as an innocent makes you more susceptible to damage. Not by too much since this would carry between rounds but enough so that constant mistakes would leave you at a disadvantage. However when you kill a traitor your susceptibility decreases, allowing you to take more damage. Each traitor killed is equal to say 5 innocents killed. Also when your a traitor your susceptibility is reset for that round only. Since the system relies on damage there would be no way to know who is a traitor or not. I mean if someone shot you just to check if you were a traitor you would have grounds to shoot them back. So what do you think?"

Sounds like a good idea to me although it sounds like it would be a bitch if not impossible to code, but what do I know about coding anyway? I'm no coder.

Just thought I would post this here for you guys to mull over, or roll over if it turns out it's a horrible idea.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1344 on: November 06, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »

Oh God, no. Traitors shouldn't have to pump 30 shots into someone just because they killed a few traitors, just like an innocent shouldn't die from a pistol shot to the foot just because they suck at TTT.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #1345 on: November 07, 2009, 12:09:03 AM »

Oh God, no. Traitors shouldn't have to pump 30 shots into someone just because they killed a few traitors, just like an innocent shouldn't die from a pistol shot to the foot just because they suck at TTT.

hes not saying increaseing health. he saying that if you kill a traitor you get moved back closer to 100 health but never going over it. it would keep people from killing random people because they would be easier to kill after they kill too many innocents.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1346 on: November 07, 2009, 01:50:26 AM »

Oh allright, but when (not if, when) people find a way to somehow stick it in their own character model's ass, I'm going to blame you and all the other people who asked for this feature.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
MidKnight
Poster

« Reply #1347 on: November 07, 2009, 02:59:38 AM »

Later on I mentioned that you can not gain resistance from traitor kills. You could only gain back what you lost from your innocent kills. The whole idea is that constant mistakes would leave you at a slight disadvantage. I also went on to state that if possible it could be implemented to track people's overall resistance percentage on that server. However the percentage drop would be very minute. Every innocent killed as an innocent would lower your resistance to damage by 0.001 and every traitor killed would gain back 0.001 percent. You could never go above the baseline resistance level. So the highest resistance you could have would be 0 and it would go down with every innocent killed. It would obviously be negated when your a traitor. The best part is that it is something that people can't check. I mean if someone runs around shooting people just to check if they are a traitor I am sure not alot of people would put up with it.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #1348 on: November 07, 2009, 03:45:52 AM »

That makes more sense, but I still don't like it.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1349 on: November 07, 2009, 04:04:22 AM »

Killing someone by pushing them off a cliff with a combobulator doesn't credit you with the kill.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1350 on: November 07, 2009, 04:50:33 AM »

You can also carry a discombobulator along with an incen, or smoke grenade.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
MidKnight
Poster

« Reply #1351 on: November 07, 2009, 08:08:35 AM »

That makes more sense, but I still don't like it.
Mind explaining?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1352 on: November 07, 2009, 08:43:09 AM »

Killing someone by pushing them off a cliff with a combobulator doesn't credit you with the kill.

Noted.

You can also carry a discombobulator along with an incen, or smoke grenade.

Gah, I keep forgetting to add new weapons to the thing that prevents this.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #1353 on: November 07, 2009, 03:22:18 PM »

Mind explaining?

I just hate the concept of making some people weaker...that doesn't combat RDMing, it just punishes legitimate players who killed the wrong person. RDMers will RDM; what, will they go "OH MY GOD NOW I'M WEAKER? WELL I GUESS I'LL JUST PLAY THE GAME NOW"?

Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1354 on: November 07, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »

You know what usually solves the RDM problem? Competent admins. Lets leave it alone, 'kay?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1355 on: November 08, 2009, 10:33:12 AM »

I'm not sure adding two new weapons in around two days properly communicates "slower update schedule" but there you have it:

- Added Poltergeist, a new traitor weapon:
 * Uses super advanced alien technology to teleport a "thumper" onto a moveable object/prop.
 * Thumpers will grossly violate the laws of physics by violently pushing the object they're attached to several times. Even very heavy objects. In fact, they're most effective on those.
 * Because people without brains don't know which objects are moveable and which ones aren't, the weapon paints the target with a red beam that turns green if the object is a valid target. Only the person carrying the weapon can see this beam.
 * The Poltergeist can fire 5 thumpers, with a 30 second delay in between. The weapon projects a holographic meter of that 30s recharge process so you know when you can use it again. It also has a limited range, with the beam turning yellow if the target is too far. An object can have only one thumper attached at any point.

- Added C4 wall sticking using alt fire (right mouse).

- Fixed Discomb. pushing kills not being attributed to the thrower

- Fixed Discomb. not filling the grenade slot, ie. being carryable with other nades.

- Fix to prevent throwing knife through wall when right up to it.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v081109b
(edit: link updated from v081109 with fix for Lua error in discomb. grenade)

SECRET AFTER-THE-LINK TIP: when someone barricades themselves in that office room near the spawn in thething using the large, heavy green cabinets, fire a thumper onto one. HEH.

And one known "issue": physics objects that have been motion disabled by the mapper (they're pretty rare, zm_downtown has some) will show a green poltergeist beam, even though you cannot plant thumpers on them. This is not fixable, but does not affect anything except the beam colour. It won't eat your ammo if you try to plant one on it or something, it just won't do anything, like when you try to plant on a wall.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:10:43 PM by theGreenBunny »
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1356 on: November 08, 2009, 01:49:24 PM »

Awsome, Very awsome update GG TGB.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1357 on: November 08, 2009, 02:45:07 PM »

I read poltergeist and I thought "oh hey the dead guys have something to do now" but then I realized that they don't.

It's a super cool update anyway though.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1358 on: November 08, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »

Ooh thats some awesome stuff.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1359 on: November 08, 2009, 06:40:02 PM »

Suggestion: Silenced sniper traitor equipment
I think that traitors need a mid long range weapon so then I thought a silenced sniper it would be considerably weaker then the normal scout and it's acuracy would not be as much as the normal scout but it would still one hit kill for the head but only do like 20 dmg for the rest of the body it would cost 2 credits so it wouldnt be over powered and the sound would be just as loud as the silenced pistol.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length