Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:48:20 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699980 times)
bat sauce
Poster

« Reply #1240 on: October 30, 2009, 09:34:39 AM »

Protip.

Don't use the pistol for head shots then.

What am I supposed to use it for? Comic relief?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1241 on: October 30, 2009, 09:34:49 AM »

The pistol kills a fully healthy person in two headshots (in practice one headshot + bodyshots are probably a better tactic). A problem with headshots is that the head is a small target, and all lag issues one always has to some extent in Source games get very obvious.

The reason I don't want to make the pistol kill on a single headshot is that it would become overpowered compared to the deagle, as it has a faster firing rate and larger clip. I could reduce those things, obviously, but then we'd have two deagles with different models. As it is, their DPS on body shots is identical, and the pistol can be quite useful as a last resort for innocents. Less so for traitors, but they can get the silenced pistol or deagle.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1242 on: October 30, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »

Just shoot the head then the body. Frankly, in terms of guns, the pistol is and should be the weakest weapon in the game. Bitch about it not being good enough and you're an idiot.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1243 on: October 30, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »

Some bugfixes for the traitor menu:

- Fixed error that could occur when opening the traitor menu in certain circumstances, making it unusable.

- Prevented traitor menu from opening multiple times. Not that it was useful to do so, but there you go.

- Made "Radar" tab only show up if you have the radar item.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v301009
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1244 on: October 30, 2009, 04:15:41 PM »

I only use the Pistol for when my Primary runs out and I can't reload. Or if I need to finish some guy, or just look unimposing.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1245 on: October 30, 2009, 05:37:01 PM »

Some bugfixes for the traitor menu:

- Fixed error that could occur when opening the traitor menu in certain circumstances, making it unusable.

- Prevented traitor menu from opening multiple times. Not that it was useful to do so, but there you go.

- Made "Radar" tab only show up if you have the radar item.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v301009

Love you.
Nuke333
Poster

Nuke here now

« Reply #1246 on: October 31, 2009, 01:33:34 AM »

I would like to toss a idea out there.

How about add somthing that would allow people to unload gun and keep the ammo for themself
Rawket
Poster

« Reply #1247 on: October 31, 2009, 02:33:33 AM »

What the FUCK. Whoever made the pistol take FOUR FUCKING HEADSHOTS to kill should not be allowed to reproduce. I was just traitor, a guy came up to me UNARMED, stood still, and I shot him in the head three times, and he whipped out his HUGE249 and killed me. THREE FUCKING BULLETS IN HIS HEAD. BLOOD FOR EACH ONE, AND HIS HEALTH DECREASED WITH EACH SHOT. WHY DID HE NOT DIE?

First of all, you only hit me twice and missed the other 2 shots before I killed you. Second, don't try to take on someone with a HUGE unless you got a shotgun. A pistol is a terrible weapon to use as a traitor.
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #1248 on: October 31, 2009, 04:08:08 PM »

How about add somthing that would allow people to unload gun and keep the ammo for themself

what would be the point? so someone down the line picks up an empty gun?
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #1249 on: October 31, 2009, 05:25:19 PM »

what would be the point? so someone down the line picks up an empty gun?
Because someone needs ammo?

Signature Pending...
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1250 on: October 31, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »

Maybe this was just a one time thing but.
I was traitor and died, then i saw the c4 indicator thing after it went off and it never went away.

And is the range for identifying bodies decreased?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1251 on: October 31, 2009, 07:16:54 PM »

Maybe this was just a one time thing but.
I was traitor and died, then i saw the c4 indicator thing after it went off and it never went away.

And is the range for identifying bodies decreased?

Any C4 indicators should always go away at the start of a new round. For next version I'll also clear them as soon as you die.

The body search range has not changed.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1252 on: October 31, 2009, 07:19:25 PM »

A bug I've found. If you have the pistol and the m16. If you pick up ammo for one or the other (they share ammo) and drop, say the pistol. Your 60 bullets are gone for the m16, unless you re-pickup the pistol, and keep it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1253 on: October 31, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »

Hmm, that can be prevented. Added to my list.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1254 on: October 31, 2009, 09:57:31 PM »

Would adding the countdown time to traitor's HUD/world c4 icons be too much? Just curious.

Anyways, funny bug, a c4 exploded today on district and didn't turn off, just kept exploding and random intervals of 0 to 1 seconds (as per usual). Reset when round was over and out eardrums were well bled.

Spawned a knife and I didn't get it today. Was standing inside floating pile of ammo with no weapons to speak of.

ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1255 on: October 31, 2009, 10:02:32 PM »

Would adding the countdown time to traitor's HUD/world c4 icons be too much? Just curious.

Anyways, funny bug, a c4 exploded today on district and didn't turn off, just kept exploding and random intervals of 0 to 1 seconds (as per usual). Reset when round was over and out eardrums were well bled.

Spawned a knife and I didn't get it today. Was standing inside floating pile of ammo with no weapons to speak of.

That wasnt C4. It was explosive barrels constantly exploding because that radius was like... very small.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1256 on: October 31, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

Should be pretty easy to add.

From ball2hi's comment I'd say it was probably the later bits of explodey fire rather than the main C4 explosion. Which makes sense because the main explosion has some error handling to prevent this, and it looks like the bits of fire don't have that yet.

Remember when sometimes you'd get spawned without starting weapons? Most likely the same cause of the weapon not "fitting" at the player's location according to Source. I'll see if I can do something there, although I'm not sure if I can test if it works due to the semi-randomness of it.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1257 on: October 31, 2009, 10:21:29 PM »

That wasnt C4. It was explosive barrels constantly exploding because that radius was like... very small.
No. The multiple explosions actually gave out no damage at all, just like the explosions that occur after a regular c4 explosion. It was not barrel related by any stretch of the imagination.

True, though, the fire was there constantly.

Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1258 on: October 31, 2009, 10:22:42 PM »

I swear the identifying body range is smaller.

I remember this happening one time on thething, the c4 just kept exploding until a new round, and there was no damage from it.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1259 on: October 31, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »

No. The multiple explosions actually gave out no damage at all, just like the explosions that occur after a regular c4 explosion. It was not barrel related by any stretch of the imagination.

True, though, the fire was there constantly.

Ah very well. That would explain it also since its the lesser explosions.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length