Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:51:00 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700150 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4300 on: February 12, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »

No opinion. I would advise server admins to tweak some convars based on what they see balance-wise, because the default values are more balanced for the <20 range. They probably already do this (never played on one). That's about it.

I personally prefer games at lower playercounts, like 10-16 (and preferably people I know at least a little), but then it's not like I play much these days.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #4301 on: February 12, 2011, 09:19:36 PM »

You must have dedication for developing a game you barely ever play.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4302 on: February 12, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »

You must have dedication for developing a game you barely ever play.

Mainly because he's always developing it, and having no time to play it :p

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
ceribik
Poster

« Reply #4303 on: February 13, 2011, 02:00:49 AM »

Are players who shoot barrels, supposed to be logged/named in the damage log/end of round report? If they are, then it doesn't always work. A possible reason (untested) is if a player shoots a barrel, which sets off another barrel (2), and this second barrel kills a player. If they aren't, could this be added? (too much RDM happens with them)
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4304 on: February 13, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »

If it's really that bad, do what I did, do a ents.FindByModel, and remove the barrels.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4305 on: February 13, 2011, 02:34:38 PM »

Rofl, a c4 went off as the round restarted, and ended up blowing everyone up at spawn with the after explosions. Dunno if you can fix that xD

NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4306 on: February 14, 2011, 03:04:33 AM »

I have noticed a smoke grenade hangs around at round start also.
If a Smoke nade is thrown at round end and explodes near the end of the 30 second round end info, on start of next round the smoke is still there.

Also is the Visuliser broke for anyone else?
Several players have just told me "It don't work" (yeah great bug reports...), I have looked at log files but I don't see any lua errors listed.
So just wondered if any other servers had this problem (with latest SVN version).
If so I don't know if it's a TTT problem or prehaps something related to the broken string.lua file stuff in the last GMOD update.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4307 on: February 14, 2011, 09:50:22 AM »

I have noticed a smoke grenade hangs around at round start also.
If a Smoke nade is thrown at round end and explodes near the end of the 30 second round end info, on start of next round the smoke is still there.

Also is the Visuliser broke for anyone else?
Several players have just told me "It don't work" (yeah great bug reports...), I have looked at log files but I don't see any lua errors listed.
So just wondered if any other servers had this problem (with latest SVN version).
If so I don't know if it's a TTT problem or prehaps something related to the broken string.lua file stuff in the last GMOD update.

Well, the Visualiser works perfectly on my server. So I think its the players not knowing how to use it :P

NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4308 on: February 14, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »

Well, the Visualiser works perfectly on my server. So I think its the players not knowing how to use it :P

Yeah, that's more than likely the reason....

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4309 on: February 14, 2011, 06:28:14 PM »

SVN r850:
- Traitors get penalised for running down the clock. Team bonus gets -5 times the number of traitors alive at the end (so 4 traitors intentionally waiting for the round to time out get -20 each). The idea is that the more traitors, the more preventable the result was.
- Smoke and C4 no longer explode during post-round, they just disappear without exploding.
- HUD tweaks (positioning of "overtime" text tweaked; ammo with no language string now just shows the "item_ammo..." name when you pick it up).
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4310 on: February 15, 2011, 12:16:33 AM »

SVN r850:
- Traitors get penalised for running down the clock. Team bonus gets -5 times the number of traitors alive at the end (so 4 traitors intentionally waiting for the round to time out get -20 each). The idea is that the more traitors, the more preventable the result was.
- Smoke and C4 no longer explode during post-round, they just disappear without exploding.
- HUD tweaks (positioning of "overtime" text tweaked; ammo with no language string now just shows the "item_ammo..." name when you pick it up).

I have to admit, the c4 timing at round reload was perfect and hilarious, that even though everyone exploded on round reload, they all still laughed :)

Updated my serv, ill edit if I find error.

ceribik
Poster

« Reply #4311 on: February 15, 2011, 12:32:55 AM »

Are players who shoot barrels, supposed to be logged/named in the damage log/end of round report? If they are, then it doesn't always work. A possible reason (untested) is if a player shoots a barrel, which sets off another barrel (2), and this second barrel kills a player. If they aren't, could this be added? (too much RDM happens with them)

Well BKU?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4312 on: February 15, 2011, 09:26:16 AM »

Well BKU?

Barrel damage is something Source/gmod handles. To my knowledge it works.

If you think there's something wrong, you will have to get me a specific, tested scenario in which it does not work.
Braegh
Poster

« Reply #4313 on: February 15, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »

I don't see the logic behind this change. Running out the timer already has the innocent team win, further punishing the traitors for something they might not even have been able to prevent (most of them are dead, or maybe one of the last innocents was hiding) seems counter-intuitive.

My favorite type of TTT round has always been the one where the traitors actually make an effort to blend in and conduct more behind-the-scenes sabotage, as well as spreading paranoia. Unfortunately, the time limit to a round already discourages this kind of play.

I'll repeat a piece of criticism I've heard many times before: "Playing innocent is not fun". Although I strongly disagree with that statement, I understand what it's coming from - the majority of the players has almost nothing to do because time is on their side. Throwing suspicion is almost completely pointless because the optimal innocent strategy is to not do anything until you're absolutely certain someone's a traitor.

And this change only seems to put more pressure on the traitors. Pressure on those who are already at a disadvantage because of their numbers. But perhaps more importantly, I fear changes like this one will only turn the game into more of a TDM than it already was.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4314 on: February 15, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »

The problem I'm having with the visuliser on my server is as soon as it's thrown on the ground it disappears.
No errors or anything given, just thrown down and it vanishes.

:\  

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4315 on: February 15, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »

I could see the visualizer's effects not working or something, but the only reason it would vanish without errors is if it receives 50 damage or someone picks it up.

There was effectively a scoring exploit: traitors would gain more if they killed the easiest innocents and then just sat out the round, than if they went for a win and risked dying. I hope you agree that is not an ideal TTT round either. Now that tactic should not be "profitable".

The -5 to score penalty per surviving traitor that I posted was too high, it will be reduced. In fact, I think I will instead make the traitor's team bonus after a timelimit loss depend only on the number of innocents alive or dead. Say, half the number of dead innocents minus half the number of living innocents, with no bonus for the number of living traitors. For reference, the normal traitor round bonus is: number of still living traitors + half the number of dead innocents.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4316 on: February 15, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »

This might have been brought up before, but when someone changes their name to something longer than it already is, it cuts off part of the name in the scoreboard adding a ... where it cuts off.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #4317 on: February 15, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »

Perhaps a compromise to the traitor-failure penalty would be to make it a Cvar, an option instead of a requirement.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4318 on: February 15, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »

Scoring is not configurable now either, and people manage.

This might have been brought up before, but when someone changes their name to something longer than it already is, it cuts off part of the name in the scoreboard adding a ... where it cuts off.

I know, always been like that. Seeing as changing your name is not supported (and actively discouraged) it's not a priority. Might see if a small change fixes it, else it will stay as is.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #4319 on: February 17, 2011, 12:20:09 AM »

How about an item that tells if you can be seen or not? 3/4th of my deaths are because some asshole halfway across the map happened to be looking in my general direction when I fired a shot.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length