Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:20:35 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699514 times)
mysquirrel
Poster

VIDEO GAMES MADE ME DO IT

« Reply #3480 on: September 10, 2010, 10:33:43 AM »

Yeah, I need it sometime to meet with People in the "Hey, I'm that Guy who is Talking come to me" way.

Could you replace certain Icons like the Detective ones with some kind of Blue Hat Icon?

I AM THE DEV SUMMONER

My fingers are itching to reward you with a ban for reporting this.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #3481 on: September 10, 2010, 10:34:04 AM »

It's handy when looking for people, but being able to talk when disguised would be a real bonus.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3482 on: September 10, 2010, 12:27:22 PM »

Yeah, I need it sometime to meet with People in the "Hey, I'm that Guy who is Talking come to me" way.

Yes, I don't mean "do you need them at all", the question is more: is it worth the effort to customize them.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3483 on: September 10, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »

I think its definitely worth the effort when it comes to the disguiser.
Maybe traitors could have the option to toggle it? Or everyone rather. Its not really a necessity its just helpful for finding people.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3484 on: September 10, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »

I can't make it only show up for people nearby or something, because I'm just overriding a texture.

Actually, you can make a texture that fades with distance.
There's a good tutorial here
You can even make multiple levels of fading, so within... say... 10 feet, it's perfectly visible, then kinda transparent up to 50 feet, then barely noticeable even further, until you can't see it from afar.
That could be really cool.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3485 on: September 10, 2010, 08:46:34 PM »

Actually, you can make a texture that fades with distance.
There's a good tutorial here
You can even make multiple levels of fading, so within... say... 10 feet, it's perfectly visible, then kinda transparent up to 50 feet, then barely noticeable even further, until you can't see it from afar.
That could be really cool.

Nah, that's an ugly hack that abuses mipmaps, results might well differ between players who use different graphics settings. Fine for a spray, but not reliable enough for this purpose.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3486 on: September 11, 2010, 01:34:08 AM »

How about:
-Make the voice indicator somewhat transparent.
-A cvar to disable voice indicators completely
-A cvar to disable voice indicators for disguised players
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:35:10 AM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3487 on: September 11, 2010, 03:47:54 AM »

So Bku is this supposed to happen, or is it just my computer being crap?
I can see the teleport effect through walls, it shows the entire effect.
You can see the feet, i finally got a picture of it.
http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae270/Joey0977/tele.jpg
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3488 on: September 11, 2010, 08:36:51 AM »

I think you've been the only one to report it, and I've never been able to reproduce it, so perhaps it is related to your computer (or a specific driver version etc).

Do you know what directx level you're running at in gmod? I think the video settings menu shows this.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3489 on: September 11, 2010, 01:16:10 PM »

Gmod sets it to dx 8 by default. Ive changed it to 9 but my fps is like nothing and i cant play.

Edit: Also the magneto stick is acting kind of wierd. I was on the green boxes in the back of that big room on canyon. Theres 4 barrels along the wall. If you get on top of the green box, crouch and grab the barrel it sends it flying at like 300 mph up.
Ive also gotten killed by picking up a barrel because it flew at high speed into my face.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 03:05:14 PM by Darkest_97 »
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3490 on: September 11, 2010, 08:49:55 PM »

Discombob jumps are beautiful. You can literally get across an entire map (easily richland and with some luck a map like fallout.)
It's great for a quick escape or to get to a good sniping spot.

For anyone that doesn't know how to do it, just hold a discombob, aim where you want to go, and for a ton of distance jump. Never throw the discombob.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3491 on: September 11, 2010, 09:54:22 PM »

Edit: Also the magneto stick is acting kind of wierd. I was on the green boxes in the back of that big room on canyon. Theres 4 barrels along the wall. If you get on top of the green box, crouch and grab the barrel it sends it flying at like 300 mph up.
Ive also gotten killed by picking up a barrel because it flew at high speed into my face.

The problem there is that I added a (very high) limit to the amount of force the magneto stick's constraint can take. This is good for mappers because you can't block physics traps anymore. The downside is that you will occasionally have glitches where objects fly out of your grasp. It's one or the other.

I've been thinking about a completely different way of doing carrying that would eliminate the whole aspect of holding a physics object that can interact with the world. Dragging around that physics object using a near-infinite source of energy is the cause of virtually every issue relating to physics in TTT. Obviously changing this kind of thing has far reaching effects, but it's something I may prototype and mess around with.

Discombob jumps are beautiful. You can literally get across an entire map (easily richland and with some luck a map like fallout.)
It's great for a quick escape or to get to a good sniping spot.

For anyone that doesn't know how to do it, just hold a discombob, aim where you want to go, and for a ton of distance jump. Never throw the discombob.

I rather like this kind of mobility in a game (once considered adding a grappling hook to TTT), but I suspect it opens up billions of map exploits. I'll have to check it out and see if I need to bring it more in line with how far a thrown discomb throws you.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3492 on: September 11, 2010, 10:00:39 PM »

You cant see the weapon menu with the new sniper scope, although you can still change weapons. And i fairly sure you could see it with the old scope.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3493 on: September 11, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »

I know, a side product of how gmod renders things. I could work around it with some effort, but I don't consider it a good return on investment, as it only affects the rifle scope and nothing else.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #3494 on: September 12, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »

I noted a couple of little details. When you press your zoom key to get the quick commands, it says "<person> is acting suspicious." when it should say "<person> is acting suspiciously."

And since there are often several traitors, it shouldn't say "<person> is the traitor!" it should say "<person> is a traitor!"

Just a couple of details, nothing that bothers much, but still.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3495 on: September 12, 2010, 09:23:48 PM »

I noted a couple of little details. When you press your zoom key to get the quick commands, it says "<person> is acting suspicious." when it should say "<person> is acting suspiciously."

I prefer the ring of the current one, and the form is quite common in practice.

And since there are often several traitors, it shouldn't say "<person> is the traitor!" it should say "<person> is a traitor!"

Agreed.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3496 on: September 13, 2010, 07:37:56 AM »

Just realized the first TTT release was a little over a year ago (2 sept '09).
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #3497 on: September 14, 2010, 03:51:30 AM »

I still find it amazing how much the gamemode changed over that year.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3498 on: September 14, 2010, 09:13:24 PM »

I remember how much I hated the detective system with IDing bodies when it first came out.
Oh how silly I was.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3499 on: September 15, 2010, 01:20:42 AM »

You can attach a poltergeist to yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length