Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:24:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699758 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3540 on: September 26, 2010, 08:14:25 AM »

As a side note, I've noticed you can't destroy a health station with guns now, only a crowbar? Is that intentional?

Anything should damage it, not just the crowbar (though the detective owner can't damage it, maybe that was it?).
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3541 on: September 26, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »

Perhaps :P Yeah I was the detective trying to destroy my health station so no traitors could use it, but I could still crowbar it, just not shoot it. Never noticed it until now.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3542 on: September 26, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »

The new equipment I posted screenshots of is now in the gmod SVN build of TTT. These are currently the main changes compared to v14:
Added Visualizer equipment for Detectives.
Changed text references to bindings to show the actual bound keys.
Changed DNA Scanner to require corpse identification before sampling.
Fixed removal of entity (eg. C4) also removing DNA gathered from it.
Fixed flashlight-related weapon-silencing exploit.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3543 on: September 26, 2010, 07:48:57 PM »

I have noticed lately that when a player dies from idle/AFK it no longer shows the "[AUTOMATED MESSAGE] I have been moved to the Spectator team because I was idle/AFK." message.

Don't know if it's another GMOD bug or what.
It's just that is has the habit of causing another players death if they are near the player who drops dead from AFK :(

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3544 on: September 26, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »

It's been reported before, but I can't reproduce it at all. Not on a dedicated server, not on a listen server.

Just committed a potential fix to the SVN. No way of testing if it's going to help, obviously.

Also added some Visualizer-related files to the build that I forgot to add earlier today.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3545 on: September 27, 2010, 02:41:21 AM »

"Changed DNA Scanner to require corpse identification before sampling."
Why.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3546 on: September 27, 2010, 08:27:22 AM »

Traitors are the stealthy ones, not Detectives.
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #3547 on: September 27, 2010, 12:08:39 PM »

Traitors are the stealthy ones, not Detectives.

But it was fun to hit traitors when they weren't expecting it :[
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3548 on: September 27, 2010, 01:07:07 PM »

.....Just committed a potential fix to the SVN. No way of testing if it's going to help, obviously.

idle/AFK messages are working again. :)

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3549 on: September 27, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »

I do have to say, it's REALLY risky, but as an innocent if I get a DNA scanner I will scan freshly killed bodies and then track down the killer hoping that since their guard is down I can sneak up on them and blast them away. I figure it's worth the risk of leaving an unidentified body, but I have gotten killed for it before.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3550 on: September 29, 2010, 11:45:12 AM »

Couple of bugs I've noticed.

Bans occurring from TTT to sourcemod won't have the proper format. Name change bans currently show up as reason "changed", I assume this should be "changed name" and that the quotes were left out in the code? For reference, sourcemod uses: sm_ban name time "reason"

Double props occur on map clean up. On some maps both a physic and static version of the prop will spawn, its usually bottles/plants/cardboard file bins. You should be able to see this occurring on cs_office, I'll get a picture of this later.

None bug related, was there a reason for removing the teleporter from the Detective item list? I quite liked this little gadget for the detective back in the day and I assume its been removed to prevent confusion when the detective gives it to someone else or gets killed and an innocent picks it up?

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3551 on: September 29, 2010, 01:32:10 PM »

Will fix the SM thing. (edit: fixed in SVN)

I'll look at map cleanup. Garry's clientside map cleanup stuff might be broken. Is this v14 or the SVN build?

The Teleporter was removed for Detectives because Detectives would camp in a room (eg. richland attic) and only come out to check specific corpses, immediately teleporting back afterwards. This was a while ago though, and the survivability of detectives has become a more important issue. Perhaps it should be re-added. All the uses I can think of right now are of the defensive/camping type though, hmmm.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:07:32 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #3552 on: September 29, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »

Will fix the SM thing. (edit: fixed in SVN)

I'll look at map cleanup. Garry's clientside map cleanup stuff might be broken. Is this v14 or the SVN build?

The Teleporter was removed for Detectives because Detectives would camp in a room (eg. richland attic) and only come out to check specific corpses, immediately teleporting back afterwards. This was a while ago though, and the survivability of detectives has become a more important issue. Perhaps it should be re-added. All the uses I can think of right now are of the defensive/camping type though, hmmm.

They could use it for quick escapes like on Lost Temple if they get stuck in the spike room.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3553 on: September 29, 2010, 02:47:43 PM »

Traps are a good point. I'll re-add it and we'll see how it goes.

NedStar, it looks like the duplication is a gmod bug: it also happens in sandbox if you load up a CS:S map (or probably any map with prop_physics_multiplayer). The doubles are clientside "ghosts" of sorts, they won't have any gameplay effect other than distraction. They also don't keep on doubling or anything, it's just the one copy existing after map load/reset, so it won't cause crashes.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3554 on: September 29, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »

While I see the camping problem, the other side of the coin would be that it encourages Detectives to actively walk out and do something rather then barricade into a room as some do.
The main reason why I liked using it would be that I could walk across the map and easily teleport to a crowded part of the map where killings tend to occur or escape from a trap on lost temple.

A possible counter idea against teleporting/DNA/radar from Detectives, something along the lines of a signal jamming item for the traitors to use, might make a good addition to the Traitors arsenal.
A jamming device which emits some noise and can only be planted on a surface to prevent it from being dropped down in a shaft somewhere thus making it unreachable, would allow traitors a bit more freedom as well as limiting possible threats from Detectives. It would also make sure that Detectives are unable to always rely on their gear to work.
Innocents would have to shoot the jamming device to eliminate it, perhaps an additional option for the current radio item?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:53:38 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3555 on: September 29, 2010, 07:34:17 PM »

Perhaps Detectives should get a modified Teleporter, that has a recharge time like the DNA Scanner.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3556 on: September 30, 2010, 12:23:41 AM »

The disabler thing sounds cool.
Maybe a traitor could plant it like a C4, and all detective electronics (radar, health station, teleporter, ect) that were in the radius would get disabled.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3557 on: September 30, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »

How about adding another two quick commands for the suit zoom key - I was thinking of 8 having "Alive check." and 9 having ""I am alive."

Some communities already have these, and I don't see why not since there currently are three unused keys on it.
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #3558 on: September 30, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »

How about adding another two quick commands for the suit zoom key - I was thinking of 8 having "Alive check." and 9 having ""I am alive."

Some communities already have these, and I don't see why not since there currently are three unused keys on it.

"I am alive." is useless when you can just say anything from the menu to show that you're alive :P
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3559 on: September 30, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »

Would you ever think about making the 'Missing' option on the scoreboard be 'Dead'? Because if someone doesnt respond to an alive check, i usually put kill because well, why wouldnt you reply unless your a traitor or stupid? And if someone has last words or i see them fall off a cliff or something, id rather set them to dead than missing.
Just a thought. I think it makes more sense that way.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length