Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:26:08 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Before I continue with my map, I'd like to ask a few questions. (No, not to FAQ)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Before I continue with my map, I'd like to ask a few questions. (No, not to FAQ)  (Read 5401 times)
stickmeister
Poster

« on: February 14, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »

No, this does not belong in FAQ because it's a question directed towards the community.

I'm creating a map based on the Tower in Professor Layton and the Curious Village for TTT. I have two questions about it.

1. In-game music.
Because I'm going with a Layton theme, I wanted to have the famous puzzle theme somewhere in the map.
This song would play.
The volume of the music would be low-volume (about 0.1 volume, less than the sound of a common microphone.) but that isn't the case. The song could be repetitive to some. In that case, this song could be another choice. It's less repetitive.

2. The map objective. I don't particularly like map objectives, but I wanted to incorporate one anyway. When preformed, it plays this song (also from Professor Layton) and everything shakes gently for 22 seconds giving players a warning. Those who are in the top of the tower are safe, the rest are crushed. The 22 second warning gives them time to get to the top of the tower.
If I am to have a map objective, I want it to be preformed rarely and make it different from others. I have a choice.

[li]a.) If every light in the tower is turned on, the objective has been made. This can be done completely by accident and is harder to do on purpose.[/li]

[li]b.) Keys. There are 7 keys on the map. The keys can be either used to unlock extra rooms (which have weapons, ammo and the switch to the elevator.) or 5 of them can be used to preform the objective. This one can be done on purpose but if 3 keys are used then it cannot be done.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:44:44 PM by stickmeister »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »

Music: I would go fucking insane if this played non-stop. I recommend just putting a radio somewhere and have the music come from there, and either make it breakable or have an on/off button.

Objective: I like. If it's 22 seconds of shaking though, better make it REALLY light.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
stickmeister
Poster

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »

Music: I would go fucking insane if this played non-stop. I recommend just putting a radio somewhere and have the music come from there, and either make it breakable or have an on/off button.

Objective: I like. If it's 22 seconds of shaking though, better make it REALLY light.

The shaking gets more and more violent as it reaches the 22 second mark. Which choice do you like better, by the way? Can't decide. I really think the lights thing could piss a lot of people off, but it's more rare and more interesting since it's accidental.

I could also put the Puzzle theme in the elevator, and put the tower theme in the radio.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:02:33 PM by stickmeister »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »

Remember: More shaking = less easy to get to where you want to go = more annoying

You're all the most fucking heartless people
stickmeister
Poster

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »

Remember: More shaking = less easy to get to where you want to go = more annoying

I could also make a basement that they can escape into which requires a key. The elevator also requires a key to work, (You have to unlock a room with a power switch inside) so both of those decisions influence whether or not you will do the objective.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Before I continue with my map, I'd like to ask a few questions. (No, not to FAQ) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length