Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:59:08 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Making Innocence More Fun: The Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Making Innocence More Fun: The Thread  (Read 52148 times)
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 09:17:45 PM »

I would be fine getting killed by an innocent, but it happens to much like: 'he was following me', or 'where were you?'
, and bam your dead.
Its nice when people give concrete evidence but too many people just shoot for the stupidest reasons.
If everyone would just give some sort of evidence, or take a vote(which is always fun), then it wouldnt really be RDMing.

And the thing about barricading, i think it only a problem when people shoot you for walking in front of it, or opening the wrong door. I hear so many people say to stay away or they will shoot, and you have no idea where they are, so they get away with killing you by saying they warned you.
But barricading does add a lot of fun i think.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »

I've died in several rounds because I didn't kill people exhibiting suspicious behavior for fear of being accused of RDMing.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 11:09:45 PM »

And the thing about barricading, i think it only a problem when people shoot you for walking in front of it, or opening the wrong door. I hear so many people say to stay away or they will shoot, and you have no idea where they are, so they get away with killing you by saying they warned you.
But barricading does add a lot of fun i think.

Yeah no, that doesn't fly with me. I don't let people do the whole "Dtay away from a place I won't tell you about or you will get killed the second you find me" bullshit.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 11:15:16 PM »

I've died in several rounds because I didn't kill people exhibiting suspicious behavior for fear of being accused of RDMing.

Yeah, the other round I was playing and I saw a pile of unidentified corpses on a bridge (I couldn't get to it from where I was, since it was that map with the random canyon). I started heading over and saw Andy P coming through the door; he'd just crossed the bridge without identifying any of them. Only a killer would do that. But this was the same server as the Sacmo incident (wherein a survivor charged me with a live powerline, almost killing me, and then acted surprised and offended when I killed him and explained he was an admin and if I pulled shit again I'd be banned) so I decided to refrain from offing him and just identify the bodies real quick.

He shoots me before I can so much as touch the first one.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2009, 02:57:18 AM »

Seems like an awful lot of these problems are tracing back to TDR's servers.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2009, 03:11:48 AM »

I wonder why that could possibly be. If I didn't know any better I'd accuse them of running a badly administrated server made of pure shit stains.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2009, 03:23:37 AM »

Not as bad as servers moderated by cats and robots.

Also, TDR has a FastDL that doesn't take a half hour to download one map.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2009, 03:30:38 AM »

Robots are very efficient, until they work for an extended period of time.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2009, 03:39:41 AM »

Not as bad as servers moderated by cats and robots.

So does mine, what's your point?
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2009, 11:56:19 AM »

Soduka's sever is the best, by the way. Any claims to the contrary serve only to confirm their speaker's diminutive genital size.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Unknown
Build Tester

What did you learn?

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »

A few people from TDR that need booted haven't been.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:43:23 PM by Unknown »

Captain Laserkopf: YEAH THAT BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE AN POTATOES IN THEM
Mad Mints: >making plans for children before they're even born
Mad Mints: >implying she's not infertile from being punched in the uterus by my mind
Mad Mints: I'M HATING HER OVARIES TO DEATH
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2009, 02:11:16 AM »

So does Alters. Which I notice that you play on all the time.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2009, 12:19:55 PM »

So does Alters.
No it doesn't. It may have FastDL set up, but it sure isn't speedy by any stretch of the imagination.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »

This opens up the issue of

"Well both mac10s and both shotguns were nicked by innocents so now the traitors are basically fucked"

They would have to be some pretty fucking shit traitors to only be effective with the primary weapons.

Yeah, the other round I was playing and I saw a pile of unidentified corpses on a bridge (I couldn't get to it from where I was, since it was that map with the random canyon). I started heading over and saw Andy P coming through the door; he'd just crossed the bridge without identifying any of them. Only a killer would do that. But this was the same server as the Sacmo incident (wherein a survivor charged me with a live powerline, almost killing me, and then acted surprised and offended when I killed him and explained he was an admin and if I pulled shit again I'd be banned) so I decided to refrain from offing him and just identify the bodies real quick.

He shoots me before I can so much as touch the first one.

On the subject of this i can see the logic and ive used it before to suspect people, if not act, but the thing is ive seen innocent's pass bodies TONS of times, even regulars who know about the identify system and the reason is that noone wants to get shot in the back while looking at the ground.
But if you had killed me and then explained your reasoning, it might not have been too bad. I normally just voice my suspicion's out loud before i do anything, even if i shoot them straight away.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:44:04 PM by Andyp »

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »

They would have to be some pretty fucking shit traitors to only be effective with the primary weapons.

Well, if you can't kill someone very quickly (something pistols can't do) then you can't stop them from either shotgunning you or

(LAST WORDS) Andy P: OH GOD IT IS AJUNK HE IS PISTOLLING ME TO DEA-

And while things like "Creative" uses of barrels, psychology, heights, etc are possible, it isn't practical to expect every traitor to be able to pull off three successful kills that way.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2009, 06:56:41 PM »

Headshots are key, takes about 2 or 3 of those with the pistol to do. But against someone with a Mac 10 or competent enough not to stand in your crosshair, it's impossible. Just click the shit out of your mouse and shoot them 30 times in the stomach.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2009, 08:17:34 PM »

No it doesn't. It may have FastDL set up, but it sure isn't speedy by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, I don't have any problem with you leeching your maps from TDR's bandwidth and then coming to play on Alters. That sounds like a happy compromise, and that's what I do.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2009, 08:41:49 PM »

I wonder why that could possibly be. If I didn't know any better I'd accuse them of running a badly administrated server made of pure shit stains.

Least they don't get kick happy the moment you jokingly pick up a prop~.

In anycase, server discussion isn't the topic of this particular topic, so don't discuss it. Each server has their bit, with the majority of the problems going across servers because, lets face it, there is no server-particular playerbase for the most part, it's all shared.

Now then. How can innocents have more fun? Objectives can be one thing. Goofing around is another. Honestly, it's actually probably safest to get a group of at least 3~ people and just start messing arond then camping. Much more fun, too.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »

I never group, ever. Everytime I do it bites me in the ass, or my partners suck and watch as pieman knifes me after I just said 'If I am ever knifed it is pieman!" and then say "Oh hey pieman, join us will you? Were all about to go afk so could you cover us? Also, (random name) must have killed eeny."

People suck.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »

The server didn't have FastDL, but it now does thanks to Nedstar allowing me test files with his web-server as well as mine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Making Innocence More Fun: The Thread « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length