Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:50:04 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700097 times)
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3740 on: October 26, 2010, 09:43:32 PM »

Is there currently any way to make something occur (map-wise like an output or whatnot) when the round officially begins (traitors are selected)?

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3741 on: October 26, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »

I was playing as traitor, planted a C4, and when it was 10 seconds from detonation with maybe five people within blast radius, a traitor chooses to disarm it and takes it for himself. This was obviously very annoying as he refused to give it back. Back when it was codes you'd have to choose to give away the code, but here traitors can just instantly disarm it as they want.

A possible fix: unless the original planter is dead, the C4 can't be disarmed by fellow traitors.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #3742 on: October 26, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »

Is there currently any way to make something occur (map-wise like an output or whatnot) when the round officially begins (traitors are selected)?

Yeah, just use the ttt_map_settings entity with the output RoundStart. You may need to update your ttt.fgd file.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3743 on: October 26, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »

Does that actually fire when traitors are picked? Or does it fire when the map is reloaded? Also I do need to update my FGD.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3744 on: October 27, 2010, 08:38:25 AM »

I was playing as traitor, planted a C4, and when it was 10 seconds from detonation with maybe five people within blast radius, a traitor chooses to disarm it and takes it for himself. This was obviously very annoying as he refused to give it back. Back when it was codes you'd have to choose to give away the code, but here traitors can just instantly disarm it as they want.

A possible fix: unless the original planter is dead, the C4 can't be disarmed by fellow traitors.

What an ass.

I'm not sure. If traitors cannot disarm a C4 at all times, it might be usable as a traitor checker again in some obscure way. On the other hand, this would only be for traitor-planted C4, and disarming is risky anyway, that should be enough to prevent abuse.

Does that actually fire when traitors are picked? Or does it fire when the map is reloaded? Also I do need to update my FGD.

It has separate outputs for when the preparation starts ("RoundPreparation" output) and when the actual round begins ("RoundStart"), which is when traitors are selected.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3745 on: October 27, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »

Noticed that the defuser does not work on C4.
You use it on C4 and it does not disarm it.
No errors given.

Does it on both my TTT and Fretta servers, also asked phoenix to check on his server, and he gets same result.

EDIT:
Upon checking log files I noticed these errors:
Lua Error: [gamemodes\terrortown\gamemode\scoring.lua:125] attempt to index local 'disarmer' (a nil value)
Lua Error: [gamemodes\terrortown\entities\entities\ttt_c4\shared.lua:478] attempt to call method 'GetArmed' (a nil value)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:44:09 PM by NaRyan »

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #3746 on: October 27, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »

Noticed that the defuser does not work on C4.
You use it on C4 and it does not disarm it.
No errors given.

Does it on both my TTT and Fretta servers, also asked phoenix to check on his server, and he gets same result.

I've noticed this on two v17 servers too.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3747 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »

Perhaps we change the teleporter. Currently you can mark inside an elevator and as it goes down, teleport into the shaft, becoming unkillable. Perhaps checking to see if the detective would land on solid ground if teleported.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3748 on: October 27, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »

Would you also possibly consider switching the teleport and mark telepost buttons around? I mean its primary use is to teleport, and its set to the secondary fire.
The reason i say this is because a traitor tried to get away with his tele but was panicking and hit fire instead of right click. I just think it makes more sense if it were switched.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #3749 on: October 28, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »

I know its not a large deal, but I have been killed for miss-clicking and instead of teleporting away from a few innocents, I marked a
teleport destination spot instead.

Primary fire - Teleport
Secondary Fire - Mark Destination.

I agree with Darkest. A simple change could prevent odd occasions such as the above from happening.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3750 on: October 28, 2010, 01:02:13 AM »

I almost always use the wrong button.
It's kinda unnatural.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3751 on: October 28, 2010, 07:45:42 AM »

C4 and teleport-on-elevator issues are noted.

It may be a day or two before I can look into things. I have just upgraded my PC and am using a clean Windows 7 install, so I don't have any of my dev stuff on it yet (or even gmod).

Would you also possibly consider switching the teleport and mark telepost buttons around? I mean its primary use is to teleport, and its set to the secondary fire.
The reason i say this is because a traitor tried to get away with his tele but was panicking and hit fire instead of right click. I just think it makes more sense if it were switched.

Not eager to switch the default at this point, because everyone who has learned the current setup would be screwed. Might add an option to switch the buttons. You know, I think I'll run a quick poll.

By the way, the reasoning was that if you accidentally mash the left mouse button etc you won't screw yourself with a teleport. You have to right click, which is a little less likely to be accidental.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3752 on: October 28, 2010, 08:49:05 AM »

I don't know if you consider this a glitch, or just a handy trick, but you can get over the total ammo reserve for a five7, or m16, if you buy a silence pistol after attaining the maximum ammo reserve.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #3753 on: October 29, 2010, 12:32:15 AM »

When you mark someone as "kill" or "missing" or whatever, a circle should appear above their name, similar to the red t above traitors. This would allow quicker friend/foe identification for players like me who keep an expansive list.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #3754 on: October 29, 2010, 01:47:23 AM »

That would be way overpowered.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3755 on: October 29, 2010, 04:19:48 AM »

Another glitch I've found is that if you jump into somebody at an angle you'll get stuck into them. The best way I can explain this is like you try to jump on somebodies head, but you failed to make the height required by like 2-5 inches and your feet clip their head/torso area. I believe you also have to be moving towards the jumping person, I don't know. This isn't much of a problem because it's very easy to get unstuck, but if you right click them with crowbar while they're in you, it builds up force. When the lower play moves the stuck player shoots off really far in a random direction. I'm assuming there may be no way to fix this any time soon.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3756 on: October 29, 2010, 07:27:35 AM »

Don't want to promise anything, but I should manage to get back in action today with some attention for the issues in v18.

I don't know if you consider this a glitch, or just a handy trick, but you can get over the total ammo reserve for a five7, or m16, if you buy a silence pistol after attaining the maximum ammo reserve.

It's kind of in between a trick and a bug. I'll put it on my list, but it'll be low priority.

Another glitch I've found is that if you jump into somebody at an angle you'll get stuck into them. The best way I can explain this is like you try to jump on somebodies head, but you failed to make the height required by like 2-5 inches and your feet clip their head/torso area. I believe you also have to be moving towards the jumping person, I don't know. This isn't much of a problem because it's very easy to get unstuck, but if you right click them with crowbar while they're in you, it builds up force. When the lower play moves the stuck player shoots off really far in a random direction. I'm assuming there may be no way to fix this any time soon.

Yeah, sounds like Source-iness that's going to be hard to fix. If only the stuck player, who does the crowbarring himself, is affected it's not a huge problem either because they can simply not crowbar in that situation.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:29:16 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3757 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »

Some updates now in the SVN:
Fixed Defuser.
Teleporter can no longer mark on anything that isn't the world (elevators, props).
Thrown knife now kills instantly when thrown from a reasonable distance.
Tuned throwing velocity for knife and grenades, arcs now more useful.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3758 on: October 29, 2010, 01:26:34 PM »

Running lastest update my ttt server seems to be all working well

Edit:
When a knife is thrown but doesnt kill Does the knife have dna? i scanned one and got no dna back from it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 06:15:56 AM by hayhay89 »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3759 on: October 30, 2010, 08:26:22 AM »

No, knives never have DNA. That would make it really risky to throw. I think the chance of missing is already a big enough downside.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length