Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:38:03 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702351 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1280 on: November 02, 2009, 11:17:25 AM »

Minor updates:

- Made ammo not drop with the gun when you carry other guns that use that same ammo.

- Added time until detonation to the C4 HUD indicator that traitors see.

- Added extra mute state for spectators where all other spectators are muted and living players are not. You can cycle using the walk key (ALT) between muting spectators, muting living players, and muting none.

- Made any keypress close the search window, rather than just WASD and co. The F5 key is an exception, it will make a screenshot instead.

- Added error handling for when a piece of burning shrapnel (as created by C4) glitches out when it explodes. This should prevent the spam of explosion sounds on the rare occasion that such a glitch happens.

- Fixed that when a traitor is in a specific map location Source is not happy about (these are rare), traitor weapons he buys are not properly given. It will now attempt to give them in a different way rather than silently failing.

- Fixed C4/radar indicators showing after death (and sometimes not going away).

Trouble in Terrorist Town v021109
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1281 on: November 02, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »

CSS has maps built in. With that cool feature that shows where people have been.

That could be quite nifty for a traitor to have, all the time, press M and the map appears showing where the other traitors are. Also maybe allow you to put markers on the map for the other traitors to see. "barricade here" ect. Allowing traitors without mics not spend 10 years standing still to typing out where stuff is, and getting caught.
I don't know if it is possible to do, and someone would have to make the maps as well...

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1282 on: November 02, 2009, 12:55:31 PM »

It'd be several cubic tons of work to get that in place.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1283 on: November 02, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »

I dunno, would it?
The code is all there, but it's not in lua, (I presume) I'm no coding genius so I have no idea if that would be a huge problem.

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1284 on: November 02, 2009, 01:30:44 PM »

There's a pretty advanced GMod minimap thing someone made that automatically generates it based on the map as it is (including props and stuff) instead of just putting player locations on a pre-rendered image. It's impressive, but rather computationally intensive, ant it would presumably bring weaker computers to their knees. Don't remember what it was called.

Anyway, the idea of a minimap in TTT doesn't really appeal to me.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1285 on: November 02, 2009, 01:34:55 PM »

It wouldn't be a minimap, the only way you could bring it up was as a weapon, looks like a gun though.
But if it kills lower spec pcs, I guess it wont happen.

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1286 on: November 02, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »

Meh.

Anyways, I still really think a countdown until next scan is rather needed for the radar. When you're waiting somewhere for a scan to make your next move, how much time it'll be before you can see exactly where everyone is is crucial. While you can take a guess based on the fading of the circles, you could also just get a timer and time it. In other words, by adding a countdown to the radar menu (or HUD, perhaps), you're making things better, just less annoying. I can't imagine it would be too hard to code either.

While I'm at it, the choice of colours for the radar icons seems odd. While technically innocents are your enemies, and red is an "enemy colour", I still think of traitors as the "red team" and innocents as the "green team". It's pretty obvious to figure out what is what in-game, so it's not necessary, but just food for thought. (Side note: if you do change the colour to red circles, you may want to make the circle that shows up when you look at a traitor red too).

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1287 on: November 02, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »

I agree about the colours, they are the way they are because the target ID traitor indicator is green. The problem with making that indicator red is that that colour has some "this is your target and you should kill it" connotations from other games, at least when you are new to TTT. Green is more "this guy is friendly." Of course once you've played more you come to associate innocents with green and traitors with red.

Perhaps a middle ground is making the target ID indicator yellow, and switch the radar colours.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1288 on: November 02, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »

Custom radar colours solve all these problems.

my god
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1289 on: November 02, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »

This morning I was on Island.

Guy One is laying dead on the floor, of a deagle shot. Guy Two switches from Deagle to Scout and stands on the handrail looking downwards. *shove*

Guy Three saw me murder Guy Two, and opens fire. I flee in terror screaming "OH GOD HE'S SHOOTING ME HELP HELP HELP" and run into Guys Four-Seven at the bottom of the stairs. I hop over their heads and then Guy Three, who is screaming "SHADOW IS KILLER" runs into them, firing crazily. When the smoke clears, three more people have died and I have escaped into the tunnels. I head back onto the mainland to find a gun, and Guy Three shoots me. Then the traitor stabs him.

Long story short, there were eight people on the server and five of them died to innocents because Guy One decided to try to shoot Guy Two (and ended up losing the gunfight).

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1290 on: November 02, 2009, 11:27:25 PM »

CSS has maps built in. With that cool feature that shows where people have been.

That could be quite nifty for a traitor to have, all the time, press M and the map appears showing where WORDS WORDS WORDS

Silverlan, maker of the Half-life: renaissance for gmod, made something like that for this gamemode. The gamemode is currently not being devolved and I'm not sure if you'll see him use it in the video. But basically it just brings up a screen of the map and shows where the player is in relation.

I have no idea how he did it, seeing how hes a lua coding guru.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1291 on: November 03, 2009, 12:18:48 AM »

I agree about the colours, they are the way they are because the target ID traitor indicator is green. The problem with making that indicator red is that that colour has some "this is your target and you should kill it" connotations from other games, at least when you are new to TTT. Green is more "this guy is friendly." Of course once you've played more you come to associate innocents with green and traitors with red.

Perhaps a middle ground is making the target ID indicator yellow, and switch the radar colours.
Perhaps instead of making a coloured circle when you look at a friendly traitor, have red text saying "Friendly Traitor". If you're gotta stick with the circle, I would suggest taking red over all else. While it does give some "kill" connotations, plays also identify that their HUD has a red "TRAITOR" on it and their crosshair is red. Basically, if they still attack someone on sight for a red ring showing up without taking at least two seconds of this waiting game to check things out, I think the person is going to cause more problems than just that.

JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1292 on: November 03, 2009, 02:36:25 AM »

Weapon Suggestion:

Pressure Grenade. The nade would within it's range push people away. Could be used to slightly throw people off guard before charing a room, or for blasting people off of precarious positions. Not sure if it should include both vertical AND lateral force as this would let you blast people upward if you stood on it. Might be neat and could have some fun uses.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #1293 on: November 03, 2009, 03:34:26 AM »

It could also be used to knock barricades away

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1294 on: November 03, 2009, 04:07:54 AM »

I think we've found our anti-camper weapon.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1295 on: November 03, 2009, 05:27:06 AM »

Weapon Suggestion:

Pressure Grenade. The nade would within it's range push people away. Could be used to slightly throw people off guard before charing a room, or for blasting people off of precarious positions. Not sure if it should include both vertical AND lateral force as this would let you blast people upward if you stood on it. Might be neat and could have some fun uses.
As an added feature, have the explosion kick your screen (similar to the C4). One thing's for sure, if I'm barely out of range when c4 goes off, I'm disoriented as fuck.

ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1296 on: November 03, 2009, 06:15:57 AM »

As an added feature, have the explosion kick your screen (similar to the C4). One thing's for sure, if I'm barely out of range when c4 goes off, I'm disoriented as fuck.

Make it a traitor only weapon. Unlimited ammo but has a 15sec cooldown (Might want to increase it.) It can be a normal gernade in which you throw and will explode after X seconds.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1297 on: November 03, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »

The point is that it's not traitor-only, so at the endgame when there's 1 innocent left boarded up and the traitors have spent their equipment, they can go find one to aid them.

Also, it would be nice to use it when you're puppeteering innocents into killing a boarded up person, or if you're innocent and want to non-lethally escape, or you're innocent and you want to burst out of the barricade and attack.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1298 on: November 03, 2009, 03:19:43 PM »

I should mention that I probably won't be doing big updates on TTT for a while (the past 2-3 were small ones), at least certainly not at the rate you might be used to.

I quite like the pressure grenade idea. Making it a normal weapon means innocent might just grab them, which for a lategame weapon is not ideal. Perhaps also have a traitor weapon version that pushes more.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1299 on: November 03, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »

I should mention that I probably won't be doing big updates on TTT for a while (the past 2-3 were small ones), at least certainly not at the rate you might be used to.

I quite like the pressure grenade idea. Making it a normal weapon means innocent might just grab them, which for a lategame weapon is not ideal. Perhaps also have a traitor weapon version that pushes more.

This is an intelligent compromise.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length