Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:11:53 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699063 times)
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3620 on: October 11, 2010, 07:28:10 PM »

That really begin to encourage people and make them be wusses.
Persistent karma is terrible anyways.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3621 on: October 11, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »

I think it's an interesting experiment. It's quite easy to add, though I'll make it a falloff curve instead of just going from 30 down to 3 as soon as you go above starting karma.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3622 on: October 11, 2010, 10:54:08 PM »

That really begin to encourage people and make them be wusses.
Persistent karma is terrible anyways.

Without persistent karma it matters little to none, any damage reduction you get will be gone the next map.  I do not wish to imply the system is obsolete, but adding a longer term attachment to your karma will give something extra to compete with.
Think of it as rankings in a RTS game, they have absolutely no use besides being fun and giving you a longer term goal to reach. Seeing as yanking your internet cable out to get the infamous DC won't be of any use here, there's little to lose  :)

If we look at encouraging people to think twice before they act it would be a good thing. We've all had occasions where the evidence looked solid and ended up wasting an innocent.
Normally you wouldn't care less, accidents happen and is perfectly fine. However giving you a little extra thing to consider which would be your own long term karma might make a few people think twice before acting, while not necessarily  forcing you to actually be more careful as its merely *e-peen*.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3623 on: October 12, 2010, 05:28:51 AM »

I would love persistent karma if the following was in place:

Killing someone that killed an innocent makes you lose no karma.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3624 on: October 12, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »

I would love persistent karma if the following was in place:

Killing someone that killed an innocent makes you lose no karma.

This is already sort of in place. You lose less karma when that happens.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3625 on: October 12, 2010, 04:37:26 PM »

The karma round increment falloff is now in the SVN. It decays exponentially the further your karma is above the starting level. The rate can be configured using ttt_karma_clean_half. It defaults to 0.25, which means the round bonus is halved when the player is a quarter of the way (25% = 0.25) from the starting karma to the max karma. So if karma starts at 1000 and maxes at 1500, then a player who has 1125 karma will only get about 15 karma per clean round instead of 30. If you set the convar to 0.1, it would already be halved at 1050 karma, and so on.

Currently it only affects the round bonus, but I'm thinking it should also affect other increases. Killing a traitor gives quite a significant bonus.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3626 on: October 12, 2010, 06:38:43 PM »

Have you ever thought of implementing a TF2-style dot that lands where you're aiming when zoomed in with a sniper-rifle? This could add something interesting to the gameplay, because people could tell when someone was zoomed-in and aiming at/near them before they were shot. It might be a little too unbalanced though.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #3627 on: October 14, 2010, 12:41:32 AM »

Just noticed fast weapon switch doesn't work in the latest version.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3628 on: October 14, 2010, 01:55:06 AM »

Also when people are auto-slayed for being AFK, maybe they could go to the spectator team instead of MIA? It makes it easier to see who is actually AFK and who's just dead.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #3629 on: October 14, 2010, 03:30:42 AM »

You can put this under the very rare, and strange.  I had a poltergeist backfire on me, sticking to my body, and flinging me all around a map.  Happened when a innocent walked right in front of me in directly in my line of fire as I was aiming at a barrel.   
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3630 on: October 14, 2010, 03:37:46 AM »

Would you ever think of a credit giving system for the traitors? Maybe accesible from the c-menu or tab.
For times when you have extra credits and dont need anything, you could open a menu and send a traitor a credit if they need one. It wouldnt add any more complexity to the game or anything like that.

Thoughts?
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3631 on: October 14, 2010, 04:09:11 AM »

Sounds awesome, and maybe for detectives too. I don't see how this could be bad. If you give a credit to an ally so he can get a teleporter, and silence pistol, then that leaves you as just a a traitor with guns. So there's decent pros and cons. Maybe another con to doing it, would be actually contact with the fellow traitor before giving it to him.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3632 on: October 14, 2010, 04:22:18 AM »

If you have too many credits, buy an item for a buddy and then drop it for them. Could even be clever and have a drop off point like in some nook.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #3633 on: October 14, 2010, 04:41:03 AM »

What if you want to buy your friend a radar?

What will you do then, Jossi?

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3634 on: October 14, 2010, 04:50:40 AM »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3635 on: October 14, 2010, 08:32:02 AM »

Just noticed fast weapon switch doesn't work in the latest version.

You're talking about the menu option right, where scrolling immediately switches to the next gun?
(edit: tested, and that's working fine here)

Also when people are auto-slayed for being AFK, maybe they could go to the spectator team instead of MIA? It makes it easier to see who is actually AFK and who's just dead.

I'll put it on my list.
(edit: fixed now in the SVN build)

You can put this under the very rare, and strange.  I had a poltergeist backfire on me, sticking to my body, and flinging me all around a map.  Happened when a innocent walked right in front of me in directly in my line of fire as I was aiming at a barrel.  

I'll go over the checks that should prevent that.

Would you ever think of a credit giving system for the traitors? Maybe accesible from the c-menu or tab.
For times when you have extra credits and dont need anything, you could open a menu and send a traitor a credit if they need one. It wouldnt add any more complexity to the game or anything like that.

Thoughts?

I guess a tab for it wouldn't hurt anybody.
(edit: has been added in the SVN build)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:02:33 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #3636 on: October 14, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »

Oh, its when scrolling your mouse?  I was thinking it did the same with number keys.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3637 on: October 14, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »

Actually I'm pretty sure the poltergeist thing is from some little custom content on 2 of ECGs servers, the masks.
The poltergeist sticks to the mask and it is hilarious.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3638 on: October 14, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »

Does anyone else see like a muzzle flash whenever someone takes out a newton launcher or teleporter? Or is it just my computer being crap? Because if it is supposed to be there could it possible be removed at least for the tele, because that kinda gives you away.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #3639 on: October 14, 2010, 11:29:26 PM »

Does anyone else see like a muzzle flash whenever someone takes out a newton launcher or teleporter? Or is it just my computer being crap? Because if it is supposed to be there could it possible be removed at least for the tele, because that kinda gives you away.

I have, on many occasions. I believe it's a persistent client-sided bug which tends to occur at least for me, 80% of the every time I see a player take out a newton launcher. I really can only relate in terms of the newton launcher. I can't say I've seen it happen with other traitor weapons, at least not yet.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length