Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:21 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700381 times)
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3520 on: September 22, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »

That is damn nifty, this sure is a lot easier then looking at blood splatters. Also many thanks for the changes to the auto-ban system, I like to keep all my bans nice and tidy in sourcebans.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
NaPStone2
Poster

I AM UNORGINAL SO I USE THIS GIF

« Reply #3521 on: September 22, 2010, 06:31:52 PM »

Will it show it to everyone or just the detective?

maybe u shud w8
then stream got time 4 ur rqest later
and u downlad
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3522 on: September 22, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »

Everyone.

I'm still thinking about stuff like ammo/recharge limitations. I'm not entirely certain it will be so useful that it has to be restricted to X charges or something like that. When there's a limit on something people tend to be overly conservative about spending it, and that would be a shame.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3523 on: September 22, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »

People are still using a flashlight to silence their weapon.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3524 on: September 22, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »

How?
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3525 on: September 22, 2010, 08:47:26 PM »

I assume by turning on/off their flash light the split second after they shoot. I know for you if you do it quickly enough you can cut off the noise of the shot pretty much entirely, but I had no idea that it cut off the sound for anyone else.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3526 on: September 22, 2010, 10:20:49 PM »

Looks like we're gonna have to restrict the flashlight even more. I think citizen told them about this, to spite us in his doom rip off.

Side note, why is gmod so broken?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3527 on: September 23, 2010, 03:03:39 AM »

Side note, why is gmod so broken?

Garry 'nuff said.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3528 on: September 23, 2010, 07:34:18 AM »

I have some ideas on how to circumvent the problem.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3529 on: September 23, 2010, 04:37:21 PM »

[terrortown\gamemode\vgui\sb_row.lua:63] attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)(Hook: TTTScoreboardColorForPlayer)
TTTScoreboardColorForPlayer hook returned something that isn't a color!

When you press tab.

[terrortown\gamemode\cl_voice.lua:550] attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)(Hook: Tick)

When you press your key to talk on the mic.

Both get spammed if you hold them up on your screen. Right now I'm assuming it's to do with my name being a different colour on the tab, but on the mic others are reporting the same error.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3530 on: September 23, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »

No, the IsAdmin method should never be nil like that. That's a more fundamental problem nothing to do with TTT. I don't know if it's a gmod problem or a server plugin or what.

I don't get the errors in testing.

I have some ideas on how to circumvent the problem.

I think I have a fix. If so, you should not be able to do the exploit with the rifle. I personally can't, while I can do it quite easily with other guns. If you do have a way of silencing the rifle using the flashlight sound, let me know.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 05:20:50 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3531 on: September 23, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »

Well the errors were only occuring after a gmod update. And as something extra, the error:

[terrortown\gamemode\cl_voice.lua:550] attempt to call method 'IsAdmin' (a nil value)(Hook: Tick)

only occurs during the round phase. The beginning of the round, the end of the round, and when you're dead or spectate doesn't bring this error up when you talk on the mic.

The error for tab I'm not sure what's causing that.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3532 on: September 23, 2010, 05:27:16 PM »

That error only occurs during a round is because during pre and postround the voice drain battery code is not active. It checks for adminship in determining how fast the battery drains.

Someone on Facepunch is reporting that IsAdmin/IsUserGroup are broken on the client since a small update that was released earlier, so it looks like it's a gmod bug.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3533 on: September 23, 2010, 06:25:54 PM »

Hmmm well the voice battery made me wonder if that was what was causing it. So I removed the commands/cvars for that in the cfg, and sure enough it fixed the mic errors. Just for test purposes I removed the lua file that has the scoreboard colours in, but the error still occurs when you hold up tab, so I guess I'll need to wait for another gmod update to fix that.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3534 on: September 24, 2010, 11:30:16 AM »

People are still using a flashlight to silence their weapon.

Just committed a fix to the GMod SVN. It completely prevents the flashlight sound from playing, which also prevents it from overriding gun sounds. The only change is in player.lua so people not familiar with SVN could download that and put it on their servers manually to test the fix.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3535 on: September 24, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »

Hmmm well the voice battery made me wonder if that was what was causing it. So I removed the commands/cvars for that in the cfg, and sure enough it fixed the mic errors. Just for test purposes I removed the lua file that has the scoreboard colours in, but the error still occurs when you hold up tab, so I guess I'll need to wait for another gmod update to fix that.

Latest word is that the error happens if the server isn't fully updated. Note that there was a gmod v101 release shortly after v100.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3536 on: September 25, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »

Traitor pulls out a knife and is shot.
People ID his body, he shows up as innocent.
Second traitor is killed and ID'd as a traitor.
First traitor shows up as traitor now.

Ohhh, apparently nobody ID'd his body, just the innocent who killed him.

Any way to make it more obvious when someone is known dead but not ID'd?

Edit:
Also you are able to "rocket-jump" via an explosive gas-can. You just stand on top of it, jump, then shoot, and you can fly up a good 15 feet.
I've been able to get into places I shouldn't have with that method, similar to prop-flinging.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 04:26:57 AM by JoTheShmo »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3537 on: September 25, 2010, 07:49:38 AM »

The explosion mechanics can't be changed through Lua, so there's nothing I can do about that.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #3538 on: September 25, 2010, 10:34:56 PM »

Latest word is that the error happens if the server isn't fully updated. Note that there was a gmod v101 release shortly after v100.

Thank you for pointing that out. I was told the server was updated, which indeed it was, but only to 100. I just never noticed since it didn't say so on the gmod home page.

The tab errors look to have been fixed by updated to v 101 so :thumbsup: lol.

As a side note, I've noticed you can't destroy a health station with guns now, only a crowbar? Is that intentional?
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3539 on: September 26, 2010, 03:14:28 AM »

I joined, and the round started IMMEDIATELY as I got it.
It almost felt like I spawned in the middle of a round.
Anyway, I was a traitor, and didn't get a credit.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length