Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:56:29 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702659 times)
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3700 on: October 23, 2010, 04:37:27 AM »

2 things.

1. I saw the muzzle flash when someone took out a teleporter.
2. You can select dead traitors to give credits to, i didnt try it so i dont know what happens, but just saying.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3701 on: October 23, 2010, 08:30:12 AM »

1) I guess hiding the model isn't enough to fix that then. I don't want to switch models on the teleporter if I can help it, so I'll do some more investigating.

A temporary workaround is to take out the teleporter for the first time when no one can see you. It only seems to happen that first time so after that it'll be safe.

2) The transfer will fail, but it shouldn't list them of course. Easy to fix.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3702 on: October 23, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »

Some stuff now in the SVN:
- Round log events for C4 disarms
- New Newton Launcher icon
- Fixed dead players showing in credit transfer list.
- Fixed serverside Lua error in credit transfer that prevented the receiving player from getting a notice about his new credit.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3703 on: October 23, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »

is it just me having a problen with ttt_karma_persist ????
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3704 on: October 23, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »

is it just me having a problen with ttt_karma_persist ????

You'll have to be more specific than that.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3705 on: October 23, 2010, 10:36:31 PM »

Does the poltergiest only push in one direction? Because i thought it used to push in a random direction.

A prop was against a wall and i shot a polter at it. For every explosion push it just went into the wall, so it didnt go anywhere, being useless.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #3706 on: October 23, 2010, 11:38:03 PM »

You'll have to be more specific than that.

Well i put it in My server config And nothing happens at all

When i put in rcon ttt_karma_persist
"ttt_karma_persist" = "1" ( def. "0" )

this is what i get i assume it says 1 meaning its enabled but its still not working
it just restores karma each map
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3707 on: October 23, 2010, 11:55:27 PM »

Have you changed anything to do with the number of starting credits for traitors?
On Alters server, which is 18 slots max, with a max of 3 traitors, suddenly even when all 3 traitor positions are filled, traitors start with 2 credits. She hasn't changed any Cvars.

Also, I think the SP is a littler too overpowered. It's REALLY easy to go on an SP rampage and kill a good 6 people.

Oh also:

We were alive, and we could see his name in yellow in chat.
Multiple people confirmed this.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:38:21 AM by JoTheShmo »
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3708 on: October 24, 2010, 12:53:14 AM »

Have you changed anything to do with the number of starting credits for traitors?
On Alters server, which is 18 slots max, with a max of 3 traitors, suddenly even when all 3 traitor positions are filled, traitors start with 2 credits. She hasn't changed any Cvars.

Also, I think the SP is a littler too overpowered. It's REALLY easy to go on an SP rampage and kill a good 6 people.

Oh also:

I'm pretty sure it's because the last words usermessage is sent out twice. Very unlikely to happen. Atleast it's not like my last words exploit where you can do it on command ^^
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3709 on: October 24, 2010, 02:57:09 AM »

Lately I've been seeing lots of SP killing sprees, so I gotta agree based on statistics, but then again you gotta think people can do that with any gun. Although when it comes to sniping the SP is probably better, or as good as a sniper.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3710 on: October 24, 2010, 04:24:14 AM »

Does the poltergiest only push in one direction? Because i thought it used to push in a random direction.

A prop was against a wall and i shot a polter at it. For every explosion push it just went into the wall, so it didnt go anywhere, being useless.

Bad luck.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3711 on: October 24, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »

It's never been a random direction. It can seem that way because objects tend to spin when flying. The only reason to shoot it at a prop sitting against a wall is if there's a bunch of people near that prop. A controlled series of explosions in one place is pretty deadly.

This was done after the knife nerf to balance things by letting traitors get a slot 7 and a slot 8 at the start of the round.

Seems like it could be a rare timing thing: he sent the "traitor" radio command milliseconds before he died, so the server sent that chat text to other players, but to those players he was already dead when they received it so his name is yellow. That would be my theory.

Lately I've been seeing lots of SP killing sprees, so I gotta agree based on statistics, but then again you gotta think people can do that with any gun. Although when it comes to sniping the SP is probably better, or as good as a sniper.

I'll check it out and nudge the values a little.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3712 on: October 24, 2010, 05:43:07 PM »

Can you make it so theres a message if you get a credit from another traitor, like through transfer?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3713 on: October 24, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »

There is, it's just bugged in v16. It's already fixed in SVN.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3714 on: October 24, 2010, 06:07:24 PM »

Meant to ask this in the last post but forgot.

Is it possible to atribute kills to players if they kill someone with a flare gunned body? Like when the body is on fire and it burns you.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #3715 on: October 24, 2010, 07:26:39 PM »

The C4 appears to be still bugged. As a traitor, I placed a C4 and decided to arm it in a different area, when I selected the "Pick up C4" button from its context menu, I saw the C4 disappear however I didn't obtain it back into my inventory.

Has anyone else experienced this as well since the most recent update?
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3716 on: October 24, 2010, 09:12:27 PM »

I never use the SP, mainly because I am paranoid that people are looking at me and will spam that I am traitor as soon as they see the model.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3717 on: October 24, 2010, 10:06:56 PM »

Meant to ask this in the last post but forgot.

Is it possible to atribute kills to players if they kill someone with a flare gunned body? Like when the body is on fire and it burns you.

haha
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3718 on: October 24, 2010, 11:53:19 PM »

If player X is first person spectating player Y, and player Y dies, player X is never kicked out of player Y, and some weird things happen, where he follows player Ys key presses, but not his mouse movements.

Also, for those end-of-round sounds, a much more useful way to do it would be this:
Host the sound on ttt.badking.net
In game, at round ends, open an invisible HTMLPanel to a very small audio player that plays the sound effects, then close it.
This way, even when you are alt+tabbed, you can hear the sound.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:51:14 AM by JoTheShmo »
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3719 on: October 25, 2010, 03:37:16 AM »

Yeah i've seen that, possessing players is weird.

Also seen some laggyy stuff when possessing ships ane ect.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length