Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:41:42 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE*  (Read 27564 times)
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 11:32:59 PM »

*Uber snip*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:28:34 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 11:06:33 PM »

Bonk.

Made more progress on the outside and 3D skybox. Also added light switches in a few places. The screenshots are really dark but it's not quite as bad in game.

Exit to one of the fire exits.
*snip*
And I also added a light switch in the CEO room which is really WIP so I didn't take a screenshot of that.

Oh I also made it so the lights in the vault only turn on when the door is open so if you're locked in there you'll have no light.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:28:46 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 11:02:42 PM »

Released ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:10:32 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »

New version coming soon. Hopefully I'll be able to update the first post after I post this.

Most Neutral Poster
Raserisk
Poster

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »

Well B2 looks like a very nice update. It looks much more like a Bank rather than the first B1. I'll try to get it on the Cozworld server after this "new new version" comes out.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 07:38:17 PM »

Awesome! I loved B1, probably my second favorite map. I can't wait to play with all these new changes. Not sure about the snipers, though.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 08:54:34 PM »

Looking forward to giving the new update a try :)
Whenever gmod.org finally finishes faffing about and mirrors it....

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 09:17:35 PM »

Not sure about the snipers, though.

Yeah, they are really in the test stages right now. I'll see how well they work in with the game play. I might turn them into a Traitor objective. Or just remove the completely.

Edit: oh I was pretty tired when I wrote the changelog so try to ignore my errors haha.

Edit2: Had a typo in the features I said "-Destroyable elevator, traitors can plant C4 inside the vault elevator to disable it."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:32:10 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 09:36:06 PM »

Will add B2 to NNJG once Garrysmod.org decides to not be a bitch.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »

I'm going to upload a mirror to Filefront.

Edit:
Filefront link is up.

Garrysmod.org link is also fixed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:13:27 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »

I'll add it to my server now, Got to keep the minions happy... ;)

Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 01:14:23 AM »

Uploaded to nnjg. :)
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 08:43:39 AM »

Players were saying the elevator breaks if people keep spamming the button for it?

CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 10:07:39 AM »

Breaks as in it triggers the elevator 'destroyed' state or breaks as in it just doesn't work?

This shouldn't happen. The destroyed state is activated by a func_breakable that only breaks to a high damaging explosive (only one being C4) and the buttons have a short delay to activate after the elevator stops to prevent spam errors or it should anyway, I'll check it in the morning, maybe one of the many times hammer crashed I didn't remember to save.

Most Neutral Poster
JoshJosh117
Poster

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »

Yeah it broke on the server I played it on too, and no c4 was used. I kinda think it shouldn't break at all, since anyone who is down there will have to go outside to get back up, and if snipers are out, they will get killed. If an innocent is down there, they can just camp out the rest of the round, and if the last traitor is down there, they have no choice but to go outside.

Also I would like it if more weapons could be placed around the bank, in places other than the vault.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »

Yeah the map's good but the elevator tends to break at the bottom. (It sometimes doesn't reach the floor so the doors never open).

The map needs a few more guns places around.

The snipers are actually a bit slow if you ask me. There has been times when there's been 5+ minutes left, the elevators broken and the last traitor is at the vault. I've went outside and the snipers wouldn't even shoot at me sometimes. The times they did, they would miss 9 outta 10 shots. Can you increase the speed they shoot or increase the amount?
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 04:14:43 PM »

I will improve the elevator some more so it doesn't break to spamming in extreme cases.

The snipers are actually a bit slow if you ask me. There has been times when there's been 5+ minutes left, the elevators broken and the last traitor is at the vault. I've went outside and the snipers wouldn't even shoot at me sometimes. The times they did, they would miss 9 outta 10 shots. Can you increase the speed they shoot or increase the amount?

Actually it's good that completely-random-sniper-space-out-and-suck feature is working. In that situation you got extremely lucky. More then likely the random system to disable chose 2 or 3 in the area you were in and then it probably reactivated and deactivated the ones in the opposite end. The odds of that are extremely lucky if you saw how the I set up system would take to long to explain. And the snipers do not need a buff, when I test the map on my own with good FPS its damn impossible unless I do some Dance Dance Revolution style WASD pressing and even then they can still get me.

---

What do you guys think about the Snipers being a Traitor objective? I could make it so that the traitors have to call in for backup and then snipers setup in 30 seconds after they make the call.

Edit:
Found the bug with the elevator. For some reason I forgot to make the outside buttons get locked when someone pressed the inside button. I also made it so that if buttons are pressed at the exact same time one will get more priority over the other shouldn't make a big difference only helps spam breaking.

---

Final note I'm going to compile and release the next version tomorrow, so make all your suggestions now.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:01:14 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »

I actually think they weren't shooting me because when people in spec go outside, the snipers will sometimes target the spectators...atleast that what I was told.
JoshJosh117
Poster

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »

I agree with the snipers only shooting innocents, and also I think there need to be more weapons lying around, especially at the spawn area/entrance.
jenos
Poster

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2010, 08:06:38 PM »

Purple and black textures, outside and in garage, i have css, how about uploading the textures with the map
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_Bank_B3 *UPDATE* « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length