Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:44 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699878 times)
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3680 on: October 20, 2010, 10:30:48 AM »

Do you think a secondary fire for the polterguist would be OP?

Right-Click:

Attachs an explosive onto a prop, and can be triggered by someone touching the prop (or perhaps close proximatey). Visible but not glowing and  it is only 1 explosion. Perhaps explodes similar to an incen grenade so people don't know it is a polterguist.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #3681 on: October 20, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »

Yeah that must explain how I shot the poltergeist onto myself. I was wearing a mask as well.
Braegh
Poster

« Reply #3682 on: October 20, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »

Do you think a secondary fire for the polterguist would be OP?

Right-Click:

Attachs an explosive onto a prop, and can be triggered by someone touching the prop (or perhaps close proximatey). Visible but not glowing and  it is only 1 explosion. Perhaps explodes similar to an incen grenade so people don't know it is a polterguist.

Two words: body bomb. Well, that and 'HEALTH STATION JUST BLEW ME UP WTF!'.

Though I do like the idea of a separate function for the poltergeist, I'd prefer it to work at any range. Long-range poltergeist sniping props seems to me like it'd be an awesome way to kill someone. (and/or make them paranoid). I've seen groups of people in perfect poltergeisting formation only to find out I couldn't hit the damn prop at range.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3683 on: October 20, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »

The problem with long poltergeist range is that it would be a bit easy to pop out of cover very far away and dump a puncher on a corpse, then pop back into cover. This seems overpowered in the right hands. Maybe a binocular-like charge-up for distant targets would help, as you'd at least have to expose yourself for a moment.
Braegh
Poster

« Reply #3684 on: October 20, 2010, 04:53:47 PM »

The problem with long poltergeist range is that it would be a bit easy to pop out of cover very far away and dump a puncher on a corpse, then pop back into cover. This seems overpowered in the right hands. Maybe a binocular-like charge-up for distant targets would help, as you'd at least have to expose yourself for a moment.

Having a right-click charge-up similar to the newton launcher sounds like it'd be a good way to allow something like this. Left click for the quick shot, right click for the precise one.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3685 on: October 20, 2010, 07:14:38 PM »

Can't be exactly like the Newton's, or you could charge up in cover and still only pop out for an instant. With Binocular-style I mean you need to keep the cursor on the target for a moment.

Anyway, some C4 tweaks are in the SVN build: more unsafe wires at lower timers, and a failed disarm causes a smaller explosion (it's between half and a third of the original radius). When you place a bomb, you also can't fail to disarm it, even if you're not a traitor (to make abuse harder). I haven't added the planned round log events for disarms yet, these are just quick tweaks in case garry decides to do a release tomorrow.

edit: Oh he released one today. Thaaaat's our garry!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:31:45 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3686 on: October 20, 2010, 08:45:41 PM »

Just updated my server and this error shows on screen everytime the round ends (traitor/innocent win)

[terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoring.lua:584] attempt to index local 'e' (a number value)

The round end Scoreboard with Innocent Win. Traitors Win does not show.

Using TTT v16 (one that comes with GMOD Update), also tried the SVN version and same error.

Edit:
Corrected every kill to round end.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:40:17 PM by NaRyan »

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3687 on: October 20, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

Oh great, garry broke the GLON module. I use it for the round report, so that's broken now too. Luckily it's not completely game-breaking.

Well, hopefully garry will patch this soon. If not, I will replace the round report stuff with something custom made, but that'll take a few days too.

Downgrading the /lua/includes/modules/glon.lua file to the previous version will probably work. I'll see if I can get a link up here.

edit:
You could try replacing that file with this version (from GMod v102): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79559/glon.lua
So it goes in /garrysmod/lua/includes/modules/ on the server.

I've no idea if that works, but you can give it a shot. Gotta go sleep now.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:54:56 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
SpiderTTT
Poster

« Reply #3688 on: October 20, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »

After adding this I get this.

[terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoring.lua:645] attempt to index global 'glon' (a nil value)

[lua\includes\modules\datastream.lua:470] attempt to index upvalue 'glon' (a nil value)

And it doesn't work also.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #3689 on: October 21, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »

[terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoring.lua:584] attempt to index local 'e' (a number value)

After playing a round with the new update, I choose wire from a c4 to defuse it, chose the wrong wire, the c4 blew up, and the round ended with this LUA error.

Several other players can confirm they saw the identical error. This literally happened 2 minutes ago.

Any ideas as to what it means?
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3690 on: October 21, 2010, 01:43:02 AM »

Use Overv's build 101 glon module.
http://pastebin.com/K7MNVi12
BaconManRules
Poster

« Reply #3691 on: October 21, 2010, 02:12:43 AM »

Ya Overv's build 101 glon module didn't work for me and I'm hoping garry will fix this problem soon. Anyone start a thread or email so he can see it's an issue?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3692 on: October 21, 2010, 07:59:28 AM »

Garry will know it's an issue, it was already posted about yesterday at Facepunch, along with the fix he needs to make.

If replacing the glon.lua doesn't work, we'll just have to wait.

edit:
Gmod patch out later today apparently.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:05:40 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3693 on: October 21, 2010, 12:10:29 PM »

Just tried the GMOD SVN and the GLON error that was stopping TTT end of round scoreboard from working is fixed :)

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
BaconManRules
Poster

« Reply #3694 on: October 21, 2010, 08:59:15 PM »

*Jizz*
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #3695 on: October 22, 2010, 04:43:04 PM »

I have a DNA scanner idea or two:
1. You should be able to scan live people.
2. The DNA should combine if it's from the same source, and the more sources you get someone's DNA off of, the more powerful it is.
Example:
1 source: 25 percent slower then it is now
2 sources: As fast as it is now
3 sources: 25 percent faster then it is now.
4 sources: Wallhack, basically.

Pros: Traitors will have to be more careful about going on reckless rampages, and want to kill detectives even more
Cons: Detectives will be distracted going around with their DNA scanner out scanning everything, open to being killed.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3696 on: October 22, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »

I have a DNA scanner idea or two:
1. You should be able to scan live people.
2. The DNA should combine if it's from the same source, and the more sources you get someone's DNA off of, the more powerful it is.
Example:
1 source: 25 percent slower then it is now
2 sources: As fast as it is now
3 sources: 25 percent faster then it is now.
4 sources: Wallhack, basically.

Pros: Traitors will have to be more careful about going on reckless rampages, and want to kill detectives even more
Cons: Detectives will be distracted going around with their DNA scanner out scanning everything, open to being killed.

Why? DNA is already very useful, if a bit to much.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3697 on: October 22, 2010, 10:48:50 PM »

Detectives are getting a credit for every traitor death, doesn't matter if they killed them.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3698 on: October 22, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »

That's by design, has been like that for a very long time. Servers can configure it to be kill-only instead of course, but the default is any traitor death.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3699 on: October 23, 2010, 02:11:04 AM »

Oh. For the longest time it only happened when they got a kill.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length