Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:55:41 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700488 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3300 on: August 13, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »

1) My radar doesnt work, but everyone elses does, and i get this error:
FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: ttt_radar_scan

Could you do "cl_restrict_server_commands" (no number, just that) in your gmod's console and tell me what value it has for that cvar?

Mute thing will be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:26:31 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3301 on: August 14, 2010, 02:17:20 AM »

Could you do "cl_restrict_server_commands" (no number, just that) in your gmod's console and tell me what value it has for that cvar?

It says its an unknown command..
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3302 on: August 14, 2010, 02:43:24 AM »

Amsterville uses Combine elites in the newest version, I think.

That hat is beautiful.

Metrocop. But he probably tested it anyway.

And yeah, I LOVE the hat. Nice job BKU.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3303 on: August 14, 2010, 08:08:31 AM »

It says its an unknown command..

Don't know then. As it only happens to you, you could try doing a gmod reinstall, but that probably won't do anything.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3304 on: August 14, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »

entities\ttt_hat_deerstalker\shared.lua:102: bad argument #2 to '?' (Vector expected, got nil)

Spammed big tig time in console (and on screen)

Also on the elite model the hat really messes up :(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:41:16 PM by NaRyan »

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3305 on: August 14, 2010, 04:03:38 PM »

Don't know then. As it only happens to you, you could try doing a gmod reinstall, but that probably won't do anything.

Is it something that has to do with the way the server is set up that effects only me?
And someone that has radar that works gets it as an unknown command also.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3306 on: August 14, 2010, 05:52:51 PM »

Is it something that has to do with the way the server is set up that effects only me?
And someone that has radar that works gets it as an unknown command also.

I don't know. The console command the radar uses is 100% identical to a bunch of other console commands the game uses. I don't know why it randomly decides not to work for you. I figured it might be getting blocked by your client, hence that cl_restrict stuff, but that turns out not to exist in gmod. So I don't know.

entities\ttt_hat_deerstalker\shared.lua:102: bad argument #2 to '?' (Vector expected, got nil)

Spammed big tig time in console (and on screen)

Also on the elite model the hat really messes up :(

Will fix the error.

Please be more specific when you report something. What does "it messes up mean". I don't know. Do you? Then tell me.

In the meantime, servers should know they can disable hats completely (avoiding any and all errors) using: ttt_detective_hats 0
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3307 on: August 14, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »

I just want to say that the defuser is a pretty much useless detective weapon. Any competent player can defuse a C4 with >20 seconds and if it only has 10 seconds it's easy to just run away. Never seen a detective use it, except for when I accidentally bought it instead of binoculars.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #3308 on: August 14, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »

I've seen detectives use it, mostly on small maps where C4 poses more of a threat.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Nel
Poster

« Reply #3309 on: August 14, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »

I just want to say that the defuser is a pretty much useless detective weapon. Any competent player can defuse a C4 with >20 seconds and if it only has 10 seconds it's easy to just run away. Never seen a detective use it, except for when I accidentally bought it instead of binoculars.

I use it, because it's worth risking your life to disarm it quickly if it means you can get a DNA scan off of it.  By disarming a C4 with it, you can eliminate one traitor easily.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3310 on: August 14, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »

This error should now be fixed in the latest SVN version.

The positioning of the hat for the combine elite is also better now.
Braegh
Poster

« Reply #3311 on: August 14, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »

I find myself usually buying the defuser or the radar as Detective, depending on the map and number of players. Spending up to 20 seconds looking at C4 does little more than leave you vulnerable when you're already a huge target for Traitors, and the Defuser fixes that really easily.

Preview Edit: Ninja'd by Nel and UnInvincible on the Defuser.

Some thoughts on other Traitor/Detective weapons:

What about making a disguised Traitor not show up on the Detective's radar anymore? A powerful secondary ability of the detective's radar is that it shows how many people are actually alive, breaking apart the usual 'ignore/hide/burn the body' method of hiding information.

The UMP is just about the worst gun in the game, IMO. After trying it once, I never even touched it anymore, with the small amount of damage it does. The screwing-with-aim part tries to make up for it, but won't stop traitors with (S)MG's from getting more hits in, and one with a sniper or pistol/deagle will primarily be going for headshots.

Poltergeist and Newton Launcher are VERY situational. Perhaps allow a Poltergeist to be attached to a player, acting like a discombobulator + minor damage after a short delay? Much like the flare gun, this will give the Poltergeist some potential use in a combat situation.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #3312 on: August 14, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »

I tried to get a screenshot of the CS:S elite model wearing the hat, however everytime that model was picked it also picked noob detectives with an average lifespan of 15 seconds.
Due to them hiding in dark places or running off on their own :(

The problem was the hat was not sitting on their head, it was moving about, so it would be behind their head, or to the left or right of their head.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3313 on: August 14, 2010, 07:58:24 PM »

What about making a disguised Traitor not show up on the Detective's radar anymore?

Makes sense.

The UMP is just about the worst gun in the game, IMO. After trying it once, I never even touched it anymore, with the small amount of damage it does. The screwing-with-aim part tries to make up for it, but won't stop traitors with (S)MG's from getting more hits in, and one with a sniper or pistol/deagle will primarily be going for headshots.

It's not a one-on-one weapon, though the aim bumping effect needs strengthening. These days its headshots are quite strong for an automatic weapon even if its base damage is low.

Poltergeist and Newton Launcher are VERY situational.

And in those situations they are very powerful. The Poltergeist can clean a room or just cause major chaos (hell, just drop one in the hands of an innocent on a map with some loose cars). I don't see the problem with situational weapons. That's why there are a bunch of different ones. If every weapon needs to be applicable to every situation, you have a bunch of very boring guns.

I tried to get a screenshot of the CS:S elite model wearing the hat, however everytime that model was picked it also picked noob detectives with an average lifespan of 15 seconds.
Due to them hiding in dark places or running off on their own :(

The problem was the hat was not sitting on their head, it was moving about, so it would be behind their head, or to the left or right of their head.

Could be caused by the same thing as the lua error.

Putting a thing on someone's head is about 500 times as hard as it should be in gmod, because bone merging (what the engine uses for putting guns in people's hands) doesn't work for scripted entities. We may have to live with some minor glitches.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3314 on: August 14, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »

I still seem unable to switch from unarmed to any weapon with fast weapon switch, this is with using the latest SVN. Weapon to weapon works fine, weapon to item only works when holding a weapon and then switching to the item, switching back from the item does not work.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #3315 on: August 14, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »

If anyone was actually going to attempt to make a STALKER Bar map for TTT, this facepunch thread may be of interest:
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=22793643

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3316 on: August 14, 2010, 09:39:32 PM »

I still seem unable to switch from unarmed to any weapon with fast weapon switch, this is with using the latest SVN. Weapon to weapon works fine, weapon to item only works when holding a weapon and then switching to the item, switching back from the item does not work.

Are you sure you're talking about the same fast weapon switching here? Fast weapon switching = scrolling makes you instantly switch to the next/previous weapon instead of scrolling the weapon switcher menu.

There is no distinction between weapons and items. Everything you can access through the weapon switcher (or slot keys, or whatever) is a weapon. You can reach only one weapon from holstered when fast switching is on, and that's your traitor/detective weapon. This works fine when I test it.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3317 on: August 14, 2010, 10:21:57 PM »

I use "lastinv" which switches to your last weapon slot which has always worked perfect until v8. This allowed you to instantly take out your shotgun when  holstered or any other weapon/item. It allowed you to switch weapon in a blink of an eye rather then having to press a weapon slot and mouse 1. I kinda like using this as it allows me to walk around unarmed and switch to my last weapon slot instantly with only the draw-time holding me back from shooting.

Seeing as this only effects items or holstered, I was hoping you might got a clue what could break "lastinv".

Furthermore another thing I'd like to report is that random corpses still tend to show up on random locations every now and then. I've yet to find a lead to what causes this to occur so this probably isn't the most useful bug report. I might be able to do some testing on this subject soon.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:23:18 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3318 on: August 14, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »

I use "lastinv" which switches to your last weapon slot which has always worked perfect until v8. This allowed you to instantly take out your shotgun when  holstered or any other weapon/item. It allowed you to switch weapon in a blink of an eye rather then having to press a weapon slot and mouse 1. I kinda like using this as it allows me to walk around unarmed and switch to my last weapon slot instantly with only the draw-time holding me back from shooting.

Seeing as this only effects items or holstered, I was hoping you might got a clue what could break "lastinv".

Could you give me a full sequence of actions where this issue occurs, and one where it works properly? Like what buttons you press, etc. Assume you start with the basic inventory, plus a primary weapon.

I ask because I have switched back and forth using the equipment switch key (V), which uses lastinv internally, and have not seen issues.

Furthermore another thing I'd like to report is that random corpses still tend to show up on random locations every now and then. I've yet to find a lead to what causes this to occur so this probably isn't the most useful bug report. I might be able to do some testing on this subject soon.

I've given up on this issue until I get a solid lead.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3319 on: August 14, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »

I don't think it's useless. The problem is the c4, not the defuser. People just spam 111, 222, 333... Etc. The time punishment for setting it for 10 minutes is REALLY low as well. Probably should of brought this to BKU's attention sooner.

EDIT: An idea I had would maybe making it reveal numbers partial to the code only if you get 2+ or more in the correct spot. Idk, just brainstorming.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:48:24 PM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length