Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:56:39 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700562 times)
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1000 on: October 19, 2009, 11:42:28 PM »

Hey guys, so I'm playing on the main server and this guy named 'little Ninja' comes into the room I'm barricading. I tell him he has five seconds to get out. He tells me he wants to stay and and help barricade. I tell him to get out. He pulls a Mac-10, shoots at me, and I kill him.

Who was in the right?

There is a main server?

Also you, he shot first and you gave him multiple warning to leave. Good enough to kill someone in my books.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1001 on: October 19, 2009, 11:55:47 PM »

Also you, he shot first and you gave him multiple warning to leave. Good enough to kill someone in my books.

Pfft. What kind of christian are you

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1002 on: October 20, 2009, 12:08:23 AM »

Pfft. What kind of christian are you

The kind where I am not a christian.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1003 on: October 20, 2009, 12:11:08 AM »

The kind where I am not a christian.

HAVE YOU BEEN IDLENESS?

I HEAR THAT IS WHERE HERESY GROWS FROM

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1004 on: October 20, 2009, 12:13:01 AM »

Possible glitch: death by explosion can also be a headshot.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #1005 on: October 20, 2009, 02:11:57 AM »

Glitch; "xxx found the body body of yyyy"

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1006 on: October 20, 2009, 03:48:52 AM »

My concept of the radar item:
- Panel with a button to scan (probably under a tab in the traitor menu)
- Delay between scans
- After scanning, panel shows a list of people, probably listed as "innocent" or "traitor"
- Next to each entry is an arrow indicating their general direction (probably out of 8.), and a graphic indicating their estimated distance (probably out of 10, shown as a bar, maybe logarithmic)

This should be useful enough to be its own traitor item rather than default equipment. If long chases still happen a lot, traitors could get a nerfed version by default that only indicates the nearest innocent and has a longer scanning delay.
Just curious as to why you chose this method over others. It seems like a lot of work and potentially bug-heavy, and that it would be just as fine to make a scanner button on the traitor menu which highlighted innocents and traitors as HUD icons.

In fact, if you also plan on going through with fake health and name disguising equipment, why not implement a system that turns the equipment selection menu into an equipment options menu after you buy something?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1007 on: October 20, 2009, 04:33:26 AM »

I also noticed when you die by a fire, it also says it was a headshot.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #1008 on: October 20, 2009, 06:26:09 AM »

I am suggesting a new entity to be added to the fgd.

[font=Verdana]ttt_bombsite[/font] (Or something like that.)

Basicly this entity makes it possible that if a c4 explodes inside the trigger it will launch a output.
What people could do with this new entity was targets that the traitors can bomb as a alternative objective, reather than trying to kill all of the innocents.
I personaly would find alot of use for this entity on my map. However I do not know if this is even possible to be made since I do not know anything about these kind of things.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1009 on: October 20, 2009, 09:26:21 AM »

You don't really need a new entity for that, just use a damagefilter, and refer to the Onbreak Output. I did that for my map already; works fine.
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #1010 on: October 20, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »

Does anyone know if I can use the traitor check entity to prematurely end a round(probably by killing the traitors instantly, but if it can just end it that would obviously be better)? I have a few scenarios that I just thought up that I think might be fun to do.

--1--

The innocents have bombs like in ttt_theThing that they need to plant in certain places to win. For example they need to blow up a monument/apartment building/government building/other site of interest.

--2--

The innocent terrorists have different goals that they have to finish before an imminent death(bombs implanted in brains by traitors, really any far fetched idea that could be turned into a Michael Bay movie), and after a set time they all die.

--3--

This one expands on 2 just a bit, How about a bank heist/jewel theft in which the innocent terrorists have a set time to get in and out before the traitors' backup arrives on the scene, at which time the innocent terrorists lose.

--4--

Another expansion on the set time to do goals idea; The traitors, after infiltrating the terrorist cell, have to gather information/evidence against the terrorists and make their getaway.

---

I also think a change to the knife might be good. I was thinking maybe making it so anyone that finds a corpse with a knife can pull the knife out, rendering the knife usable again. But it wouldn't just be like "Press E on corpse, receive knife", it should take 5 - 6 seconds of holding E before they get it. Also making a knife kill have a 1 in 4 or 5 chance for the victim to let out a loud death noise, like a scream or something. Like an "AH BITCH YOU STABBED ME IN THE BACK FUCK!" sort of thing. 

Remember Remember the 10 of December
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #1011 on: October 20, 2009, 11:03:48 AM »

TF2 scream could work for that last one.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1012 on: October 20, 2009, 11:52:50 AM »

I hate the knife idea. The whole point is that it's a one-time use, and it's good enough as it is.

Anyways, as for killing all of one team, you could parent a traitor check entity to a move linear and sweep the map, using "OnTrigger !activator SetHealth 0".

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1013 on: October 20, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »

I suspect that this and the fire headshots are related to the headshot flag not being reset correctly, so if you get headshot in round 1 and die by a fire in round 2, it will think that second death was still a headshot. Should be easy to fix.

Glitch; "xxx found the body body of yyyy"

What exactly do you mean? It sounds more like someone set his nickname to "body of X".

Just curious as to why you chose this method over others. It seems like a lot of work and potentially bug-heavy, and that it would be just as fine to make a scanner button on the traitor menu which highlighted innocents and traitors as HUD icons.

With HUD icons that continuously display positions (even for some period of time), you cannot hide at all anymore. The method I described lets me control the exactness quite easily.

Although I just had an idea about icons. The scanner could do a single "lifesign reading", which then shows on the HUD (or in the world) where the players were at the time of the reading (perhaps with some random noise added to the position depending on distance). So if you stay on the move you still stand a chance, but the traitor using it will know where to look and won't run around on the other side of the map.

Maybe that's what you meant, I dunno. It has the advantage of being easier to use without being overly precise.

In fact, if you also plan on going through with fake health and name disguising equipment, why not implement a system that turns the equipment selection menu into an equipment options menu after you buy something?

You know the tab bar in the traitor menu? There's only one for getting equipment right now, but tools such as that would go into additional tabs that are activated after you receive the item.

Does anyone know if I can use the traitor check entity to prematurely end a round(probably by killing the traitors instantly, but if it can just end it that would obviously be better)? I have a few scenarios that I just thought up that I think might be fun to do.

Yes, there is a ttt_win entity that does this.

I also think a change to the knife might be good. I was thinking maybe making it so anyone that finds a corpse with a knife can pull the knife out, rendering the knife usable again.

Nah. Knife is single use and instant silent kill, silenced is multi use but harder to kill with.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:03:45 PM by theGreenBunny »
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #1014 on: October 20, 2009, 01:15:14 PM »

What exactly do you mean? It sounds more like someone set his nickname to "body of X".
The word "body" is repeated twice in the announcement. I've also heard that the word "found" is repeated twice as well. It may be one or both; I forgot to get a screen.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1015 on: October 20, 2009, 02:38:17 PM »

The thing is, there is literally no way that is possible, unless the finder/dead person have those words in their nickname. What happens in creating that text is that the nick of the finder is concatenated with " FOUND THE BODY OF ", the result of which is concatenated with the nickname of the dead person. There is no way it repeats words there except if 1) the source is edited to change the "found body" string (and there is no typo there, I checked), or 2) people fake it with their names.

Maybe with a screen (or a console copy/paste, the messages are printed in there as well) I'll know more.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #1016 on: October 20, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »

I've seen "1000101010101 found the body body of OCtaneHugo". Screen maybe coming soon, I should have one.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1017 on: October 20, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »

Sprays don't disappear.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1018 on: October 20, 2009, 07:03:49 PM »

Sprays are odd because sometimes running "r_cleardecals" once on the client clears them (it did when testing on a local server) and sometimes it needs to be done twice. So I'll make it twice for next version and we'll see if it works.

edit: For the record, Worbat just told me this was on an unupdated server, so ignore this.

I've seen "1000101010101 found the body body of OCtaneHugo". Screen maybe coming soon, I should have one.

I just thought of a possibility, where the message does not have the words twice, but they're shown twice. Were these messages two lines big? With the nicknames you have there it seems like it could be, and there might be a bug in how it wraps it to two lines for certain specific message lengths.

I'll need the exact nicknames to test this. Actually just post a screen, that would be the most helpful in all respects.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:32:36 PM by theGreenBunny »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1019 on: October 20, 2009, 10:09:04 PM »

So today we discussed the idea of a burst fire weapon.
20 bullets per clip
Fires 2-3 shots per click.

Now the only idea was to make it more accurate than the mac10 but do less damage.
Or have a decreased accuracy but more damage.

Or have it shoot layzors.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length