Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:49:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700087 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #740 on: October 11, 2009, 04:27:06 AM »

Well, don't call it weight, call it something you would, I dunno, consume. Calling it weight will get people thinking that if they destroy their Body Armor they will get to spawn a C4 or something. Something that means "resources" and not "space".

You're all the most fucking heartless people
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #741 on: October 11, 2009, 04:36:39 AM »

You can always use the generic RU, meaning Resource Unit.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
tehshadow
Build Tester

Detective Slowpoke- The Fanciest Detective

« Reply #742 on: October 11, 2009, 05:12:19 AM »

How about items are conjured and traitors only have a certain amount of mana
Maybe the other terrorists are on a witch hunt

Yes, then we could change all the guns to wands and other magical items, the grenades could be potions that explode on contact and all the traitors are recognized by a wizards hat.

I am not painting myself blue and making a forehead vagina out of paper mache. >:/
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #743 on: October 11, 2009, 07:06:55 AM »

Keep it simple. One item per traitor per round.

Little surprise coming up later today.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #744 on: October 11, 2009, 08:23:09 AM »

Cool.

Which reminds me, can we swap between spectators in order? Right now, right click just randomly picks people to follow with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

And a second thing, any way to add a button for spectators to quickly mute all of the alive players? Shift, probably. It's just really hard to hold conversation when people cut you off non-stop, especially when there's some asshole alive who feels it's his civic duty to never let there be a second of silence.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #745 on: October 11, 2009, 08:41:53 AM »

Right now is technically later today:

- Added ttt_detective_mode convar. Pretty much requires ScriptEnforcer unless you love cheaters. Defaults to 0 for that reason. When set to 1 it does this:

[*] Every active player (ie. not latejoiners) shows as alive on the scoreboard, even when killed, until his body has been found and searched (with E key). Then he will show as "confirmed dead".
    [*] Ragdoll's name does not show until it has been identified that way.
    [*] No announcement when a player dies.
    [*] ttt_announce_body_found (defaults to 1, ie. on) sets whether it automatically announces when a body is found (and whose it was)
    [*] ttt_announce_body_traitorstate (defaults to 0, ie. off) sets whether it says in the above announcement whether the dead player was a traitor.
    [*] Spectator global chat is muted, rather than getting mumbled.
    [*] Spectators (dead players included) see the true state of affairs, including who is dead but has not yet been found.
    [*] Round report's event listing will show when bodies were found, and the player who found the most bodies may receive an award for it.

- Added short range throw to knife under its secondary fire. Knife can be retrieved (by anyone) if it hits something that isn't a player. As usual it cannot be retrieved if it does kill a player.

- Fixed grenades being thrown from above the player if he throws them while crouched.

- Doubled flaregun ammo, increased accuracy.

- Increased magneto stick's force when used to push/pull ragdolls.

- Limited how much the crowbar push can push someone upwards.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v111009
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #746 on: October 11, 2009, 08:44:42 AM »

Which reminds me, can we swap between spectators in order? Right now, right click just randomly picks people to follow with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

Yes, but I couldn't be bothered back when I added the swapping because it's a hassle, so I just made it random. I'll put it on the list.

And a second thing, any way to add a button for spectators to quickly mute all of the alive players? Shift, probably. It's just really hard to hold conversation when people cut you off non-stop, especially when there's some asshole alive who feels it's his civic duty to never let there be a second of silence.

I was going to say no, because whether you hear someone is determined by the server (unless I start fucking with your mute settings, in which case I might override your own mutes). However I just thought of a way that might work, so more on that later.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #747 on: October 11, 2009, 11:20:58 AM »

wow this sounds great, can't wait to play

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #748 on: October 11, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »

Spectators being muted I dislike, but the rest is awesome.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #749 on: October 11, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »

My server has been updated and  ttt_detective_mode is (hopefully if I did it right) enabled.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #750 on: October 11, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »

Ahhhh! I can't say as I've not tried yet but this seems awesome!

So I assume people whose bodies are destroyed can never be considered "dead" to the players, they just have to assume that if they are not talking and have not been seen they must have died?

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #751 on: October 11, 2009, 03:19:44 PM »

Spectators being muted I dislike, but the rest is awesome.

If spectators can show that they're dead to the alive players (through mumbling), the whole system is pretty useless.

So I assume people whose bodies are destroyed can never be considered "dead" to the players, they just have to assume that if they are not talking and have not been seen they must have died?

Yes.

This also means traitors can prevent the innocent from ever knowing that one of the traitors was killed if they manage to hide/destroy the body.

I increased the flaregun ammo before I added detective mode, it might actually be a bit too good right now.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 03:27:07 PM by theGreenBunny »
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #752 on: October 11, 2009, 03:28:10 PM »

Would it be possible for last words to also be the last thing they said before they died?(if they werent typing anything whilst they died).

For example:

Jossi is walking about and meets Ajunk. Jossi types "I'm with Ajunk". After typing this Jossi walks around a corner only to be backstabbed by Ajunk. The server is running detective mode so it hasn't showed up that someone has died. A few minutes later Alters goes to spray a furry spray in the area and sees Jossi's dead body. Alters presses "e" on Jossi's body and it says for his last words "I'm with Ajunk".

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #753 on: October 11, 2009, 03:38:25 PM »

Andy P has run into an odd issue where he lag spikes, or the game jumps everytime a person dies. On Alters server he has a higher ping than most of us but it's possible it happens for all of us just we don't really notice. For him though consistantly when a person dies he skips. Not sure what could cause this.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #754 on: October 11, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »

I still seem unable to use script enforcer in any way. Making a clientscript file with createmanifest doesn't solve anything either. I'm running a vanilla gmod with just TTT.
I do get a massive spam of

GamemodeError(DrawMonitors): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(RenderScreenspaceEffects): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(PostRenderVGUI): No Gamemode!
GamemodeError(Think): No Gamemode!

I've tried everything, disabling FAST DL. Making it a boot up line which oddly enough seems to default straight back to 0 all the time. Even though its not in the server.cfg
I can only enable it by adding it to the server.cfg. This sadly breaks the entire gamemode with the error spam as can been seen above. For some reason it can no longer see the gamemode when I use scriptenforcer.

Disabled scriptenforcer solves all problems.
I'll send Alters a pm and ask how he did it. If anyone else has some suggestions, it would be mostly appreciated.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #755 on: October 11, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »

What's your steam friends name? I'll add you and help you get it setup through there, as so far you seem to have done what I've done. Although, I may have done something you didn't to make it work.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #756 on: October 11, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »

Was wondering if you say the last words were a part of a journal entry or something, instead of "just a feeling". No big deal.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #757 on: October 11, 2009, 04:59:52 PM »

The whole last words thing is just for when you get killed while typing.

Andy P has run into an odd issue where he lag spikes, or the game jumps everytime a person dies. On Alters server he has a higher ping than most of us but it's possible it happens for all of us just we don't really notice. For him though consistantly when a person dies he skips. Not sure what could cause this.

No idea what could cause this. I'd probably have similar ping though, so perhaps I can observe it in person when I play.

I still seem unable to use script enforcer in any way. Making a clientscript file with createmanifest doesn't solve anything either. I'm running a vanilla gmod with just TTT.

Do you get the errors on the server or in your client's console?

In the client console, you should also be able to see a list of the scripts that get blocked by ScriptEnforcer. Though the spam might make it hard to find. Could you upload the clientscripts.txt it generated?
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #758 on: October 11, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »

Oh boy, I get to reset the convars every time the server restarts.

I don't know how to get Script Enforcer working, it simply won't do it for me and I don't have time to figure it out.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #759 on: October 11, 2009, 06:15:55 PM »

What's your steam friends name? I'll add you and help you get it setup through there, as so far you seem to have done what I've done. Although, I may have done something you didn't to make it work.

NedStar|Cryo| is the name and thanks.

The whole last words thing is just for when you get killed while typing.
No idea what could cause this. I'd probably have similar ping though, so perhaps I can observe it in person when I play.
Do you get the errors on the server or in your client's console?

In the client console, you should also be able to see a list of the scripts that get blocked by ScriptEnforcer. Though the spam might make it hard to find. Could you upload the clientscripts.txt it generated?

http://www.theicecave.net/files/clientscripts.txt

And I do see everything being blocked in the console.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length