Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:33:27 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702273 times)
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1300 on: November 03, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »

Something I noticed is that your Spectator/Living player mute setting stays between rounds but the notification in the lower right hand corner does not. So if you mute the living one round, the next they stay muted but you can't tell.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1301 on: November 03, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but from what I have heard, though not experienced, you can push multiple people with one crowbar push.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1302 on: November 03, 2009, 10:43:29 PM »

Something I noticed is that your Spectator/Living player mute setting stays between rounds but the notification in the lower right hand corner does not. So if you mute the living one round, the next they stay muted but you can't tell.

Noted.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but from what I have heard, though not experienced, you can push multiple people with one crowbar push.

That is only possible if you push one person into another one (or Source says you're doing so). The attack will only ever apply the pushing force to one player.

I've also heard of a glitch where pushing a player in a specific situation when he's sitting on top of you propels him upward at high speed. That kind of thing I'm not particularly interested in because it does not have a significant impact on the game (especially when the victim has to cooperate).
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1303 on: November 04, 2009, 02:41:56 AM »

If someone jumps and you crowbar push them they go flying pretty far and decently high. I did it by accident once.

Was the maximum traitor count changed to 3, or was it always? Cause i swear it was four.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1304 on: November 04, 2009, 04:57:03 AM »

I quite like the pressure grenade idea. Making it a normal weapon means innocent might just grab them, which for a lategame weapon is not ideal. Perhaps also have a traitor weapon version that pushes more.
The whole idea is that it's a luxury just in case everyone's out of C4 at the end, not anything surefire. When you make it a traitor weapon, the original goal (have something laying around for everyone to use that's anti-camper) is kind of eliminated.

Besides, like I mentioned, these weapons are useful for innocents too. They're not unlike all the other nades, in terms of usefulness for both sides (very for traitors, minimal for innocents). And judging from the amount of incendiaries traitors throw at that last camper, I doubt supply will be a major concern.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1305 on: November 04, 2009, 07:03:39 AM »

If someone jumps and you crowbar push them they go flying pretty far and decently high. I did it by accident once.

Was the maximum traitor count changed to 3, or was it always? Cause i swear it was four.

It was taken from 25% of all connected users to 23% of all connected users, and it rounds down. You can ask the server owner to alter it, if you really want to.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1306 on: November 04, 2009, 08:28:32 AM »

I suppose it's up to the mapper to supply sufficient grenades if his map has areas players can barricade.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1307 on: November 04, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

Posted on garrys blog.
I’ve been thinking about Fretta lately, and how to ship it with GMod.

I don’t think we’ve reached the point where we have enough nice, mature gamemodes to ship with Fretta yet. It doesn’t seem like it should ship without any gamemodes. It would kind of go against the point.

So I was thinking of having a gamemode contest, with the top 5 winning $1000 each and their gamemode shipping with GMod (possibly with Steam Achievements).

I’ve resisted this idea for a long time, since I always figured you should reward instead of offering incentives. But since I haven’t been very good at rewarding the community for their contributions to GMod – this seems like the way to go.

So what do y’all think? Is this a good idea? The absolute worst case scenario I can imagine is that we will end up with 5 submissions and they will all be shit and the idea will have to be abandoned. Can we do better than that?

Might be worth looking into, tgb?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1308 on: November 04, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »

I don't think TTT fits the Fretta format of quick random play. And how would map selection work, for example? Perhaps there's a way to run a Fretta gamemode exactly like a "normal" gamemode, I don't really know.

If he goes through with it I'll at least look into the work required to make it a Fretta gamemode. Purely because it might be financially interesting.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1309 on: November 04, 2009, 10:26:51 AM »

I don't know if he means, game modes to go into fretta or gamemodes, example fretta, I want so more to ship with gmod though.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:29:52 AM by worbat »

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1310 on: November 04, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »

If it's even slightly possible, do it. $1000 is nothing to scoff at and TTT is definitely a worthy game mode.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:37:30 PM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1311 on: November 04, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »

If it's at all possible to ship TTT without skinning it down, I'd enter it. I think you could make it so after people select the TTT gamemode, they would then pick a map. I think that's how most Fretta modes work to begin with.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1312 on: November 04, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »

If it's even slightly possible, do it. $1000 is nothing to scoff at and TTT is definitely a worthy game mode.

tGB is a worthy coder, in my opinion.
So far he has made or helped make 2 very good games.
He definitely deservers something for his troubles.

If it does happen, he should diffinetly enter.

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1313 on: November 04, 2009, 04:44:57 PM »

I've tested a bit with physics stuff versus barricades, and I get the impression that in order to break a decent barricade (ie. one that contains very heavy objects moved using the carry weapon trick) is practically undoable with one explosion or series of explosions (even with some physics pulling effects to try and dislodge things). When heavy stuff is piled on each other it's hard to get them moving again in Source. You need a long-term force (eg. gravity gun pull) to do so reliably.

A grenade that just disintegrates physprops in a radius around it would be way more effective, but might be too exploitable (on map objective items, etc).
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1314 on: November 04, 2009, 04:48:46 PM »

Perhaps make a traitor equipment that is basically a thrice-use gravity gun?

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1315 on: November 04, 2009, 04:55:50 PM »

To destroy a cade, pick up a small item and mash it into the barricade. Job done.

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1316 on: November 04, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »

In that vein, how about a grenade that when it goes off turns into a high-mass object that randomly flies around in a small radius around where it "exploded", pushing around any objects there (and as a side effect probably killing anyone it hits). It's a bit hard to explain how I see this. Basically what would happen if you did what worbat said, but better, faster, stronger, and with more sparkles.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1317 on: November 04, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »

And it leaves cake afterwards? As a prize!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:49:26 PM by worbat »

my god
SlayerCake
Poster

VerbCake

« Reply #1318 on: November 04, 2009, 07:50:31 PM »

And it leaves cake afterwards? As a prize!

Hey! I am more than just some "prize" to be randomly picked up!

<br />Mysquirrel the storm and power outage were in real life<br />
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1319 on: November 05, 2009, 12:21:45 AM »

Found a C4 Bug and I'd figure i'd make this "Guide" to disarm ANY c4 anywhere with about 30sec if you have it left.

The C4 Bug i came across is the ability to pick up a C4 While the clock on it is ticking. Thus creating a moving C4 that will explode wherever the C4 Is being taken. Now if you take out a C4 and drop it then once its on the Floor press E and right after the E is pressed quickly pick it up with the magneto stick. If done right you should see the magneto stick doing its "Attack Motion" to pick it up while the "C4 Menu" pops up. Arm it and WA-LAH you have a armed C4 moving with your magneto stick.

The next is a little trick (Im not sure if everyone knows) to disarming a C4. I recently discovered that if you press the correct number in the correct spot it shows in the C4 Menu that only THAT number was correct. Im going to use an example. [] Represents Space (Nothing).

Lets say that 714 is the Arming Code. So lets start. You must do this fast and quickly to get the most use out of it. So do this.

First hit 0 3 times, this results in typing "000" as the code, Click disarm. Nothing happens and no numbers show up at the bottom. Big deal. Now lets do "111". Disarm. Nothing happens BUT now you have this at the bottom of the C4 Menu screen []1[] so now you know that the number in the middle is 1. Now lets do "333". Disarm. Nothing. Go to 4. Type in "444" and disarm. Nothing happens but now you see []14 so you know the code ends in 14. Keep doing this over and over till you get all 3 numbers. So we keep spamming all these numbers untill we get to "777". Disarm. Nothing happens but at the bottom you will see 714. Type in the code "714" and BAM disarm.

Also a suggestion for the "Switch through Mute Living / Mute Spectators" how about we set it to a multi bind feature or w/e? Example: Alt + Z = Mute Living / Alt + X = Mute Spec / Alt +C = Mute All. I know for sure I'd love the Mute All feature because i occasionally am talking to a friend of mine from another game on Vent and its annoying when there are 5-6 people always talking at a time yelling over eachother.

I moved these posts over just incase TGB didnt see them.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length