Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:48:19 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699979 times)
ApeSpecter
Poster

« Reply #3340 on: August 16, 2010, 09:21:49 AM »

First a crazy question: Is it possible to run terrortown in gmod 9 ? :d
The TTT Lua stuff was always in gamemodes/terrortown. The textures and stuff used to be in /materials/ etc, but is now (in v9) in /gamemodes/terrortown/content/materials and so forth. If that's what you mean.

Second: Do I need to change Fast-DL directories after this?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3341 on: August 16, 2010, 10:13:19 AM »

First a crazy question: Is it possible to run terrortown in gmod 9 ?

No, gmod 9's Lua stuff is completely different and much more primitive.
Second: Do I need to change Fast-DL directories after this?

On the fastdl server, everything in the /gamemodes/terrortown/content/ directory may need to be copied into the main /garrysmod/ directory for the downloading of TTT's textures and models to work correctly.

However, all your players will already have the textures and models and stuff through the gmod update, so they won't actually download anything other than the Lua cache file. As such, the copying is probably not necessary.

Nothing changes for maps, and nothing changes for custom textures or models.
ApeSpecter
Poster

« Reply #3342 on: August 16, 2010, 01:58:07 PM »

On the fastdl server, everything in the /gamemodes/terrortown/content/ directory may need to be copied into the main /garrysmod/ directory for the downloading of TTT's textures and models to work correctly.

However, all your players will already have the textures and models and stuff through the gmod update, so they won't actually download anything other than the Lua cache file. As such, the copying is probably not necessary.

Nothing changes for maps, and nothing changes for custom textures or models.
Ok thank you very much for the enlightening information.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3343 on: August 17, 2010, 05:04:40 PM »

Oh so hey. Update 95 today sometime.
Will it have the latest revision of v9 or what?

http://www.garrysmod.com/2010/08/17/update-95-tonight/

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3344 on: August 17, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »

It should have the latest version, yes.

Some time after the update is out I will be posting a full changelog, which includes some small things that I haven't put in the gmod changelog, and of course it will have a bit more information on everything.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3345 on: August 18, 2010, 01:12:58 AM »

Do the detective hats only work on certain models?
As I have yet to see a Detective with a hat.
I checked ttt_detective_hats and it is at 1.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3346 on: August 18, 2010, 02:22:30 AM »

Yes they only work on certain models.

And only some people are able to see hats apparently. Like i couldnt see the det hat, then when i killed him it showed up on the ground.

I was also thinking you should be able to put the hat on. :P
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3347 on: August 18, 2010, 02:49:24 AM »

yeah the hats have been acting a bit weird :)
They seem to show up when they want to.
And at times I have seen them just floating about not attached to any players :D

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #3348 on: August 18, 2010, 03:03:12 AM »

If someone was Detective last round, they'll still have the hat on. The hat can be knocked off in Setup, but will vanish from theirh ead at roudnstart - but not the map.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3349 on: August 18, 2010, 06:21:03 AM »

I've seen people get shot when they don't have a hat on, but one flies off, and gets stuck in the air. This was during the round.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3350 on: August 18, 2010, 07:18:43 AM »

Eh, I'm very tempted to just disable them by default. It doesn't seem worth the trouble. I have to jump through hoops just to get it to sit on player's heads properly. I think we're currently on the third method I've tried, and it still acts up. If certain things are fixed in gmod in the future I'd look at them again, but for now they'd be off by default.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:20:17 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3351 on: August 18, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »

I get unknown command for ttt_log_damage_for_console.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3352 on: August 18, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »

There's a lua error in some admin commands that occurs only when used through RCON. A fix is in SVN and I'll put up a .zip version tomorrow for convenience.

I get unknown command for ttt_log_damage_for_console.

ttt_log_damage_for_console a is server-side convar. If the server has turned it on, you can use ttt_print_damagelog.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:02:40 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3353 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »

I was reminded of this when that one guy posted the 7 player plight, but anyways...

If there's 7 people, and somebody joins after the round starts, or actually a bunch of people join. There will be only 1 traitor, and no detectives, with a lot of innocents. Actually I've only seen it be 9 people with 1 traitor, but I'd think the possibilities are limitless technically. I guess the first prep being longer, and the extra credit helps, but if there's a way to fix this, it'd be nice.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3354 on: August 18, 2010, 09:35:22 PM »

Your scenario isn't very clear. If people join after the round starts, they're not innocent, they're spectators. Unless some sort of admin plugin is spawning them or something (which would make it their problem).
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3355 on: August 18, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »

All I know is that if they got into the server as soon as the round started, and they spawned. It made it to where there was only 1 traitor, and 8 innocents. Maybe some admin plugin problem. The server runs SM. I don't know if that could of caused it. It's a very hard situation to duplicate but I notice it happen a lot on the first round.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:56:08 PM by Meta-Stick »

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3356 on: August 18, 2010, 11:03:01 PM »

ttt_print_damagelog no longer seems to work from rcon.

gamemodes\terrortown\gamemode\admin.lua:92: attempt to call method 'Nick' (a nil value)

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #3357 on: August 19, 2010, 04:43:47 AM »

I had to re-bind my radio so I typed in console: "bind z ttt_radio"

Whenever I try to use Quick Chat/Radio I get this error: "ttt_radio failed, too many arguments?"

Not sure if I'm doing it wrong, or if it's a glitch. 
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3358 on: August 19, 2010, 07:34:36 AM »

The ttt_radio command needs arguments. It is used for sending one specific quickchat message.

I think what you want to bind is Suit Zoom in the keyboard menu. It shows the quickchat menu on the left when you press it. Command is +zoom if you insist on using the console to bind it.

ttt_print_damagelog no longer seems to work from rcon.

Yes, I posted about this here. Fix is in SVN and in the .zip release I will be putting up in a little while.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:37:01 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3359 on: August 19, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »

Yes, I posted about this here. Fix is in SVN and in the .zip release I will be putting up in a little while.

Aaah, my bad. Thanks for the fix.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length