Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:49:26 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700064 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1220 on: October 29, 2009, 07:31:44 AM »

Can we up the crowbar headshot damage?

I got tapped on the foot. and taken down to 67 hp in one hit. Yet headshots still take 5 minimum to kill.

I think I should explain that headshots are not handled by using a special "headshot damage" value. It just multiplies the normal damage. For the crowbar, the multiplier is the default of 3x. Clearly, those 5 hits were not all hits.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1221 on: October 29, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »

Lousy hitboxes.
*grumble*

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1222 on: October 29, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »

Hey remember that whole shotgun business where you could still one-hit a guy from across the room due to spread randomness? I'm beginning to feel the same for mac10s at the long range. I had a rifle and some guy poking out the window of the top floor of the apartments of downtown killed me with a mac10 in less than a second due to getting 3 or 4 consecutive headshots. I realize this isn't an outstanding problem, but it may be in best interests to introduce falloff headshot multiplier damage.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1223 on: October 29, 2009, 12:21:39 PM »

Look, this is getting a bit too much "I was killed with weapon X in a way that did not fill me with joy, please nerf it." If he managed that with the MAC10 he aimed well, controlled his recoil well, and had a bit of luck. With the shotgun, you didn't really need to do any of these to get headshots at range.
Pastor
Build Tester

Bewildering Transvestite Wasteland

« Reply #1224 on: October 29, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »

Maybe if ajunk stop being so damm french and surrendering so quickly at the mac10, he wont say its overpowered

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1225 on: October 29, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »

Look, this is getting a bit too much "I was killed with weapon X in a way that did not fill me with joy, please nerf it." If he managed that with the MAC10 he aimed well, controlled his recoil well, and had a bit of luck. With the shotgun, you didn't really need to do any of these to get headshots at range.
I realize the problem and I apologize for contributing to it. I also realize that, unlike the shotgun, this doesn't happen regularly. And although I can not properly convey to situation to you well enough for you to understand this this did not happen legitimately (be it luck or shady business), I won't pursue any further.

It's just irksome to be killed instantly at long range by someone who whips around and holds down mouse1.

Maybe if ajunk stop being so damm french and surrendering so quickly at the mac10, he wont say its overpowered
Maybe if you weren't so eastern european your mic might form coherent words.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1226 on: October 29, 2009, 04:25:54 PM »

Here is the "NO GIMMICKS BECAUSE I NEED TO EXPLAIN THINGS" update:

- Made traitor equipment work by a credit system:
 * Every piece of equipment you order costs 1 credit.
 * By default you start out with 1 credit.
 * If the traitor side manages to kill 50% of the innocents, all traitors receive 1 extra credit to spend.
 * The percentage is only checked when an innocent dies, so if one disconnects and that puts the traitors over 50% that won't have any effect until their next kill.
 * You can't buy what you already have, ie. no 2 body armors. One armor and one radar is fine.
 * Because you cannot carry more than one equipment-type weapon, you cannot order one if you carry one. You'll have to drop it to buy a new one (or to buy an extra for a buddy).

- The traitor menu has been updated to be informative about the above.

- The following convars exist to customize the system:
 * ttt_credits_starting (def. 1): Number of credits traitors get at the start of the round.
 * ttt_credits_award_pct (def. 0.5): Percentage of innocents that must be dead to receive a credit award.
 * ttt_credits_award_size (def. 1): Number of credits awarded when the above happens. Set this to 0 to disable the award completely.
 * ttt_credits_award_repeat (def. 0, ie. off): If enabled, allows credits to be awarded multiple times. So if you set the percentage to 0.25, traitors get awarded the bonus at 25% killed, at 50% and at 75% (technically at 100 as well).

- Made M16 slightly more accurate, and made MAC10 slightly less accurate. The M16 is for medium range, but was less accurate than the MAC10 before this change.

- Made players who have GMod admin or superadmin status have their name coloured orange-ish in the scoreboard.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v291009

Obviously this updated changed a lot of things behind the scenes, so keep an eye out for bugs.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1227 on: October 29, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »

I like the update. Hopefully RDMers will see the orange name tag and think twice, but then again many people RDM after getting several warnings from admins.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1228 on: October 29, 2009, 07:05:38 PM »

Huzzah!

The credit system goes through!

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1229 on: October 29, 2009, 09:27:11 PM »

Credit system, lovely. Now traitors can use a radar item if those pesky traitors are camping again.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1230 on: October 29, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »

Credit system, lovely. Now traitors can use a radar item if those pesky traitors are camping again.

Nedstar teamkills.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1231 on: October 30, 2009, 02:16:41 AM »

Awesome, the traitor menu just brought me the "bad coder" achievement. I wasn't able to click anything, and the layout was pretty much fucked up.
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #1232 on: October 30, 2009, 02:17:25 AM »

Is there anything you can do to fix the abysmal Source hit detection? I was standing behind a guy on a 90 ping server. Neither of us were moving. I shot him point blank in the back of the head with a shotgun, and he didn't lose a point of health. There was blood EVERYWHERE and he still had full health.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1233 on: October 30, 2009, 02:30:35 AM »

Awesome, the traitor menu just brought me the "bad coder" achievement. I wasn't able to click anything, and the layout was pretty much fucked up.

Actually this error happened on my server too, unfortunately right as I died as a traitor and left. Forgot to get the error code.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1234 on: October 30, 2009, 05:12:51 AM »

includes/extensions/table.lua:103: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #1235 on: October 30, 2009, 08:01:49 AM »

What the FUCK. Whoever made the pistol take FOUR FUCKING HEADSHOTS to kill should not be allowed to reproduce. I was just traitor, a guy came up to me UNARMED, stood still, and I shot him in the head three times, and he whipped out his HUGE249 and killed me. THREE FUCKING BULLETS IN HIS HEAD. BLOOD FOR EACH ONE, AND HIS HEALTH DECREASED WITH EACH SHOT. WHY DID HE NOT DIE?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1236 on: October 30, 2009, 08:58:18 AM »

I believe I've found and fixed this. You did see some of the traitor menu, right?

What the FUCK. Whoever made the pistol take FOUR FUCKING HEADSHOTS to kill should not be allowed to reproduce.

I'm afraid I really don't have any intention to suffer posts like this. You're banned.
bat sauce
Poster

« Reply #1237 on: October 30, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »

I believe I've found and fixed this. You did see some of the traitor menu, right?
I'm afraid I really don't have any intention to suffer posts like this. You're banned.

I'm sorry. It seems like every round of TTT is ruined lately by some stupid Source engine crap. I overreacted. Can we forget I made that post?

I still raise a valid point, though. The pistol is a bit too weak. As a traitor, if I can manage to headshot an unarmed guy three times, I should very well be rewarded with a kill.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:23:28 AM by bat sauce »
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1238 on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »

I'm sorry. It seems like every round of TTT is ruined lately by some stupid Source engine crap. I overreacted. Can we forget I made that post?

I still raise a valid point, though. The pistol is a bit too weak. As a traitor, if I can manage to headshot an unarmed guy three times, I should very well be rewarded with a kill.

I just laughed, pretty damn hard.

EDIT-
He does make SOME kind of valid point though. A pistol headshot in real life is kind of instant death if it was done correctly, but so would every other weapon in this game lead to instant death. Unless we are trying to make this realistic i doubt the pistol will be getting a buff.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:26:30 AM by ball2hi »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1239 on: October 30, 2009, 09:28:34 AM »

Protip.

Don't use the pistol for head shots then.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length