Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:05:28 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1698749 times)
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3600 on: October 09, 2010, 12:53:56 AM »

Can we get some kind of HUD indicator ontop of the lines for the knife saying 1 hit kill? While playing on DNR some innocent got a knife and thought the lines ment it was a traitor, the guy ended up being a traitor, but nobody else could explain the lines until I went through the knife code.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 01:49:07 AM by StormX »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3601 on: October 09, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »

Apparently the viewer thing for detectives (forget the name) becomes buggy after the game switches into overtime mode.

I doubt that that would be it, there's probably a different reason.

The effect seems to kinda mess up when you're in spectator mode though.

What do you mean by "mess up"? Screenshot?

Can we get some kind of HUD indicator ontop of the lines for the knife saying 1 hit kill? While playing on DNR some innocent got a knife and thought the lines ment it was a traitor, the guy ended up being a traitor, but nobody else could explain the lines until I went through the knife code.

The lines being red probably played a part as well. I'll see what I can think up.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:03:28 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
StormX
Poster

« Reply #3602 on: October 09, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »

I doubt that that would be it, there's probably a different reason.
What do you mean by "mess up"? Screenshot?
The lines being red probably played a part as well. I'll see what I can think up.

Just found the perfect solution :D
if ply:GetTraitor() == ROLE_TRAITOR then
<hud code here>
end

So we wont have innocents killing people because they think they are a traitor because they won't be able to see the lines.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:32:48 PM by StormX »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3603 on: October 09, 2010, 01:57:17 PM »

Apparently the viewer thing for detectives (forget the name) becomes buggy after the game switches into overtime mode.
I haven't tested this theory yet, but I will update this post once I do.
The effect seems to kinda mess up when you're in spectator mode though.

I have not yet run into this, the only thing I've noticed with the visualizer is that the effect stays after a new round has started for a few seconds.
Obviously due to the visualizer being present on round end and the effect fades away when the visualizer is no longer present.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3604 on: October 09, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »

Just committed some stuff to the SVN, including clearer knife instakill indicators, and I've made the visualizer not start up the effect during post-round, which should prevent them still showing during the next one (unless post phase is very short).

There was also a bug in the C4 where picking it up after planting wasn't working, which is now fixed.

I also made burning corpses no longer searchable. Searching them during those few seconds wasn't really an intended mechanic. Might do something with extinguishing in the future, as per one of the threads.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 03:36:54 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #3605 on: October 09, 2010, 03:37:57 PM »

Not entirely sure if anyone else has experienced the following but I want to throw it out there anyways.

I've experienced having semi-transparent "ERROR" models appear when a visualizer was being used. The blue projection lines still appeared fine, however the blue player stances were simply error models.

This only occurred during overtime mode for both myself and another player who experienced the same problem.

Perhaps this is simply a client-sided bug that just happened to appear? If someone could additionally confirm they experienced the same issue, perhaps this is worth looking into.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3606 on: October 09, 2010, 03:46:53 PM »

What was the playermodel for that round?

Has the effect worked for you in other rounds?
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #3607 on: October 09, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »

It took place on ttt_alt_borders, so the player model was a terrorist model from CS:S. Oddly enough, on a map change to ttt_canyon, where the player models are the same, the visualizer was completely functional.

Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3608 on: October 09, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »

Just committed some stuff to the SVN, including clearer knife instakill indicators

How about making the indicators show when holding other weapons, as long as you have a knife in your inventory? I don't think you should have to wield the knife to see if someone can be stabbed for instant death, as you can be easily spotted when doing so.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3609 on: October 09, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »

No. It's just an extra indicator. You already know that someone who is "Wounded" or worse can be instakilled. It's not worth turning into a general HUD item whenever you happen to own a knife, when you may have no intention of using it yet.
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

oh god not the snorks nooo

« Reply #3610 on: October 10, 2010, 02:38:03 AM »

I kind of liked the mechanic of searching burning bodies: chasing gunshots and grabbing vital information just as you see the traitor vanishing around a corner, but being unable to prove it to anybody.

Maps:
zm_air  zm_powderkeg  zm_voodoo  zm_endgame ttt_airbus ttt_siege
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3611 on: October 10, 2010, 04:03:42 AM »

Could you possibly make the "Body Search" screen have the players name in the title of the DFrame?
This way it will be easier to verify who the search is on when someone posts a screenshot of someone's kill list or something.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3612 on: October 10, 2010, 07:39:53 AM »

Take a screenshot of the event log. It's a lot more useful than the kill list. In actuality you needn't take one of the kill list, at all, if you have the event log. It's really nice and neat with a bunch of red X's to get the RDMer banned.

EDIT: Also a legit admin wouldn't ban with a kill list screenshot, because he has no clue how many are traitors, or innocents, OR if it was actual RDM because it doesn't show the time frame between kills. Like, was it rambo RDMING, or just casual, etc. etc.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:42:36 AM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3613 on: October 10, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »

I kind of liked the mechanic of searching burning bodies: chasing gunshots and grabbing vital information just as you see the traitor vanishing around a corner, but being unable to prove it to anybody.

In practice it's more: quickly ID the corpse in a split second and run after the traitor, rather than doing anything with the body search info.

Could you possibly make the "Body Search" screen have the players name in the title of the DFrame?
This way it will be easier to verify who the search is on when someone posts a screenshot of someone's kill list or something.

Sure, can't hurt.
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #3614 on: October 10, 2010, 04:08:41 PM »

I've experienced having semi-transparent "ERROR" models appear when a visualizer was being used. The blue projection lines still appeared fine, however the blue player stances were simply error models.

I've experienced a bug similar to this on a map using CT playermodels, but I'm not sure if it would apply for all custom playermodels. Other players on the server also reported it.

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3615 on: October 10, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »

Binoculars are generally useless and extremely extremely situational, I use them on maybe 2 maps as detective.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3616 on: October 10, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »

For the Visualizer I've added a fallback to the phoenix terrorist model if the effect can't get at the victim's playermodel for whatever reason. We'll see if that fixes it.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3617 on: October 11, 2010, 12:19:53 AM »

I set a visualizer down, and I believe it was destroyed, but I don't know for sure. It at least wasn't there anymore.
When someone died within the range of the visualizer, it gave this error:
[effects\crimescene_dummy\init.lua:70] attempt to index field 'Dummy' (a nil value)

Also, everyone who was in the range of the previously destroyed visualizer turned black, like this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2066782/Pics/black.png

Edit:
Also, just wondering, if they are, when are the achievments going to be implemented?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:17:57 AM by JoTheShmo »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3618 on: October 11, 2010, 07:55:28 AM »

I'll take a look at the error.

I'm as in the dark as you are about achievements. I have not heard a single word from garry about them. Wouldn't be surprised if they were never added, to be honest.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3619 on: October 11, 2010, 03:13:32 PM »

Now that we have persistent karma its quite appealing to have a higher max karma value to distinguish long term players as well as allowing a little competition on the server.
While this itself can already be done, in its current state its too easy to get a high karma level.

What I'd like to suggest is an additional cvar (ttt_karma_max_penalty)  that lowers the karma you gain once you are above to default karma.

For example you'd normally gain 30 karma for a clean round, if you're above ttt_karma_starting it would be reduced to lets say 3 karma.
This means you'd have to play really well to get a high karma level and making a mistake would bring you down considerably as well as prevent players from gaining a high karma buffer which gives them less penalty on the long term.
Ideally this system would encourage players who value their karma level on the server to play clean in order to keep their ranking.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length