Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:08:46 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_lost_temple_v1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_lost_temple_v1  (Read 37913 times)
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« on: December 09, 2009, 09:06:38 PM »

I've decided to finally make a little "Indiana Jones/ Tomb Raider / Cliche Egyptian Tomb" map. I've wanted to for longer than I could remember so I figured, "Hey why not make it a TTT map?" So here is the result. It isn't finished yet by any stretch of the imagination, but I have made some decent progress.

CURRENT VERSION (V1): http://www.mediafire.com/?45b71s1cdjc6p6f

The spawn area.

The main chamber you fall into after entering the tomb.

A room containing a "darts shoot from the walls trap."

Entrance to trap control room.

There will be multiple trap control rooms and each entrance consists of an airlock type one-person room. You go in and press the button and the door closes. If you are a traitor the door leading to the trap control room opens, if you are an innocent, spikes shoot from the wall and impale you, then slowly retract and the door leading to the outside opens again. This way no one can be "tested" for being a traitor, and traitors still can access the trap control rooms with ease.

The entrance is one-way so in order to leave you must jump into a hole in the floor which will take you to a random exit shaft. (at this time there is only one)

Inside the trap control room.

The dart room controls.

The trap control room in this case features a layout showing the setup of the darts. At each round's start it randomly picks one of three tiles and makes it safe to walk across. It does this for each of the three dart traps in this room. By hitting the corresponding button it randomizes the safe tile and re-arms the trap if it has been triggered. (The darts must be manually reset after every trigger) A direct hit from the darts does about 30-40 damage.

The window from the trap control room allowing the traitors to see their victims.

This window blocks all grenades and bullets from going in or out and appears black from the outside so both parties will not have to worry about being shot through it.

More random tunnels and passages.

Room with an exit shaft from a trap control room.

Hole players in the room above can drop down from.

Current Map Overview:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:47:32 PM by Citizen_001 »

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »

Smexy map citizen, what do you think your ETA is?

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »

A rough estimate might be like two weeks or so, depends on when I'm happy with the amount of traps, and I'll probably keep extending it in newer versions.

[/quote]
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 10:31:41 PM »

Looks great, reminds me of stargate.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 11:54:27 PM »

So if the traitor goes in to the trap room doesn't that make him pretty much invincible because the innocents don't have a way to deal damage to anyone on the inside?

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 12:31:08 AM »

Same thing with The Thing's underground, but the drawback is if you don't come out and go kill people you will lose by default.

[/quote]
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 01:14:14 AM »

I love the theme, but I'm not sure about the game mechanics.

Here's an idea, if you've the time to read it.

How about instead of spawning above ground, you spawn underground. The surrounding tomb is a non-linear maze of corridors and rooms, with weapons and objective items (I'll get to that later) in the depths of the tomb. The layout itself is very easily to move around and has tons of ways to get around, however, every single corridor and room has the potential to be a trap. At the beginning of the round, which corridors and rooms are trapped is randomized, and when it's rigged it's quite obvious.

Here's the fun part. Traps are in both corridors (for moving around) and single rooms (for getting the contents, such as weapons or objective items).  By yourself, it's impossible to get past the trap without getting killed. With at least one other player though, it is possible. However, you better trust that player, because he could very well turn on you when you're at your most vulnerable.

So the traitors can move around on their own, keep the secret passages, which is risky but convenient path to take. Seems stacked in the traitor's favour? Well, that's because if the innocents manage to scrap together the objective items (I'm thinking dynamite is easiest) they can escape to the surface. On the surface is one of two things, and I'm not sure which one is better. Either there's a traitor trigger that kills traitors who exit the tomb into the sunlight, coupled with a trigger to charges to seal the tomb killing everyone inside. Or, on the surface there's an infinite-use traitor checker.

Anyways, it's a pretty hastily assembled idea, but one I think is easy enough to map and is pretty cool (in my opinion only). That's my two cents.

The map itself looks fucking incredible, by the way.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 04:16:02 AM »

I will make it very non-linear as I progress. See the main chamber? That will have a tunnel entrance on every one of it's four sides. It will hopefully turn out to be a maze-like environment and I was also planning on having both traitor and innocent objectives. I still haven't decided exactly, but I want the traitor objective to be quite an inconvenience to innocents yet not just insta-kill and keep it something do-able, not walking across the map holding various items which instantly give you away like bombs or such. Maybe certain places where a dead body must be offered up on an altar or something and once all have been done it completes the traitor objectives, so that way you either drag bodies towards it and risk suspicion or kill someone really close to it and do your original job in the process.

Same thing with innocents objective. Do-able, yet not insta-win for them. Also maybe some really hard or complex objective to escape. I do plan on having a place for testing at one point in the map though.

As far as random trap placement I don't really know if I am ready to do that since most of the traps will only work well in really specific places, and it would require a hell-of-a-lot of entities which would cut down on the overall amount of traps. Not to mention take a ton more work.

[/quote]
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 05:45:59 AM »

Or just don't make them random, but still make a lot an-

holy shit.

You should totally make this map like Labyrinth, where the map has an abundance of routes but, at (for example) 1 minute intervals, random chambers are opened or closed. It's basically a dynamic maze. As far as I see it, it's a very low entity way of keeping the map from getting repetitive or predictable. I'm still for having automated traps that require teamwork, though. A mechanic that requires trust to get around more conveniently just sounds so cool.

Anyways, I really don't think you should go too far with objectives, as you don't want to catch a case of TheThing-itis, where there's simply too much shit laying around to do. If you ask me, the only objective the traitors need is "kill innocents".

C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 07:25:17 AM »

Citizen, this is why you're my favorite person.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 04:30:37 PM »

Or just don't make them random, but still make a lot an-

holy shit.

You should totally make this map like Labyrinth, where the map has an abundance of routes but, at (for example) 1 minute intervals, random chambers are opened or closed. It's basically a dynamic maze. As far as I see it, it's a very low entity way of keeping the map from getting repetitive or predictable. I'm still for having automated traps that require teamwork, though. A mechanic that requires trust to get around more conveniently just sounds so cool.

Anyways, I really don't think you should go too far with objectives, as you don't want to catch a case of TheThing-itis, where there's simply too much shit laying around to do. If you ask me, the only objective the traitors need is "kill innocents".

I think having walls that close and open periodically would be a good idea, especially if they're in areas that would be difficult to navigate due to little props/decals for identification.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 03:11:49 AM »

I think having walls that close and open periodically would be a good idea, especially if they're in areas that would be difficult to navigate due to little props/decals for identification.

I can see it now.

Random 10 year old: OMG THAT FRIKEN WALL JUST KILLED ME AND I WAS TRAITOR!!! DAMNIT DAMNIT!!!! YOU M--
*Random 10 year old has been kicked by Admin.*

EDIT-

This is not me turning down the Idea. I like the idea entirely, although you'll have to make it so that so that if some doors close / open, someone doesnt get trapped between 2 doors and unable to do anything for the next 60sec, unless you make it so that if they DO get trapped they die from like, gasses or traps.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 03:13:05 AM by ball2hi »
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 03:14:57 AM »

Citizen, this is why you're my favorite person.

I BOUGHT YOU THE GAME
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 03:26:07 AM »

I can see it now.This is not me turning down the Idea. I like the idea entirely, although you'll have to make it so that so that if some doors close / open, someone doesnt get trapped between 2 doors and unable to do anything for the next 60sec, unless you make it so that if they DO get trapped they die from like, gasses or traps.
Hopefully players don't get trapped not because it would hinder them, but because it would stall the game.

If you ask me, this suggested method might be better implemented if citizen sat down with a blueprint of the map and designed 20 or so "mazes". Then, just configure each one as a logic_case and have one randomly picked every minute. I figure 20 combinations it more than people can memorize, and even if they do memorize I don't think they could run around and figure out which one it is and have that information be useful before it switches again.

Pastor
Build Tester

Bewildering Transvestite Wasteland

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 05:42:41 AM »

Remember you encouraging to make a huge maze to the guy who is well know for taking maps to entity limit.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:19 AM »

Citizen doesn't need encouragement to hit the entity limit.

Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 07:46:04 AM »

I can see it now.

Random 10 year old: OMG THAT FRIKEN WALL JUST KILLED ME AND I WAS TRAITOR!!! DAMNIT DAMNIT!!!! YOU M--
*Random 10 year old has been kicked by Admin.*

EDIT-

This is not me turning down the Idea. I like the idea entirely, although you'll have to make it so that so that if some doors close / open, someone doesnt get trapped between 2 doors and unable to do anything for the next 60sec, unless you make it so that if they DO get trapped they die from like, gasses or traps.

I was thinking so people wouldn't get trapped having only one in key doorways, so people might not get trapped but have to take a long route round, and if someone gets crushed by a slowmoving wall it's entirely their own fault.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »

Although moving walls are a great way to kill people.

ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 08:10:49 AM »

Although moving walls are a great way to kill people.

We're going to need more Admins on servers to keep the 10 year olds from rage spamming. Hahaha.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 08:32:40 AM »

So basicly  deathrun and TTT but not shit?

Do like.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_lost_temple_v1 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length