Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:24:28 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699734 times)
Spongge
Poster

« Reply #3820 on: November 05, 2010, 03:38:05 PM »

And I can guarantee that you won't have any problems with alt tabbing if you use windowed mode like I do in every source game.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. Wait, what?
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #3821 on: November 05, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »

I use windowed mode yet I'm still experiencing this bug.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3822 on: November 05, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »

I run windowed and alt tab constantly while developing, no issues. All the spectator key handling (from making you spec your corpse for a few secs, to speccing a player when you press attack) is handled by the server, so I can't think of any way TTT could be ignoring your input after alt tabbing. It seems much more likely that Gmod/Source decides to ignore your input before TTT ever sees it. Of course, one wonders why it works again after you spawn for the next round.

Can you possess props when this happens?
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3823 on: November 05, 2010, 05:21:22 PM »

Yeah, when I press Alt Tab my pc sends me out to my desktop, but the game's still running. So I usually avoid those keys.

And talking about the previous themes, I apologize: I was a bit rude, but you guys know that trolls's goal is freaking out people. So I apologize. And BKU, what do you think about the First Person Mode Death?

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3824 on: November 05, 2010, 05:37:40 PM »

And I can guarantee that you won't have any problems with alt tabbing if you use windowed mode like I do in every source game.

Some people have problems when they're windowed, like never maximizing again while still hearing the sound.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #3825 on: November 05, 2010, 06:35:46 PM »

On Source 2007 or newer, use the -sw -noborder flags to run the game in a borderless maximized window that should have no issues with alt-tabbing.  It also helps you with recovering from crashes where you would otherwise need to do a hard reboot, since you can still open and see the Task Manager to kill the process.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:37:41 PM by AndyTheGeeky »

Signature Pending...
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3826 on: November 05, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »

Half the time i alt tab i crash, and every time i hit the windows key i crashed, so i took if off my keyboard.

Also found some bug:
Occasionally when your detective(no idea the circumstances), when you point at a body you checked, the little magnifying glass turns into the background of whatever square you clicked on in the body search menu.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #3827 on: November 05, 2010, 07:53:55 PM »

The main problem that is occurring here is when you loose focus on the source engine window (alt tab out onto your desktop). Certain threads that run heavy operations may have overloaded resulting in crashes or unusual bugs because the system no longer treats it as a main process and doesn't give it all the memory and CPU required to sustain it and I do believe that when a player is respawned, its quickly re-authenticated so the client side threads are flushed and then refilled when spawned. How do I know this? I have done C++ before. So then why does this affect some people? Then you system cannot, or is not good enough to support multi and background threading.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:55:22 PM by Manmax75 »

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3828 on: November 05, 2010, 08:04:09 PM »

The first person death thing is on my list.

Occasionally when your detective(no idea the circumstances), when you point at a body you checked, the little magnifying glass turns into the background of whatever square you clicked on in the body search menu.

Not fixable, Source/gmod glitch.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3829 on: November 05, 2010, 09:09:18 PM »

This is wierd... Everytime I Alt-Tab my pc sends me to the desktop, but the game doesn't crash. Wierd...

Also...
The first person death thing is on my list.

SWEET.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3830 on: November 05, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »

i use -windowed -noborder. EXACTLY like fullscreen, but alt-tabbable with no lag. :)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3831 on: November 06, 2010, 12:08:44 AM »

When a traitor/detective buys something from context menu. That sound it makes can it be heard by other people as im getting reports from a few trusted people thay can hear it. I thought at one stage you changed it so people couldnt hear it.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3832 on: November 06, 2010, 01:18:21 AM »

When a traitor/detective buys something from context menu. That sound it makes can it be heard by other people as im getting reports from a few trusted people thay can hear it. I thought at one stage you changed it so people couldnt hear it.

Yea, I know for a fact you could hear it before. I don't know if sometime between now and then if he made it unhearable. I really can't remember. I've been rdm'd because a dude said, "OMG YOU BOUGHT SUMTHINZZ!!!! BANG BANG BANG!!!!" "Oh shit lolz, got his knife feels good man."

hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3833 on: November 06, 2010, 02:15:37 AM »

im positive he did make it unhearable in a previous update like 4 or so months ago. But unsure if it has been turned on again.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3834 on: November 06, 2010, 02:22:38 AM »

I'll go play some ttt right now, and mess around with a friend to see If I can get some results.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3835 on: November 06, 2010, 07:38:06 AM »

I never made it unhearable. The only way I can do so is by replacing the sound file. I can do this by putting it in TTT's content directory, so it won't replace the sound in normal gmodding. However, this is of course trivial to cheat around in an undetectable way (just replace sound file with your own). It seems preferable to have the sound for everyone so people learn to buy things when not near innocents, rather than have everyone think it's unhearable when to numerous people it won't be.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 07:44:18 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #3836 on: November 06, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »

hmm does that mean if we replace the C4 sound file with something REALLY loud and distinguishable, we will actually hear it?

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3837 on: November 06, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »

No, because the C4 sound is played by my code, so I can make its sound range low. The equip sound is played in the gmod code, which I can't modify.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3838 on: November 06, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »

New things in SVN:
Made flaregun scorch decals more reliable.
After death, you now spectate your ragdoll in first person for a few seconds before switching to third.
Continue vote popup after the round is now not shown until both fretta_votegraceperiod and ttt_fretta_votegracerounds have elapsed.
Fixed possessed-prop-glow showing up for spectated ragdolls.

There's no option to disable first person ragdolls as it's serverside. You can click at any point to switch to third, and when in third clicking will switch you to roaming as it always has.

ttt_fretta_votegracerounds (default 0) sets the number of rounds before the continue vote at the top of the screen should start showing up after a round. The default fretta convar fretta_votegraceperiod lets you set a delay in seconds after the map has loaded as well, but that's a hassle.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3839 on: November 06, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »

No, because the C4 sound is played by my code, so I can make its sound range low. The equip sound is played in the gmod code, which I can't modify.

If you can change the sound played, can't you also change how loud the sound is? And isn't the flashlight also gmod code? How'd you change that?
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length