Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:56:01 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700515 times)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1180 on: October 27, 2009, 07:13:13 PM »

Gun is good but the balance is completely destroyed on thething because of the reliance on HL2DM entities. Maker has been mysteriously absent for a long time now, very disappointing.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1181 on: October 27, 2009, 07:51:16 PM »

Fake C4.
Does everything a C4 does but explode.
Instead it makes some kinda of fatoop noise.

Could be used for herding innocents towards other C4. Or other traitors ready to shoot people as they run through a doorway.
General scare tactics.

Could be used to increase team work.

Would appear as a green C4 on the traitors Hud.
Pro tip: Set it to 10 minutes.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1182 on: October 27, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »

Oh, yeah! Traitor wood dummies and fake mac10's!!!11
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 08:06:26 PM by darkhazz »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1183 on: October 27, 2009, 08:47:27 PM »

I was just wondering tGB, but did you read my last post and what did you think about it?
I mean if you still want to look for another way.

If I understand it correctly it assumes traitors would only check a body to see the name. I think they have other reasons as well, such as checking for incriminating last words, or checking the weapon used (even if another traitor did the killing, you may not want to be seen with the same weapon).

Gun is good but the balance is completely destroyed on thething because of the reliance on HL2DM entities. Maker has been mysteriously absent for a long time now, very disappointing.

Yeah, and for HL2DM maps it's pretty much an ideal replacement because rocket launchers are rare there as well so I don't really want to change that. I guess I'll add a special hack for thething... urg.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1184 on: October 27, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »

I actually had one of these.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #1185 on: October 27, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »

If I understand it correctly it assumes traitors would only check a body to see the name. I think they have other reasons as well, such as checking for incriminating last words, or checking the weapon used (even if another traitor did the killing, you may not want to be seen with the same weapon).

You could add an option for it, because it really ruins some aspects of the game.

Say I found a dead body, and maybe I didn't even kill it. If there were a few innocents around and I was closest to the body, they would expect me to check the body. If I didn't, that would be extremely suspicious, and if I did, since it didn't notify anyone, they would know I was a traitor.

There have been many times where I shout "I found a body!" (in order to make sure people knew I didn't kill the guy, I just found him) then checked the corpse, with no message popping up. People assumed I checked it, seeing as I shouted that I found it, then know I was a traitor.

I suggest that you make it optional, or turn it off completely, because it's really annoying and obstructive to smooth gameplay.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1186 on: October 28, 2009, 12:03:56 AM »

Yeah, and for HL2DM maps it's pretty much an ideal replacement because rocket launchers are rare there as well so I don't really want to change that. I guess I'll add a special hack for thething... urg.

I've edited out the entities myself for TheThing and kept one for the H.U.G.E gun. There are several ways of doing this, stripper2 for metamod is one for example.
The edit I did with entspy was on the actual map itself which only has to be run on the server. Name changes are not needed nor will you see any incompatible errors.
I wouldn't mind releasing it in the public. Its just that I would technically upload a slightly modified file of the map and I'm not sure how some users here will handle such a thing. Of course all credits stay to the mapper.

I'll contact Notary on steam friends when I see him and ask him if he minds.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:05:32 AM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1187 on: October 28, 2009, 12:05:39 AM »

I've edited out the entities myself for TheThing and kept one for the H.U.G.E gun. There are several ways of doing this, stripper2 for metamod is one for example.
The edit I did with entspy was on the actual map itself which only has to be run on the server. Name changes are not needed nor will you see any incompatible errors.
I wouldn't mind releasing it in the public. Its just that I would technically upload a slightly modified file of the map and I'm not sure how some users here will handle such a thing.

I was going to do that but I am also lazy and rather tgb or notary did it. It works out since like you said, it doesn't need to be redownloaded as long as only entities are changed.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1188 on: October 28, 2009, 04:18:07 AM »

Could you possibly make it so that bodies are only identified after closing the information window? This would allow you to change innocents back to auto and give terrorists an excuse for taking too long.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:19:11 AM by Rotinaj »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1189 on: October 28, 2009, 08:11:24 AM »

I'm going to see if I can get the "confirm death" button to pulsate in red while a marquee of unicorns dances around it, so that people will just notice it and press it. Because seriously just pressing the damn button is the easiest solution here.

I wouldn't mind releasing it in the public. Its just that I would technically upload a slightly modified file of the map and I'm not sure how some users here will handle such a thing. Of course all credits stay to the mapper.

I would be fine with it at least. You could call it a5fix or something, though the downside is that would mean every player has to redownload it. It's fine with me either way.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1190 on: October 28, 2009, 09:56:05 AM »

Don't forget that special pack tgb.
You know the one.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1191 on: October 28, 2009, 10:44:39 AM »

I'm going to see if I can get the "confirm death" button to pulsate in red while a marquee of unicorns dances around it, so that people will just notice it and press it. Because seriously just pressing the damn button is the easiest solution here.
I would be fine with it at least. You could call it a5fix or something, though the downside is that would mean every player has to redownload it. It's fine with me either way.

The point of editing it with entspy is that it doesn't need to be redownloaded by any players, only the server needs the version.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1192 on: October 28, 2009, 11:52:03 AM »

I swear to you that making a new button for the traitors, even if it's pretty damn far out of the way (like L or F4 or NUM_0), is the best solution. That way they can choose to inspect the body without identifying it (and you could tell them what key in parenthesis under Unidentified Body) and the innocents never have to worry about forgetting or getting blown away because they took too long.

You see, because it takes too long, many players are afraid that if they check it themselves they might be killed, so they blow away the killer before looking.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:55:18 AM by Ajunk »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1193 on: October 28, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »

I realize that, but I figured it might be more polite to give it a different name. But that's not a big deal because it's a minor fix, and really not worth making people redownload the map for.

I swear to you that making a new button for the traitors, even if it's pretty damn far out of the way (like L or F4 or NUM_0), is the best solution. That way they can choose to inspect the body without identifying it (and you could tell them what key in parenthesis under Unidentified Body) and the innocents never have to worry about forgetting or getting blown away because they took too long.

You see, because it takes too long, many players are afraid that if they check it themselves they might be killed, so they blow away the killer before looking.

Because of the lack of available binds, I'd rather not make it a button. But what if walk + use (ie. alt + E, I'd prefer shift but that's chat) would do such a "covert search"? Seems like it could work.

Putting the key in the target ID text is a good idea in general.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1194 on: October 28, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »

Are you not allowed to use Num keys? Garry's mod uses those for tons of things in sandbox already.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1195 on: October 28, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »

I suppose so, though it's a bit of a pain to remap those just for TTT if you play sandbox as well. I'll keep them in mind. I like the modifier idea though, it seems fitting (because you're doing the same as plain E, but quietly). I'll see what works.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1196 on: October 28, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »

That does make sense. However, there are also a lot of people who have rebound their walk key because it's so damn useless outside of TTT. (I had it bound to noclip when I played sandbox, although it's back to walk since I only play TTT.)

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1197 on: October 28, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »

Released the edited version of TheThing

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1198 on: October 28, 2009, 03:41:47 PM »

THE ALBATROSS UPDATE:

- Added the M16, a slower machinegun for mid-range. Uses pistol ammo and does similar damage, but fires faster and has zooming ironsights. Must be placed by mappers (weapon_ttt_m16, in FGD) and is not automatically compatible with ZM maps. On HL2DM maps, will replace the combine rifle. Includes search icon and awards. The M16 rifle gets its name from the Mangy 16. This legendary band of 15 albatrosses and one piece of plastic was famed for its battle against beach-based crime in the sixties.

- Slightly increased spread of the H.U.G.E. Approximately 22937 albatrosses are estimated to be saved yearly by this change, after the rise in popularity of the H.U.G.E as albatross-hunting weapon.

- Traitors acquiring the silenced pistol get a free extra clip of ammo for it added to their supply (potentially allowing them to carry more than 60 pistol bullets). Albatrosses are considered to be the most noisy creature currently living on Mars.

- Increased C4 damage to visible targets that are outside the insta-death range. There was an unintentionally large drop in damage between the insta-death area and the rest of the radius. The Albatross Empire currently has not shown any interest in acquiring C4. They refer to their recently increased interest in plastic as being "purely culinary."

- Made searching a body normally with USE auto-confirm the death for everyone again. If you were to die in the vicinity of an albatross, it will be impossible to identify your body after roughly 7 minutes.

- Made searching a body covertly by pressing WALK+USE (alt+E) not confirm the death. Everyone can search covertly, including innocents. However, if your body is covered in a sheet of sturdy material, it will take the albatross at least 5 minutes longer to mutilate you beyond recognition.

- Made the WASD keys close the search window when pressed. Sadly you will have to release the key and press it again to actually move. The engine eats that first keypress. Albatross fact: an albatross has two feet with webbed toes. An albatross would not be capable of using the WASD keys while also maintaining a kill:death ratio of at least 1.3:1 in Counter-Strike 1.6.

- Added hint text to target ID (ie. near crosshair) when pointing at a ragdoll and C4. Albatross hint: Albatrosses should not be eaten without first heating them at a temperature above 450 degrees Celsius.

- New console commands (SQUAWK SQUAWK):
 * Added console command ttt_print_adminreport that prints the names of all players, whether they are traitor, and how many innocents and traitors they have killed that round. Only usable through RCON/server-console or by GMod SuperAdmins.

* Added command ttt_print_usergroups that prints the GMod user group of every player, for testing if they are set up correctly. See: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Player_Groups

Trouble in Terrorist Town v281009b

(This release includes a new icon texture.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:43:10 PM by theGreenBunny »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1199 on: October 28, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »

Wow another gun, I'm lovin it.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length