Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:45:25 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE*  (Read 27612 times)
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 02:06:37 AM »

Purple and black textures, outside and in garage, i have css, how about uploading the textures with the map

Could you give a more specific location. There is no garage theres a basement. And all the textures are CSS or HL2. The only custom textures are the white brick wall, white carpet, and red metal sheet texture. Which are all pak'd in the map. Unless you pirated HL2 or some other game there are no missing textures I tested this.

I actually think they weren't shooting me because when people in spec go outside, the snipers will sometimes target the spectators...atleast that what I was told.

Nope.avi

However they will target the spectators when they are in space-out mode and when they don't have a target. Not sure why, but I'm pretty sure spectators cannot distract snipers from killing a living player. Don't listen to player myths. Thats like all the people that say BKU broke TTT's hitboxes.

I agree with the snipers only shooting innocents, and also I think there need to be more weapons lying around, especially at the spawn area/entrance.

This would be a dead give away for traitors. It would turn TTT into a witch hunt "if she dies she is not a witch if she doesn't die she is a witch!" only in this case "if he dies he is innocent if he doesn't die he is a a traitor!" And I have no idea how to make snipers shoot only innocents anyway. More weapons have been added inside and outside. Inside is mostly made up mostly of pistols and M16s. While the outside has a ton of random guns.

Slightly offtopic but I found this looking for servers that are running my map (many are still running B1)

JESUS CHRIST 128 MAX PLAYERS. Theres not even 64 player spawns let alone 128.

Also please let server owners know if theres a new version of my map. After enough start using it people should catch on but right now it's hard to find a server to test on.

AND ONE MORE THING.
I will be having a public test for the new version of the map tomorrow. If you're interested in participating in the test, join my mapping group and read the newest announcements and events.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:20:59 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Raserisk
Poster

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2010, 03:59:21 AM »

B2 will be uploaded on Cozworld by the morning. I was re-arming the map and totally taken surprised by the Combine Snipers.

I had just put a ammo box on top of one of the cars when three blue lasers lit up and aimed right at me and I pretty much screamed "WHAT THE FUCK"
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »

ut right now it's hard to find a server to test on.

I've had the map on the server not long after you uploaded it. Usually gets 20+ players (24 being the max) incase you're interested.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »

I've had the map on the server not long after you uploaded it. Usually gets 20+ players (24 being the max) incase you're interested.

What's your server?

---

Hmm, I'm going to have to work harder on this elevator spam problem. And I was surprsed to find out after the snipers kill you they track you as a spectator and forget every other target. So I'll have to find a way around this.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:32:58 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

Perhaps set a filter_activator_team as the snipers' enemy filter? You'd set the "filterteam" key on the filter to 1002 (gmod's standard spectator team, which TTT uses).
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 11:43:44 PM »

I'm not sure what the policy or rule here on the forums is about advertising, so if this is violating some rule then delete the post or something.

The I.P. is 72.26.196.166:27015

It's one of the many servers a community has that I'm in called SG (SteamGamers). I'm one of the higher ups there and have access to all the servers etc. The server is 24/7 TTT, and it's also an American server (since it's an American community) but I doubt you'll lag if you're from Europe. The map is not on the rotation because of the bugs in the elevator etc, but I can easily switch it to the map when you're ready to play it some time.

My steam name is Spartan0791. Feel free to add me if you wish, so we can sort something out.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »

Perhaps set a filter_activator_team as the snipers' enemy filter? You'd set the "filterteam" key on the filter to 1002 (gmod's standard spectator team, which TTT uses).

Thanks a lot I'll try that.

I'm not sure what the policy or rule here on the forums is about advertising, so if this is violating some rule then delete the post or something.

The I.P. is 72.26.196.166:27015

It's one of the many servers a community has that I'm in called SG (SteamGamers). I'm one of the higher ups there and have access to all the servers etc. The server is 24/7 TTT, and it's also an American server (since it's an American community) but I doubt you'll lag if you're from Europe. The map is not on the rotation because of the bugs in the elevator etc, but I can easily switch it to the map when you're ready to play it some time.

My steam name is Spartan0791. Feel free to add me if you wish, so we can sort something out.

I'll come by some time to test out my map when the next version is out, that is. And I don't think server advertising is against the rules here. You can make a thread about your server here so it shouldn't be.

Heres the next version's changelog:
-Added rain and lightning.
-Added more guns.
-Added more details in the map.
-Changed snipers take more time to shoot now. You have a 3 second wait before they fire.
-Fixed snipers not killing people after they shot someone. (I fixed this hacky way I'll try BKU's way later.)
-Fixed elevator button spamming. If you really really work hard at spamming you can force the doors to stay open some times but you won't be trapped inside and it can still work.

The bug I'm having right nows is snipers don't seem to be able to do damage since I added the rain. I have a few theories on fixing this.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:11:47 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 12:06:44 AM »

The map is not on the rotation because of the bugs in the elevator etc

Uhhh strange thing to post in the map thread.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »

I don't understand how it's strange? I don't particularly want a broken map to be voted for, but it is still possible to change to the map with admin access. I simply stated that so crazy can come on and test it out one time... if he was gona add me to steam or something so I could know when to be on.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 03:32:43 AM »

Unfortunately, BKU's fix for snipers not targeting spectators doesn't work. It doesn't seem to be that snipers target spectators they seem to just only want to target the person that they killed, even with a filter that tells them not to.

My fix right now is that every time a sniper fires they get removed and replaced with another sniper thats exactly the same. It's not noticeable but if they kill someone a new sniper doesn't track the person that died because they didn't kill him. I'll need to check if this works still. Last time I tested it it worked but they couldn't do damage. However that might have been related to something else I did.

---

Snipers are going to be removed in the next version theres too many problems. I'll leave all the props outside though. Could be a perfect traitor spot.

---

Okay, beta 3 is finished uploading now.
Changelog:
-Added rain and lightning
-Added more guns
-Added more areaportals
-Added more light effects
-Fixed elevator breaking to button spamming
-Fixed a few visual things nothing too major
-Removed snipers
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:47:29 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2010, 01:11:20 AM »

*Bump*
New version released.

Newest screenshots

Edit:
I make it rain.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:16:04 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »

Portal storms over the bank! Everyone inside!

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 02:15:17 AM »

Well thanks to SteamGamers I got to test the newest version of my map online. Ironcially I got dropped for server reservation twice and slayed for "RDM" one round. Well whatever nice to see people enjoying my map.

Most Neutral Poster
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 02:17:40 AM »

Updated NNJG, looks awesome.
Does the storm kill you like the snipers did? It was a nice anti-afk :)
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 02:37:55 AM »

Updated NNJG, looks awesome.
Does the storm kill you like the snipers did? It was a nice anti-afk :)

No, but I might make it kill AFKs in the future.

Most Neutral Poster
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »

Well thanks to SteamGamers I got to test the newest version of my map online. Ironcially I got dropped for server reservation twice and slayed for "RDM" one round. Well whatever nice to see people enjoying my map.

Lol can't do much about the reserved slots when the server's full :(.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2010, 04:22:47 AM »

Lol can't do much about the reserved slots when the server's full :(.

Go on a server that doesn't have reserved slots?

[hint]nnjg[/hint]
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2010, 10:42:58 AM »

I see what you did there.

---

Next version (which won't be for awhile) will fix yet another elevator bug, but this one is caused by sheer stupidity of the people using it and will have an objective for innocents to rob the bank and escape. Also I have been playing around on servers using my map I'm really surprised by the amount of people who don't believe I made the map. I only put my username in two places and added a billion chicken references. Not that, that matters but still.

Most Neutral Poster
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »

No, but I might make it kill AFKs in the future.
It would be great if the lightning struck to kill AFK's and they died in that zero-gravity disintegration way from Portal and Half Life 2.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Nel
Poster

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2010, 02:43:26 PM »

It would be great if the lightning struck to kill AFK's and they died in that zero-gravity disintegration way from Portal and Half Life 2.

But then you couldn't check the body.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE* « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length