Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:38:58 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702368 times)
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #680 on: October 06, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »

Example: Terrorist that was near death was camping in gun shop, so a traitor planted C4 next to the normally-destructible wall. It did nothing at all.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #681 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:16 AM »

Well, there's a sign to not play ZM maps. :D
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #682 on: October 07, 2009, 02:56:23 AM »

Not like there's anything important in that shop anyway.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #683 on: October 07, 2009, 04:38:47 AM »

By the way, I was wondering, could you lessen the penalty for killing an innocent if they've either attacked you or killed an innocent themselves?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #684 on: October 07, 2009, 04:43:51 AM »

By the way, I was wondering, could you lessen the penalty for killing an innocent if they've either attacked you or killed an innocent themselves?

I think he did, I played a round today where this guy "trigger" ended up shooting his gun off near me, yelling "eeny! stopp shooting me! eeny stop it!" So I shot him in the face and got no score reduction at the end of the round despite the fact he was innocent.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #685 on: October 07, 2009, 07:10:40 AM »

The walls which are normally breakable by ZM trap completely block the explosion of C4.

When a C4 explodes, two things happen:

1. A standard explosion with a large radius. Only hits things that are "visible" to the bomb, ie. not behind walls.

2. Radius-based damage that only affects players, purely based on their position. Do not need to be "visible" to the bomb. Has a smaller radius.

So a player behind a wall is only affected by #2, whereas a player in plain sight of it gets a load of both, which will definitely kill him.

If a player is in range of #2 it will always damage him, no exceptions, breakable wall or non-breakable wall. It is quite simply impossible for this explosion to be blocked by anything. Not even a bug could cause that behaviour.

Therefore, it is more likely he was out of range of #2, or far enough from the bomb to take less damage than he had health, or the explosion as a whole somehow did not happen. But it did not get "blocked".

edit: Tested it a bit, and the whole shop is within range of #2 (farthest corner is still 46 damage). The damage was dealt properly even when I placed it next to the breakable wall.

No to the first, provisional yes to the second. I like the sound of that second one.

edit:
Problem: it's hard to communicate to players that killing someone who has killed does not penalize you as much. People who happen to know this can use it to their advantage, but for people who don't know it's practically impossible to find out.

I think he did, I played a round today where this guy "trigger" ended up shooting his gun off near me, yelling "eeny! stopp shooting me! eeny stop it!" So I shot him in the face and got no score reduction at the end of the round despite the fact he was innocent.

If you killed a traitor or many of your teammates survived, that can compensate for the penalty in the final summed points. But you will still have a lower score than those who did not kill an innocent.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:46:55 AM by theGreenBunny »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #686 on: October 07, 2009, 11:42:22 AM »

No to the first, provisional yes to the second.
Damn. I can't count the number of times someone has attacked me out of the blue intending to kill me, and I killed him in defense just to find out he's innocent and I now have a whole lot less points AND a whole lot less health.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #687 on: October 07, 2009, 04:05:11 PM »

I don't know about the feasibility but it'd be nice if the right click of the c4 allowed you to mount it to walls or objects. would allow for some creative placement.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #688 on: October 07, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »

From his body you can tell he was cut with a knife.

Hmm, you're right. I can tell!
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #689 on: October 07, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »

SWEET

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #690 on: October 07, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

(oh yay content pack will need an update :|)

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #691 on: October 07, 2009, 08:10:22 PM »

So update:

- Added knife traitor equipment. Single kill, single use melee weapon. Knife will stick in body after kill. This is purely cosmetic and sometimes looks odd due to physics/ragdolls/hitboxes/Gabe Newell. It's worth it for all the times where it looks cool (stabbing in the back or head works best).

- Added flare gun traitor equipment. Has only three shots, which ignite a target. If you shoot a corpse, it will be destroyed after a few seconds. The "flare" effect is simple right now, because I don't know if this weapon will be useful in any way.

- Added the last words of the dead player to the ragdoll search results.

- Fixed cases where grenades could be thrown through a solid surface by standing right up to it when throwing.

- Added indicators for rounds left and time left before mapswitch to scoreboard.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v071009b

This release is a bit more likely than usual to have bugs due to the new weapons. I won't be able to fix these until tomorrow, so you have been warned.

EDIT: I lied, I fixed a small error in the scoreboard code. Updated the link above.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:06:05 PM by theGreenBunny »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #692 on: October 07, 2009, 08:18:19 PM »

Oooh lovely.
Awesome update, specially like the knife.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #693 on: October 07, 2009, 08:20:35 PM »

So update:

. If you shoot a corpse, it will be destroyed after a few seconds.

Thats awsome, I was actually going to ask if you could make a way to destroy corpses, and suggest it was done with some sort of fire entity.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #694 on: October 07, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »

When a C4 explodes, two things happen:

1. A standard explosion with a large radius. Only hits things that are "visible" to the bomb, ie. not behind walls.

2. Radius-based damage that only affects players, purely based on their position. Do not need to be "visible" to the bomb. Has a smaller radius.

So a player behind a wall is only affected by #2, whereas a player in plain sight of it gets a load of both, which will definitely kill him.

If a player is in range of #2 it will always damage him, no exceptions, breakable wall or non-breakable wall. It is quite simply impossible for this explosion to be blocked by anything. Not even a bug could cause that behaviour.

Therefore, it is more likely he was out of range of #2, or far enough from the bomb to take less damage than he had health, or the explosion as a whole somehow did not happen. But it did not get "blocked".

edit: Tested it a bit, and the whole shop is within range of #2 (farthest corner is still 46 damage). The damage was dealt properly even when I placed it next to the breakable wall.

Example: Terrorist that was near death was camping in gun shop, so a traitor planted C4 next to the normally-destructible wall. It did nothing at all.

Then how did this happen? I recall he was behind the fence inside the shop, on top of a box in the corner.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #695 on: October 07, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »

Hook 'TTTScoreBoard' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoreboard.lua:20: attempt to index a nil value
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #696 on: October 07, 2009, 08:51:11 PM »

I like this update.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #697 on: October 07, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »

Hook 'TTTScoreBoard' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoreboard.lua:20: attempt to index a nil value

I'm gonna take a wild guess but I think that means it mean it gave a invalid number of points to a player.

Also awesome update ;)

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #698 on: October 07, 2009, 08:53:54 PM »

Then how did this happen? I recall he was behind the fence inside the shop, on top of a box in the corner.

There might have been a one-off glitch that caused an error while creating the explosion effects, which caused it to stop there before it reached the part where it dealt damage. That will no longer be possible since the newest version, because the damage is now dealt before it does anything else, and hence won't be affected by any problems there.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #699 on: October 07, 2009, 09:08:08 PM »

There was a small bug in the scoreboard code that only occurred on dedicated servers, did a quick fix and updated the link in the post above. That's really all I'll fix for today though.

For completion's sake:
Trouble in Terrorist Town v071009b
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length