Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:46 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Who can be RDMed, and who might already be ruining this game mode.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Who can be RDMed, and who might already be ruining this game mode.  (Read 72374 times)
pieman
Poster

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 07:08:28 AM »

Then make your own server if you want to follow those rules, because I guarantee you every other server will be enforcing rules exactly like us. You seriously need to grow up, all you did was bitch at us and tell us we were wrong after we told you it was death matching.

I made a sizeable contribution to everyones lives by existing. I want recognition damnit!
<br />[quote author=Sarge link=topic=9008.msg311541#msg311541 date=1250476349]<br />I think you're taking the whole serial killer thing way to far. &l
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 07:14:21 AM »

Have fun with your nanny roleplay, then.

I just don't see how it's "random deathmatching." It's not random, because I knew he was the traitor. It's not deathmatching, because he was obviously the person I was supposed to kill. It fits entirely within the realm of TTT gameplay and yet you all throw hissy fits over it. It's like a way for you sissy roleplayer types to soften the blow of losing by making owning people against the rules.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:15:47 AM by PenisColada »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »

You neglect to mention that your deep thoughtfulness also landed you several innocent kills in previous rounds.

Listen, your ideas sound good on paper but they do not work in practice, it was tried early on which is why we came up with the rules currently in place.

Every server that exists currently follows these rules with, granted, some small variation based on server. If you care to attempt to reinvent the wheel be my guest and open another server (Lord knows we need more of them).

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 07:16:24 AM »

Several innocent kills? I killed ONE innocent after he showed the same behavior that a traitor was doing 5 seconds earlier. A traitor I killed because I knew he was a traitor. Innocent kills are a reality of this mod. Part of the fun of being a traitor is screwing with the innocents and making them kill each other. Are you going to start banning innocents who fall into traitor traps like that? If someone is killing innocents not maliciously but because they're a bad detective, that shouldn't be banworthy. In my opinion, it's all about intentions. If you intend to play the game right but you're just bad at it, then you might end up killing innocents. If it's a serious detriment to the server, the person should be banned, but nobody kills a ton of innocents by accident.

Like I said, if you start banning people for killing in an unsavory manner, it's going to turn into another stupid roleplay server.

Look, I'm not saying that RDMing is a fictional thing and we shouldn't have a rule against it. I've been RDMed many times. Let me outline what that is. An RDM is a kill that was RANDOM and DEATHMATCHING. A traitor is only RDMed if he would have also been killed in the same situation, with the same behavior, as an innocent. When someone kills a traitor and goes "Aha! I was lucky!" then that's an RDM. I've seen that happen many times. If someone accuses someone of being traitor and has good suspicions, it's not an RDM if they kill them and they end up being a traitor. If someone runs into a room alone with me with a gun pointed at my head and I'm innocent, it's either me or him. I tell the person to leave and if they're not gone in 5 seconds I shoot them in the head. 9 out of 10 times they're a traitor because an innocent wouldn't follow someone into a room and line up a headshot.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:22:45 AM by PenisColada »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 07:21:05 AM »

Like we said, if you feel the servers are doing something wrong despite the fact that we know it works, feel free to rent your own and test your theories.

Your theory has the added benefit of not needing any admins so thats a plus.

PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 07:24:12 AM »

So you're not even going to read my posts or respond to my arguments. What a wonderful forum. You know what doesn't seem to work out? Ten minute arguments about who RDMed who EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. SOMEONE. DIES. I've even heard of innocents bitching about being RDMed by traitors. It's literally ruining the game far beyond whatever horrific consequences might arise from allowing people to, oh, I don't know, use their brains instead of their combat impulses.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:25:55 AM by PenisColada »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 07:26:02 AM »

So you're not even going to read my posts or respond to my arguments. What a wonderful forum.

I have been, however we are at the point where you are not saying anything new and I seem to be saying the exact same things multiple times to each of your scenarios.

PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 07:28:42 AM »

What the HELL is an innocent supposed to do if a traitor (with no evidence against him) comes into the room with a deagle, shotgun, or rifle, and immediately aims for the innocent's head? It's against the rules for the innocent to shoot him until he shoots the innocent, but he has a one hit kill weapon so there's nothing the innocent can do. When I'm the innocent I usually shoot the person who barges in, after giving them fair warning. Of course they're almost always traitor and they almost always bitch RDM.

Yelling out the name of the assailant never works because nobody pays attention.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:29:52 AM by PenisColada »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 07:29:38 AM »

What the HELL is an innocent supposed to do if a traitor (with no evidence against him) comes into the room with a deagle, shotgun, or rifle, and immediately aims for the innocent's head? It's against the rules for the innocent to shoot him until he shoots the innocent, but he has a one hit kill weapon so there's nothing the innocent can do.

Well, he could try not standing still.

Usually that prevents those pesky headshots.

ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 07:30:08 AM »

Just now, I was very suspicious of a guy (Chesnut). He kept following me and like, lining up his deagle as if to headshot me. So I told him to stop following and he was being suspicious, and he was vehemently denying beng traitor and getting angry. I knew for sure he was a traitor by his behavior. Much later in the game, after I had killed a traitor (saw him kill a guy), me and a few other people were hanging out in the courtyard of Cluedo. Half of us were unarmed and dancing around like chickens. Suddenly Chesnut showed up and I said "Oh shit it's Chesnut he came out of nowhere with his gun out" and he started to get ready to shoot me so I killed him. He was the traitor. He started crying foul and claiming it was RDM because I had no proof, and other people on the server sided with him (Pieman).

What's the point of this mode if you need proof? Then it just turns into a contest of who can catch the traitor in the act of killing. There's no psychological element or any kind of detective work if you're not allowed to figure out someone's a traitor by their behavior. Honestly, if you start really enforcing the "need evidence" rule, it's going to stop being a deep, intelligent game and start being a repetitive, boring, predictable piece of crap. I don't like being punished for being able to detect subtle behavioral changes. If I think someone is a traitor, I kill them, and they're a traitor, it should be allowed. Period. If I think someone's a traitor and they're innocent and I kill them, then THAT could be considered an RDM (unless there's good evidence of them acting like a traitor).

Not to mention, almost EVERY time I had a 'hunch' about someone being a traitor, I was right. Usually holding off on killing them costs me my life and often the lives of many other people. There were so many times where I was sure a guy was a traitor but didn't shoot because I was afraid of getting kicked/yelled at. And then the person ended up being the traitor (usually killing me).

This game needs to reward intelligence and thoughtfulness, not combat skill.

One more point: Most spectators/dead people will agree that rounds drag on far too long. I think this is mostly because people are SO afraid of killing because it's so easy to break the rules that way. We need to not overcomplicate this gamemode with unnecessary rules and features and just let it run its course. It shouldn't be like another dumb roleplay server with nanny admins that ban people for doing things slightly wrong.

I didnt even read past the first paragraph. All i can say is... Karma. Isn't is wonderful? You got what you deserved. I already know what you're going to say too!

"Shut up you fat insecure kid with an unmanly dog."
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 07:30:37 AM »

Well, he could try not standing still.

Usually that prevents those pesky headshots.

Shotgun. Traitor can skill one hit kill him, or one hit kill him with a deagle or rifle if he's good. Do you really expect everyone to dance around constantly to avoid getting shot?
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 07:31:10 AM »

I didnt even read past the first paragraph. All i can say is... Karma. Isn't is wonderful? You got what you deserved. I already know what you're going to say too!

"Shut up you fat insecure kid with an unmanly dog."

Xbye. Mature past 12 and come back again later. This argument does not involve you (it has facts and logic, not insults about weight and getting a life)

Once again, I apologize for being good at TTT.

I'm guessing nobody's actually read the entirety of all of my posts.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:33:08 AM by PenisColada »
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 07:32:48 AM »

Xbye. Mature past 12 and come back again later. This argument does not involve you (it has facts and logic, not insults about weight and getting a life)

Once again, I apologize for being good at TTT.

Mature past 12? I find that comment hypocritical atm and ironic. I wont even bother pointing out why.
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 07:33:21 AM »

Mature past 12? I find that comment hypocritical atm and ironic. I wont even bother pointing out why.

Good. You can leave the thread now. Maybe you should go get votekicked from a server again for being annoying. You're good at that.
Harry
Poster

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 07:34:13 AM »

Let's conduct this civilly, hey?
Then make your own server if you want to follow those rules,

Maybe he will? Thing is, this is a place to discuss such things and it has been going on for a while. What's your intention behind this statement? are you implying there's no point discussing it?

ecause I guarantee you every other server will be enforcing rules exactly like us.

You guarantee, huh? How much are you prepared to wager on that statement, if it's so indisputably truthful as you imply?

You seriously need to grow up, all you did was bitch at us and tell us we were wrong after we told you it was death matching.

That's ad hominem, for a start, and you still havent actually gone into any logic or supporting material for what you're saying. Here's an example.

I think the interesting thing about this game, that is, what sets it apart, is the amount of reliance on personal judgement. The game mechanics themselves are so minimalistic that the most interesting aspects of gameplay come out through how people use their freedom.
Random deathmatching is a guy running round shooting everyone hoping to find a traitor, not arresting, questioning or killing someone based on suspiscion. Explain to me in what way the very game itself isn't totally based on suspiscion, true or false as it may be?
Imagine how boring the game would be if everyone followed the same rigid procedure of waiting to see someone murder someone else, and react by killing them? Imagine how boring the game would be to play with everyone using the exact same strategy? The intricacy is in how different people react to different situations, this is what makes the game interesting.
One of the first observations I made about the game was its similarities to poker at a fundamental level. The guns, the killing, the "rules," are analagous to the cards in poker. But the appeal of poker isn't in the cards, a million other card games use the exact same cards. People spend their whole lives delving into the psychological aspect of it, trying to take the minimal amount of information and interpret it as effectively as possible. This is analagous to observing the behaviour of other players in TTT. I think to discourage judgement and observations of subtleties destroys the elegance of the game.
That's what I think.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »

Good. You can leave the thread now. Maybe you should go get votekicked from a server again for being annoying. You're good at that.

Nah im good. I like to see people get what they deserve. Seems kind of fitting after the crap you pulled the other night with Flaming and Brosi. Im going to sit here and watch as you dig yourself into a hole and laugh at every comment you make that just plain contradicts yourself. If we were going to kick people for being annoying then the entire server would be gone, especially you, after what i heard happened on the server.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 07:36:19 AM »

Shotgun. Traitor can skill one hit kill him, or one hit kill him with a deagle or rifle if he's good. Do you really expect everyone to dance around constantly to avoid getting shot?

They do it already.

Also, as far as the shotgun goes, I don't seem to have a problem avoiding them. Must be voodoo or something if I can avoid being killed so easily yet from what you are saying it appears that everyone is just dropping like flies every time a traitor takes a step.

In a less sarcastic note, the shotgun is fairly easy to avoid. It takes a person standing fairly close to you, and most of the pellets hitting your head to pull off a one shot kill. it is up to you to keep your distance from a shotgun user, and if you keep moving around (Doesn't have to be dancing) it's pretty hard for somebody to get that close and pull off a head shot.
Does it still happen? Sure it does, you are talking about a game where one team consists of only three players. As an innocent you are meant to be at a disadvantage.

EDIT:
I'm guessing nobody's actually read the entirety of all of my posts.

you keep saying this, but I assure you that I am reading everything you say before replying (Unless preposted ;))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:38:11 AM by eeny »

PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 07:39:02 AM »

Nah im good. I like to see people get what they deserve. Seems kind of fitting after the crap you pulled the other night with Flaming and Brosi. Im going to sit here and watch as you dig yourself into a hole and laugh at every comment you make that just plain contradicts yourself. If we were going to kick people for being annoying then the entire server would be gone, especially you, after what i heard happened on the server.

Please detail how I've contradicted myself. I would LOVE to know.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:41:08 AM by PenisColada »
Harry
Poster

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 07:39:10 AM »

Is this talk of running around jumping to avoid fire even fucking remotely serious? Come on, the game's surely a little more sophisticated than that.
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 07:40:54 AM »

They do it already.

Also, as far as the shotgun goes, I don't seem to have a problem avoiding them. Must be voodoo or something if I can avoid being killed so easily yet from what you are saying it appears that everyone is just dropping like flies every time a traitor takes a step.

In a less sarcastic note, the shotgun is fairly easy to avoid. It takes a person standing fairly close to you, and most of the pellets hitting your head to pull off a one shot kill. it is up to you to keep your distance from a shotgun user, and if you keep moving around (Doesn't have to be dancing) it's pretty hard for somebody to get that close and pull off a head shot.
Does it still happen? Sure it does, you are talking about a game where one team consists of only three players. As an innocent you are meant to be at a disadvantage.

But it's a stupid unfair disadvantage if there are rules against killing traitors. They already have the extreme element of surprise, stealth, and better equipment. It's starting to feel like a little kiddy version of a man's game where the rules are changed so "everyone has fun" and nobody loses or wins too hard. I have more fun and the rounds go much faster when I'm a bit more triggerhappy and I go with my intuition (especially when all the other people in the server play that way too)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:43:10 AM by PenisColada »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Who can be RDMed, and who might already be ruining this game mode. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length