Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:53:40 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700339 times)
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3860 on: November 08, 2010, 01:46:09 PM »

If anything it will just draw the eye to it. If people just start purposely ignoring a colour in the chat box, then they're just being bad at the game :/
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3861 on: November 08, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »

Do you mean it fell out? It doesn't do that in my testing, maybe it just moved so that it was positioned inside the ragdoll or something. I did find that the knife drops out if you make the ragdoll drop by hitting it with the crowbar or shooting it, and that will be fixed.

yes that is what the i ment the knife was on the ground not the bodie after removing the bodie from wall.
also maybe make it when limbs are tied to the walls the rope is stronger as thay tend to sagg down quite a bit
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3862 on: November 08, 2010, 10:07:49 PM »

So BKU have you ever though about improving the binos "zoomed" texture? I mean, just like the old sniper, it has no "scope". It would be sweet if you put a scope texture for the binos. (And make the zoom-in zoom-out toggled with the mouse wheel :))

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3863 on: November 08, 2010, 11:05:52 PM »

Well, seeing as you've posted that multiple times, yes I have. I read everything even if I don't reply to everything, hence it is not useful to fish for a reply unless it's some sort of bug or urgent problem. A binoc texture is on my list, but it's pretty low on that list.

yes that is what the i ment the knife was on the ground not the bodie after removing the bodie from wall.
also maybe make it when limbs are tied to the walls the rope is stronger as thay tend to sagg down quite a bit

The knife thing I have fixed (not in SVN yet); I will be testing stuff around improving ropes vs limbs in the near future.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:07:11 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #3864 on: November 09, 2010, 01:59:19 AM »

Well, seeing as you've posted that multiple times, yes I have. I read everything even if I don't reply to everything, hence it is not useful to fish for a reply unless it's some sort of bug or urgent problem. A binoc texture is on my list, but it's pretty low on that list.

Alrite. I just though you didn't read that, so it's all cool now. Thanks.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3865 on: November 09, 2010, 02:22:41 AM »

Bku reads everything and Knows everything.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #3866 on: November 09, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »

Bku reads everything and Knows everything.

Is he... CHUCK NORRIS?

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3867 on: November 09, 2010, 10:16:31 PM »

Who all has body pinning enabled on their server? Also IP please, if you do.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3868 on: November 10, 2010, 04:44:18 AM »

Gah, I cannot get damage ownership to work when I am testing. I've gone over the logic countless times, and according to you BKU, your tests of it were fine. Is there some variable I have set or something somewhere that might interfere? It 100% should work but it just won't show anything special in the round report or give credit for the kill to a person. There has to be something I'm missing here.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3869 on: November 10, 2010, 04:45:08 AM »

My australian server has it enabled If you want to bare with lagg i assume your not australia
203.142.8.54:27044
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3870 on: November 10, 2010, 07:25:29 AM »

Gah, I cannot get damage ownership to work when I am testing. I've gone over the logic countless times, and according to you BKU, your tests of it were fine. Is there some variable I have set or something somewhere that might interfere? It 100% should work but it just won't show anything special in the round report or give credit for the kill to a person. There has to be something I'm missing here.

What damage type are you using? Do you lose karma when killing an innocent with it? Does the kill show up as a kill or a suicide in round report?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:54:57 PM by Fuffe »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3871 on: November 10, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »

You could try testing the traps on the ttt_traps.vmf example map to see if it's your testing methodology.

I find it easiest to set ttt_log_damage_for_console 1, and then use ttt_print_damagelog to see to whom the damage/kill was attributed.

You could also copy out the relevant part again and send it to me as VMF (easier to look at the map logic that way).

TTT v20 will print some messages to the console when "developer 2" is set, but I can't easily send you a build (gmod will always use the code from the gcf). You'd have to grab the gmod beta SVN build that runs the game as a mod without using the gcf.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:45:50 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3872 on: November 10, 2010, 10:55:58 AM »

My UK server has it enabled.

81.19.215.44:27015

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3873 on: November 10, 2010, 11:50:20 PM »

I'm having a weird problem with the GMOD SVN.
I picked a CS:S map, set it to Terrortown, and click the create multiplayer button.

Once map loaded I added a few bots (I was going to test the traitor pinning thing)
However on spawn, I had no weapons (no crowbar, megneto stick, or holstered) and none of the weapons\ammo spawned on the map.
Also when I was Traitor, I could use the Traitor buy menu, however any weapon I bought, I did not have\could not select.

I tried several different CS:S maps with no luck.
Also tried re-downloading the GMOD SVN, and still no luck.

So is this just a "only me" problem, or is anyone else having same problem with the SVN version of GMOD.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3874 on: November 11, 2010, 01:42:36 AM »

Certain traps, such as those in the doors of ttt_losttemple_v1, do not produce last words upon being killed in them.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3875 on: November 11, 2010, 01:48:35 AM »

My UK server has it enabled.

81.19.215.44:27015

Thank you again. :D

My australian server has it enabled If you want to bare with lagg i assume your not australia
203.142.8.54:27044

Thank you. Also I don't know how bad I'd lag, I'm in America, but I'm in California, and usually play on east coast US server with about 60 ping, so I'll probably be fine in yours.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:50:00 AM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3876 on: November 11, 2010, 05:02:57 AM »

Okay BKU I'm pretty sure I figured it out. Physics damage IS for whatever reason broken when a "ttt_damageowner" is concerned. I modified the default "ttt_traps" map simply to test this and it failed to accurately report or give credit for the trap.

You can test for yourself with the modified vmf: http://www.mediafire.com/?75oena5w4g9v80z

All that I did was change the "crushenator" to a func_physbox instead of a func_tracktrain and made it's mass scale enormous to ensure instant death (like my trap) and made it so the button simply enables motion of it and lets it fall killing the bot below it. The damage owner correctly refers to it, yet it does not work. No idea how easy it is to fix, but I just figured I'd bring it to your attention.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3877 on: November 11, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »

I'll check it out. The boulders definitely worked with attribution for me though, and they're phys dmg, so it might be something I've happened to fix when meddling with prop kills. We'll see.

So is this just a "only me" problem, or is anyone else having same problem with the SVN version of GMOD.

Not just you, garry put broken binaries in the SVN at rev 605. Lua entities are completely fucked in those. I've told him about it. Personally I've reverted just the dlls to r604.

I don't know what SVN client you use or anything, but what you want to do is "update" the /garrysmod/bin/ directory to revision 604 (where by default it updates to the latest revision). It will grab the old, working dlls.

edit: The latest binaries in the SVN right now work properly again.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:47:07 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3878 on: November 11, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »

I found the problem, Citizen. When a player is crushed by something, he doesn't only take damage from the object, but also from the ground. Of course you can't set a damage owner for the world entity, so that's where the problem lies.

However, I believe I have worked around this issue. Now when a player takes physics damage (DMG_CRUSH) from a trap, the game will register it as a push. Seeing as there's existing code to make sure that pushing someone into any sort of damage is properly attributed, that damage dealt by the world entity will be properly attributed to the player.

This should greatly improve things like traps that push players around, obviously. As long as the trap deals some physics damage when it hits the player (which could be made certain of using a trigger_hurt), the push will be attributed properly.

edit:
For people having SVN probs, this is the latest TTT build as of this moment: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79559/terrortown_v20alpha11112010.zip (r615)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:59:25 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #3879 on: November 12, 2010, 12:00:37 AM »

Judging by this video, people have found out how to exploit the magneto stick and fling props at high speeds in front of them.
Not much of an issue since it falls into the same category as hacking, but thought I should let ya know.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length