Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:00:25 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700852 times)
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3840 on: November 06, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »

If you can change the sound played, can't you also change how loud the sound is?

Audible distance =/= volume

You can make something as loud as you'd like but the code can still make it fade out at a certain rate and make it inaudible at a certain range.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3841 on: November 06, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »

I changed the flashlight by intercepting the player's flashlight keypress and manually setting the flashlight state on/off, thereby completely circumventing gmod's flashlight toggling code. This is not possible for the equip sound.

And what citizen said.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3842 on: November 06, 2010, 04:04:36 PM »

Maybe you could keep a dynamic changelog in one post that you keep editing in that changelog thread. When garry releases an update, you will just start a new post, and declare that changelog to be for vWhatever.
Then you can just link to the post in the update news or something.

Although this really doesn't matter at all...
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3843 on: November 06, 2010, 04:06:43 PM »

I have another suggestion that might make the innocent side a bit stronger, by making unidentified bodies easier to spot a while after they die (obviously after the killer's DNA has decayed), perhaps by adding black particles above the body that would simulate the way flies swarm around a rotten corpse, maybe even play a sound. I'm not sure how balanced this is, but it would add some comedy to the gamemode.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3844 on: November 06, 2010, 05:26:16 PM »

New things in SVN:
There's no option to disable first person ragdolls as it's serverside. You can click at any point to switch to third, and when in third clicking will switch you to roaming as it always has.

ttt_fretta_votegracerounds (default 0) sets the number of rounds before the continue vote at the top of the screen should start showing up after a round. The default fretta convar fretta_votegraceperiod lets you set a delay in seconds after the map has loaded as well, but that's a hassle.

Sweet.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3845 on: November 06, 2010, 08:24:40 PM »

Prop kills are not being attributed to the player for some reason. Including explosive barrel throwing.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3846 on: November 06, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »

Prop kills are not being attributed to the player for some reason. Including explosive barrel throwing.

Have noticed Prop kills not counting.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:07:56 PM by hayhay89 »
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3847 on: November 06, 2010, 11:47:41 PM »

I have another suggestion that might make the innocent side a bit stronger, by making unidentified bodies easier to spot a while after they die (obviously after the killer's DNA has decayed), perhaps by adding black particles above the body that would simulate the way flies swarm around a rotten corpse, maybe even play a sound. I'm not sure how balanced this is, but it would add some comedy to the gamemode.

I don't like that because it would give away some of the bodies I took the time to hide. I'm not a crazed gun man, I'm a OCD gun man. I like to keep things nice, organized, and above all, hidden.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3848 on: November 07, 2010, 12:24:37 AM »

I don't like that because it would give away some of the bodies I took the time to hide. I'm not a crazed gun man, I'm a OCD gun man. I like to keep things nice, organized, and above all, hidden.

Yeah, I'm with you, Meta. I'm a hitman, but I'm a sneaky hitman. Usually, when I'm traitor nobody is confirmed dead.

I get your idea. Innocents have nothing "cool"; everybody hates being them. Maybe if they had something cool, people wouldn't say "Argg. Innocent again." They should have something cool.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3849 on: November 07, 2010, 06:37:47 AM »

I get your idea. Innocents have nothing "cool"; everybody hates being them. Maybe if they had somethingcool, people wouldn't say "Argg. Innocent again." They should have something cool.

Actually, I prefer being innocent. It's a lot more fun to figure out who the traitor is and kill them before they know people know, leading to many WTF moments.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3850 on: November 07, 2010, 02:49:51 PM »

I found a case of wrong kill attribution by throwing a barrel into someone causing it to explode. Because the impact damaged the barrel into exploding, the person you threw it at got blamed for his own death. This is now fixed in the SVN build.

All other thrown prop damage seemed to work fine.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3851 on: November 07, 2010, 03:00:18 PM »

I found a case of wrong kill attribution by throwing a barrel into someone causing it to explode. Because the impact damaged the barrel into exploding, the person you threw it at got blamed for his own death. This is now fixed in the SVN build.

All other thrown prop damage seemed to work fine.

What about shooting a barrel to blow another barrel up, and the infinite possible chain explosion possible? Any way to attribute that? At least on the first chain explosion?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3852 on: November 07, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »

I don't know if it's caused by one of my other changes or not, but that already works in my testing.

edit:
SVN r600 fixes an error in the barrel stuff from earlier.

Also adds ttt_ragdoll_pinning (default 0). Enable to let traitors pin corpses they are carrying to walls using the magneto stick primary fire. Experimental, obviously.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:57:19 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3853 on: November 07, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »

Body pinning Enabled on my server will Test.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3854 on: November 07, 2010, 10:44:25 PM »

Me too :D Will test as soon as I get back from work tomorrow, and BKU, re-add me on steam, got a proposal for you. Yes. I want to marry you. (jokes)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3855 on: November 07, 2010, 11:14:46 PM »

Is it possible that the chat can be more noticeable for radio commands like "<name> is a traitor!" ? Such as making it a different colour. Countless times I've spammed someone is a traitor and nobody notices it because it's just spammed away with the rest of the chat. Atleast adding some colour might draw the eye to it some what.

Also perhaps a "<name> is innocent" bind? Sometimes people say someone is the traitor, but then realise they're wrong. Just a thought.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3856 on: November 08, 2010, 12:01:54 AM »

Is it possible that the chat can be more noticeable for radio commands like "<name> is a traitor!" ? Such as making it a different colour. Countless times I've spammed someone is a traitor and nobody notices it because it's just spammed away with the rest of the chat. Atleast adding some colour might draw the eye to it some what.

Also perhaps a "<name> is innocent" bind? Sometimes people say someone is the traitor, but then realise they're wrong. Just a thought.

I agree with both suggestions. You're lucky if someone reads what you write.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:11:46 AM by Fuffe »
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3857 on: November 08, 2010, 12:22:47 AM »

I would prefer if it stays the same, if people don't pay attention to all forms of commumication, it is their own fault if they die. We don't want to make it too hard on the traitor.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3858 on: November 08, 2010, 04:18:58 AM »

Body hanging works really well. Impressed :) cant find many bugs with it. Will report if i do tho.

The knife Didnt attach to the body anymore when i placed the bodie on the wall??
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:21:19 AM by hayhay89 »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3859 on: November 08, 2010, 01:31:57 PM »

Do you mean it fell out? It doesn't do that in my testing, maybe it just moved so that it was positioned inside the ragdoll or something. I did find that the knife drops out if you make the ragdoll drop by hitting it with the crowbar or shooting it, and that will be fixed.

Regarding chat colours, I don't believe that changing the colour will suddenly make people read the chat. You can't make people pay attention to it constantly if they don't want to. They'll just start ignoring all messages of a certain colour.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:33:07 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length