Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:25:16 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699790 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3440 on: September 03, 2010, 06:30:47 PM »

The issue doesn't happen for any other TTT menu's, at least for me it doesn't.
Also I've noticed that when you buy a traitor/detective item and there isn't enough room, you are still able to buy another item. You however do not get the other item, but it will be locked out for the rest of the round if its limited to a one time use.

I don't see what you mean. When I carry a traitor weapon (ie. there isn't room for another) all other ones grey out, you can't even press the button.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3441 on: September 03, 2010, 07:13:55 PM »

What about some sort of grenade (Probably traitor only) that released some sort of "chemical" that gagged and muted the victim for several seconds depending on how hard they were hit by it?
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3442 on: September 03, 2010, 07:26:19 PM »

Actually if that feature were included in the smoke nade it would make it rather useful. Maybe a forced coughing and no other communication methods until it subsides?

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3443 on: September 03, 2010, 08:09:32 PM »

I don't see what you mean. When I carry a traitor weapon (ie. there isn't room for another) all other ones grey out, you can't even press the button.

My bad, should have clarified that I meant the room required around the player for an item to spawn.

Example:

You walk into a confined space and buy an item.
*There isn't enough room for the item to spawn onto, so it will hold back the item until it has enough room to spawn in*
During that time I can order another item, I won't get the item but it will be locked out from the item buy menu.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3444 on: September 03, 2010, 08:24:53 PM »

Actually if that feature were included in the smoke nade it would make it rather useful. Maybe a forced coughing and no other communication methods until it subsides?

This would be a pretty cool.

Also i noticed something with the prop killing system, and that it has some undesired effects.
Like for instance, somebody threw an explosive barrel at a crowd of people. The barrel hit someone, killing him and 3 others. The person that was hit got counted for the kills, taking a big karma loss.

From my understanding it works that way because the guy that got hit touched the prop last.

Is there any way to fix it for barrels? Or would that be altering the entire prop killing code?

Edit: Ive seen this happen once before to, i dropped a barrel and it rolled under the door on underground, and somebody walked by it and it exploded killing them. Got counted as my kill.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:26:03 PM by Darkest_97 »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3445 on: September 03, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »

weapon buying with pending order

Have a fix for this that I will be testing tomorrow.

arrels

None of this is related to prop kill code.

I'm pretty sure the HL2DM gravgun deals with this issue though, so I'll take a look there to see if I can make Source deal with things properly.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3446 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »

You can attach a C4 to certain props like the wheelbarrow on richs_apts, meaning you can then have a mobile C4.
Apparently it also works with milk boxes?
I can give you a recording if you want.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3447 on: September 04, 2010, 11:43:21 AM »

You can attach a C4 to certain props like the wheelbarrow on richs_apts, meaning you can then have a mobile C4.

Yes, but you can't carry the wheelbarrow, that's why it attaches. If I prevented attaching on any kind of prop, then it wouldn't attach to tables either, just to name something. It's been this way for a very long time and I don't consider it an issue.

If you get it in some sort of carryable crate (to which it will not attach) and then manage to carry it around and actually get kills then you did a good job.

You walk into a confined space and buy an item.
*There isn't enough room for the item to spawn onto, so it will hold back the item until it has enough room to spawn in*
During that time I can order another item, I won't get the item but it will be locked out from the item buy menu.

This is fixed in SVN.

Also in SVN: magneto stick now drops your prop if someone stands on it, so you can't throw players anymore.

edit: And I just replaced the idle popup with a custom version. I noticed when testing the old one that if you alt tabbed you couldn't click the buttons until you'd click the window title, perhaps that was the issue you guys were talking about. The new one doesn't seem to do this, so that should be fixed.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:21:33 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3448 on: September 04, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »

Well my friend put it in the boat on DM_island, and pushed it into the sea. It then teleported back, and killed 2 people. Unfortunately he was innocent. :|

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3449 on: September 04, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »

That's pretty damn clever actually. One of my favorite tricks is to place C4 on a corpse and then use the magneto stick to push the C4 down into holes.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3450 on: September 05, 2010, 02:12:30 AM »

You can push the wheelbarrow really easily with your magneto stick or other props.
Also you have 11111 posts :3
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3451 on: September 05, 2010, 06:38:10 AM »

Getting this error with latest SVN update.

Lua Error: ...rrortown\entities\weapons\weapon_zm_carry\shared.lua:378: attempt to index global 'prop_force' (a nil value)

Also for the round end music win could you make it possible so you can have it set for traitor win, innocent win, timelimit reached.
As at the moment I have 2 music files, the Innocent one only ever plays when the innocents win, however the one I have for Traitors plays when they win or when the timelimit is reached.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3452 on: September 05, 2010, 07:56:14 AM »

Also I dunno if this is intentional or not, but if a detective had DNA in his scanner, then you burn the corpse he got it from, the DNA disappears.
That seems kinda silly to me. They aren't linked by anything.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3453 on: September 05, 2010, 08:12:06 AM »

Getting this error with latest SVN update.

Oops, typo. Fixed in current SVN rev.

Also for the round end music win could you make it possible so you can have it set for traitor win, innocent win, timelimit reached.
As at the moment I have 2 music files, the Innocent one only ever plays when the innocents win, however the one I have for Traitors plays when they win or when the timelimit is reached.

Are you using the TTTEndRound hook? The argument is equal to WIN_TIMELIMIT when the timelimit is reached. Easiest way (assuming you're using something like the example I posted a while ago):
local function PlayMusic(wintype)
  if wintype != WIN_TRAITOR then
     BroadcastLua('surface.PlaySound("/path/to/music/inno_win.mp3")')
  else
     BroadcastLua('surface.PlaySound("/path/to/music/traitor_win.mp3")')
  end
end
hook.Add("TTTEndRound", "MyMusic", PlayMusic)

Also I dunno if this is intentional or not, but if a detective had DNA in his scanner, then you burn the corpse he got it from, the DNA disappears.
That seems kinda silly to me. They aren't linked by anything.

Bug.

edit: Fixed in SVN.

You can push the wheelbarrow really easily with your magneto stick or other props.

Are you realistically going to attach C4 to a wheelbarrow and push it around without anyone seeing you, and gain some sort of advantage from that? The only reason it doesn't attach to light props is because you could then throw it. You can't throw the wheelbarrow, hence there is no problem.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:20:17 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3454 on: September 06, 2010, 03:08:18 AM »

Also in SVN: magneto stick now drops your prop if someone stands on it, so you can't throw players anymore.

That was my favorite way of killing the last AFK guy as a traitor.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3455 on: September 07, 2010, 02:59:25 AM »

Found a bug: when your detective, traitor bodies dont say they have credits on them, you can still collect them though.
Unless this was meant to happen.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3456 on: September 07, 2010, 03:12:57 AM »

This was was made so detectives couldn't use bodies as traps, and actually did their job of searching bodies.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3457 on: September 07, 2010, 09:35:58 PM »

Auto AFK slay no longer seems to trigger the usual chat "I've been afk for blabla and moved to spectator"

If possible, I'd also like to request for detectives to show up under the damage-log, this might help in certain cases.

DMG: Joe [Detective] damaged John [innocent] for 148 dmg

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #3458 on: September 08, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »

Is it just me, or as the round progresses, does your server start lagging a lot?

I've contacted my server provider, and he says it is caused by the ragdolls TTT makes. Is this true?
He also muttered something about traces for the "last saw" thing being intensive as well.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:46:48 AM by Chief Tiger »

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3459 on: September 08, 2010, 06:10:31 AM »

Kind of a non-issue, but rifle zoom sound no longer works.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length