Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:48:25 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_lost_temple_v1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_lost_temple_v1  (Read 37950 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »

We're going to need more Admins on servers to keep the 10 year olds from rage spamming. Hahaha.
I meant as a trap, like spikes or pitfalls or boulders or fire or rooms that fill with water. What is your obsession with raging 10 year olds?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »

I meant as a trap, like spikes or pitfalls or boulders or fire or rooms that fill with water. What is your obsession with raging 10 year olds?

The fact that I play with them half the time and know how they will react? lol.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 02:40:25 AM »

So basicly  deathrun and TTT but not shit?

Do like.

No, it will be non-linear and you can wander aimlessly if you want or do the objectives until you get killed by spikes, darts, etc.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »

No, it will be non-linear and you can wander aimlessly if you want or do the objectives until you get killed by spikes, darts, etc.

I still like it.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 04:30:53 AM »

Just a little update on some of my progress.

Past traitor check door...

The trap

The control button and viewing window.

Your last moments:

The end result:

Overhead view

Obligatory spike pit, and slippery slope.

The map's progress.

[/quote]
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 05:01:34 AM »

I love it.

Here's some food for thought:

[li]I think you should have the spikes inside the moving walls at the start, and make the room more narrow. When the trap's triggered, the spikes come out and then the walls close in. Effect takes the same amount of time, but is more claustrophobic and terrifying in my opinion.[/li]
    [li]Everyone knows how anticlimactic slowly-closing wall traps are in source. It's getting narrower and narrower and BAM dead and your ragdoll gently falls in the ton of space left. Here's an idea. Make the spikes non-soild, and insert player and physics clips in the spikes in the same shape (important later). Then, when the spikes would normally just cause instant death, turn off the player clip and turn on an invisible brush right where the players are standing. The effect is they are pinned and the spikes are actually going through them. Turn on a trigger hurt and presto. The best part is, since the physics clip is still there, their ragdolls might just stick in place.[/li]

I've always wanted to do the impalement trick, but never had the chance or time. I pass it on to you.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 08:13:07 AM »

Hate to disappoint an Ajunk but the ragdoll impalement part won't work. Source doesn't actually handle impalement, stuff like the harpoon are hacks where the target dies and his ragdoll is parented to the harpoon "manually" (as in, there's special code for it, it's not done automatically by the physics system).
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »

I'm still unconvinced, there must be a way.

EDIT: Even if there isn't though, which is more than likely because tGB said it, the effect is still pretty nifty.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:10:03 PM by Ajunk »

Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 12:13:05 AM »

Prop_ragdolls are not your friend, especially in TTT, since they collide with more things than usual "debris" corpses do and even with playerclip brushes apparently.

[/quote]
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 09:23:36 AM »

:P I like it!
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2010, 02:52:10 AM »

The first public alpha is here. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?znjgbnz2kjn

I'm excited to try this on a public server.

Also if you want the map list icon just download this separately: http://www.mediafire.com/?1zahzzzt5ji
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:56:13 AM by Citizen_001 »

[/quote]
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 04:07:57 AM »

Added to my server. Should show up next map.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 07:18:48 AM »

Updated non-crashy version: http://www.mediafire.com/?wdozrzzgd3j
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:24:08 AM by Citizen_001 »

[/quote]
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 11:35:21 PM »

If any of you haven't played this your missing out.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »

Well gents.

There has been quite a bit of comments on some form of objectives for the innocents, as... Well, the map gets stagnant really quickly. There are all these things for the traitors to do, but zilich, really, for the innocents.

But this is a tricky subject, as no one has really thought of anything that the innocents couldn't just do instantaneously.

I don't have anything either, really, save maybe collecting things that spawn after ~5 some odd minutes out of the various DEADLY TRAPS and such to extract back to the top or something, I dunno. Maybe a sort of zm_Temple of Doom idol could be gathered from these items and the innocents would take it up to the top and escape via a unlocked exit.

Further, I've noticed a lack of traitors really going for the Sacrifice-to-Cthuhlu objective bit... I don't think it's because they don't know of it, though. I think it's because it's a bit to difficult (Hell, I get shot for even teasing the idea of tossing a corpse down) for not much in the way of rewards. Maybe it could be tied in with the innocent objective, and the Traitors doing it stops the innocents from achieving their bit? Put a lot more incentive into it, I suppose. Mayhaps, for a few of them, the innocents get something from it, too, so they might toss a few bodies down. (Maybe it'd open some hallways or something - Like that one grate.)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 07:50:18 AM »

I've thought the matter over myself, and have come to four seperate solutions which all have their pros and cons. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on them.

First, let me outline the problem.
The problem is that the innocents have nothing to do, while the traitors have too much. As such, and due to the nature of sacrifice, innocents cannot resist sacrificing bodies for shits and giggles, especially since the threat of doing so seems to extend no further than the wrath of their peers. Obviously this is good for no one and must be resolved.

Solution A is that sacrificing bodies be made an innocent objective. It seems to appease a bored majority, the structures are already in place and require very little work to change, and the traitors would have a reason to get out of their hidey holes. The con is that sacrificing bodies isn't very "innocent", and while I'm not concerned that people will resort to RDMing anymore than they are already, I am concerning that people will be killing themselves to sped things up.

Solution B is that sacrificing bodies is only possible as a traitor, i.e. there holes are shut and can only be opened with a traitor-only button. Then, cause the result of finishing all 3 rooms to be drastic and nigh-game ending. I feel this will deter innocents from doing the objective, and perhaps will keep them occupied enough by the task of defending. Unfortunately, the obvious con is that innocents will still be bored and probably want something else to do.

Solution C is that sacrificing bodies is an objective for both sides, kind of like control points. They start neutral, and a innocent/traitor action is used to turn them. Whichever side gets all 3 wins the advantage, which could be a traitor-checker for the innocents or a death-dealer for the traitors. The possible actions change the sacrifice chambers are numerous. Traitors could sacrifice bodies and innocents could sacrifice melons scattered throughout. Both could sacrifice bodies and choose who to offer it to as they do (i.e. different traitor and innocent sacrifice activating buttons). While this keeps both sides busy, the con is that it's a little too complicated.

Solution D is that sacrificing bodies does not directly help or hurt a specific side, like the boat in enclave. It could just do something, like slowly close the doors to each of the pits and purge (kill) everyone not inside. While it's simple and is useful to both sides, you may find arguments of whether it's a "traitor-only kill on sight" objective. I suppose also having the pit/tomb inform residents of whether there's a traitor in their midst via colour may offset that.

Anyways, these are just the 4 best solutions I was able to come up with. I realize that some are retarded, but try to judge each one individually. I'd really like to hear people's thoughts.

Dr.Badtouch
Poster

No HoMo O_o

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 08:12:11 AM »

This is an excellent map, with one flaw I can see though. It is way to complicated for the average user. The average user is between the age of 13-16 and has god awful attention span.  The second they would die in this map, they'd either rage quit or go afk.

Aside from that keep up the good work!

Zombie Fight Club
Furry Hell

http://zombiefightclub.org
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 08:13:56 AM »

The average user is between the age of 13-16

Do you have a source for this information that the average player of TTT is 13-16 years old or are you just trying to bullshit us?

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Dr.Badtouch
Poster

No HoMo O_o

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2010, 08:19:15 AM »

I have 2 servers lol, and believe me the average user is 13-16 years of age. They enjoy  jacking off in the mic among other sedacious things, but.....all these little shits like are maps like boxfort, redqueen, ship, insertshitmaphere.  You have to really have a mature group on to complete a map like gasdump or blue velvet.

Edit: My bad, I thought this was a zm map.  No idea wha ttt is.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:23:27 AM by Dr.Badtouch »

Zombie Fight Club
Furry Hell

http://zombiefightclub.org
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2010, 08:27:19 AM »

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_lost_temple_v1 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length