Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [WIP] ttt_wintermansion
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [WIP] ttt_wintermansion  (Read 9672 times)
zD|Fox
Poster

At the Animal Bar

« on: March 09, 2010, 01:18:16 AM »

Hello folks,
I would like to introduce a map for ttt I have been working on for quite a while now. Most of the interior stuff is done so I think this is a good moment to get some criticism. To start off; here are some screenshots.

Features
- Secret rooms and passages to dump bodies or to use as easy escape routes
- Traps
- The outside area is going to slowly damage people
- Once or twice during a round all lights will be turned off for 30-60 seconds randomly
- Variety of detailed rooms, from indoor pool over library to home cinema
- Small amount of weapons

A lot of the features arise from the story of the map.
This story was one I had on my mind when playing TTT for the first few times. The traitors among the terrorists have invited everyone to their mansion. Yet not a normal mansion. It was prepared beforehand to be eligible to kill one terrorist after the other. Secret doorways, passages and traps. Not only that, the traitors have plotted everything up to the smallest detail. The terrorists have been invited during a stormy night. A blizzard freezing everyone to death who would stay outside for too long. Cars are not working, everyone left clueless. Clueless about what is to await them.

Well, it's not much. But enough to make me make a map. There are some other things that are on my mind and I'm just going to list them here:
The outside area is far from being finished. The interior is almost done, maybe some details are missing here and there. The map in the screenshots is way too bright; I will have to look for another sky. I'm a mapper not a modeller, nor someone who can create textures. Thus some stuff might look odd. Especially the brush based furniture or the silver screen. If you are able to model or create textures and want to help me, feel free to contact me.
Special features such as the dangerous outside area or the random light failures will stay until proven to have too much of a bad effect. (Proof via ingame testing)

I might also want to lose a word about "Small amount of weapons". When playing TTT I usually get the feeling that people are too trigger-happy instead of using their brains and framing people or deducing who the traitor is. That's why I am planning to give everyone a pistol in the beginng. Other, perhaps more powerful weapons might be unlocked during a round randomly or based on a players performance. But that is one of the few things I am not sure about yet.

Once I am done with the exterior stuff I am going to release a beta for playtesting. Right now I would like to have some feedback regarding the screenshots and my ideas.

Thanks for your attention,
Fox

/€dit: Download Mirror #1
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:52:45 PM by zD|Fox »
zD|Fox
Poster

At the Animal Bar

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:35:39 PM »

Since I figured that I won't have much time soon, I've decided to do a quick outside-area. I don't want all my work to get stuck for weeks because I don't have time to proceed working on it. Thus, here is a first beta for playtesting:

Download Mirror #1
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:53:13 PM by zD|Fox »
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »

This looks awesome, great work, I look forward to playing on it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:45:14 PM »

Added to my server. Should show up on RTV next map.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:54:45 PM »

Looks nice good work.
And the links not working, at least for me.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:11:15 PM »

Needed to remove an extra http, a ", and fixed the ending of the link.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »

Fixed download link

There you go.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
zD|Fox
Poster

At the Animal Bar

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »

a href="http://ze-dummkopfs.de/downloads/ttt_wintermansion_beta2.bsp">Fixed download link

There you go.

Oh thank you. Fixed in my post above, too.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:53:35 PM by zD|Fox »
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 01:35:45 AM »

We (meaning a group of people on the server) played it on Alters' server a few times, and it's an ok map but we have some major complaints.

1. Why are there so few main guns? It seems like there's only pistols and maybe 3 other weapons. Pistols suck and everyone hates them

2. Why does the snow hurt people? It doesn't really make sense to us

3. Also, the doors get stuck on people a lot and are a pain to open.

I personally like the layout of the mansion, though, it's pretty interesting and much more detailed than a lot of other TTT maps I've seen
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:38:36 AM by Mustang »
zD|Fox
Poster

At the Animal Bar

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 01:58:28 AM »

Yea I was there when the map was played for the first time. The few guns and the snow were some kind of experiment. I felt that there were too many guns and too much trigger-happyness in a game like ttt, which focuses strongly on communication and interaction between the players. But apparently I am alone with that feeling.
The hurting snow is based on the story of the map, which obviously only those people know who actually read this thread. And that are not many. It was also supposed to keep the people inside the mansion. The paths outside should rather be considered as safe escape routes for traitors.
Finally, which doors are you talking about? Basically it can only be three. The glass door in the room with the billard tables + the two white doors adjacent to that room. I don't see any problem exchanging the two white ones, but the glass one is important because of the design. There is no fitting model.

I guess I am going to add all kinds of weapons to the map then and remove the damage area outside, tomorrow. It's not that much work and would probably contribute to the maps overall quality. Oh and I know that for some reason there is snow falling inside the mansion. I haven't figured out yet why this is happening.
zD|Fox
Poster

At the Animal Bar

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 03:52:16 PM »

Beta 2 available.

Changelog:

- Added all kinds of weapons
- Removed the damage zone outside of the mansion
- Fixed snow falling inside of the mansion
- Some minor changes

Download Mirror #1
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 08:20:03 PM »

It's been added to DNR, can't wait to try it out with a full server! :)

www.dnr-gaming.com
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »

If you want to keep guns low, just throw in a few deagles. They're a bit more unreliable while still being pretty good
Nel
Poster

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 02:29:44 AM »

Deagles are unreliable?  I didn't know that one shot to the head killing people was unreliable.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 02:40:44 AM »

They're a bit more unreliable

You're right. We should make it so the bullets are homing so that one shot to the head is more reliable.

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Sands
Poster

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 08:56:27 PM »

I am excite

Some say that he's allergic to the Dutch and that he only knows two facts about Ducks and they both are wrong.

All we know is...
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 01:58:27 AM »

You're right. We should make it so the bullets are homing so that one shot to the head is more reliable.

I wasn't complaining, haha

Deagles are unreliable?  I didn't know that one shot to the head killing people was unreliable.

Sometimes it's hard for us peons to snap our crosshairs to someone's head in a tense moment; and if you miss, you're at a severe disadvantage if the enemy is using a main weapon
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:03:24 AM by Mustang »
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 12:11:18 AM »

While the cold outside prevents me from sniping (Damn), it DOES keep Repellant indoors.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [WIP] ttt_wintermansion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length