Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:15:39 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699249 times)
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3240 on: August 07, 2010, 10:11:49 PM »

weapons\weapon_tttbase\shared.lua:161: attempt to call method 'IsTraitor' (a nil value)

I was the person that had this happen to me on Soduka's server. I was spectating an innocent when he killed the last traitor.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3241 on: August 07, 2010, 11:25:21 PM »

You don't have to respond to this, but...
If all you do is jump on someone's head and kill them, you can get the award stating "X had his finger slip when he was aiming at a buddy" which isn't necessarily true.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3242 on: August 08, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »

I'm not sure if this is intended, but the DNA scanner only charges when you have it out. If this is intended, you may want to make it more obvious. A lot of people just put it on auto-scan and chase after the location with their gun.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3243 on: August 08, 2010, 08:46:46 PM »

It's wind powered, you have to run with it out so it feels the breeze coursing through it. When you stand still, just swing back and forth.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3244 on: August 08, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »

Is there a way to configure the models for the zombies now spawned by traitors? If not, could you create a framework to do so?
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3245 on: August 09, 2010, 01:28:23 AM »

Adjustable range for locational voice? It seems very very short.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3246 on: August 09, 2010, 03:09:09 AM »

One of the tips still refers to ALT being the key to cycle muting.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3247 on: August 09, 2010, 07:12:32 AM »

Is there a way to configure the models for the zombies now spawned by traitors? If not, could you create a framework to do so?

Zombies spawned by traitors? what...

Am I missing something?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3248 on: August 09, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »

I'm not sure if this is intended, but the DNA scanner only charges when you have it out. If this is intended, you may want to make it more obvious. A lot of people just put it on auto-scan and chase after the location with their gun.

I suppose it ought to recharge while holstered. I'll see what I can do.

edit: It now does this in the svn version.

No, the traps spawn standard zombie NPCs, and those rely on the headcrab being there.

You could perhaps edit the map to make it spawn combine soldiers or something though.

Adjustable range for locational voice? It seems very very short.

Can't, see server thread.

One of the tips still refers to ALT being the key to cycle muting.

Fixed.

Zombies spawned by traitors? what...

Am I missing something?

Traitors can use the traps built into Zombie Master maps (in TTT v9), some of which spawn zombies.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:40:56 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3249 on: August 09, 2010, 11:14:56 PM »

Could I vainly suggest the newton launcher be made silent? It's current distinct noise and look not only makes it as noticeable as using a regular gun, but more so.

EDIT: It would also be cool if it had adjustable force. Often I find myself shooting people completely over a gap I want them in or unable to fire them far enough. But, you know, I have dumb suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:18:58 PM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #3250 on: August 10, 2010, 12:21:49 AM »

Having no tracer might also help in it being more useful.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #3251 on: August 10, 2010, 04:27:23 AM »

Hell, even if you made it a crowbar with extra push range and strength it would still be pretty obvious.
Lapis Lazuli
Poster

« Reply #3252 on: August 10, 2010, 04:57:42 AM »

I think it would be pretty cool if detectives could figure out the trajectory of a bullet, in other words the detective could locate from which direction the player was shot which would be displayed in game through a laser. Kind of like that CS:S server mod which shows where you were shot from after you die.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3253 on: August 10, 2010, 08:21:12 AM »

Could I vainly suggest the newton launcher be made silent? It's current distinct noise and look not only makes it as noticeable as using a regular gun, but more so.

When a weapon is fully silent it just feels weird to the user (with no tracer it's even worse), but I'll make the sound not carry as far, and perhaps switch to a different sound. It is rather distinct right now. I've considered changing the model in the past, but there's not really a better fit.

A charge-up thing while you hold mouse1 could work for "configuring" the strength. That's a little longer-term though, not for v9.

I think it would be pretty cool if detectives could figure out the trajectory of a bullet, in other words the detective could locate from which direction the player was shot which would be displayed in game through a laser. Kind of like that CS:S server mod which shows where you were shot from after you die.

Something like this has been mentioned before, but I don't remember exactly what I said about it. Either way, it seems like there would be balance concerns. When you give detectives a way of getting information about traitors, that means it discourages certain behaviour in traitors. The DNA Scanner makes it easier to find traitors that perform up-close kills, especially knifing, so smart traitors avoid that when there's a good detective.

If someone was killed with a shotgun, is it useful to know where the attacker was? Usually not. Perhaps if a traitor was in a group of innocents and managed to cause chaos and kill someone without arousing suspicion. But that's pretty cool and not something to discourage.

It would also be useful against snipers, while still giving the sniper plenty of chance to get away. No problems there.

Those are the two uses that come to mind. There might well be more I haven't thought of. I'm mainly trying to illustrate that for an item like this it's important to consider how it helps the user, and if that's something we actually want to help him with or not.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3254 on: August 10, 2010, 08:37:57 AM »

In other fretta game mode news, a new game mode "Ascension" has popped up on the svn. Never noticed or heard about it before.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:41:47 AM by Soduka »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #3255 on: August 10, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »

For bullet tracing, what I have often used is the not horribly reliable blood spatter. Maybe there could be a way to make blood spatter a bit more distinct in some manner? I doubt it'd be worth the effort but for say a rifle, if a player is killed near a wall, based on where the body slumped down and where the blood on the wall is you can get a rough estimate on the killer's location. I don't know how far the spatter goes though, maybe if that were possibly increased, and maybe with a shrinking decal the farther from the wall the body was hit you could gather some useful but not TOO useful information.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3256 on: August 10, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »

I always use the blood splatter to recognize where he was shot. It's especially useful when the body was killed seconds ago. It gives a good idea on where to follow him. Maybe if there was some way to make each guns blood splatter a little more distance. Like every hit the HUGE does, makes a lot of blood come out. Since it's a very unsightly, non-sneaky weapon. Also the shotgun could make a lot of blood come out, but then say the silenced pistol would make very little blood splatter.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:31:01 PM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3257 on: August 10, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »

So V9 is released already? And is the Changelog thread still being updated if it is? Or is he just testing it along with you?

Questions.. Sorry :P
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3258 on: August 10, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »

The current in-development version of v9 is in the gmod SVN (from which any server can grab it). It's released whenever gmod updates, after which I'll also post the changes in the release thread. It looks like there won't be one today, so maybe tomorrow. If by thursday morning (euro-time; valve updates at night for me) it hasn't updated, I'll release a .zip.

You can see the current, summarized changes as they exist in the SVN here. If it seems useful I could write up how to grab only the up-to-date TTT stuff from the gmod SVN, without any beta gmod DLLs etc.

When people are talking about playing v9, they most likely mean Soduka's server, which runs a recent build from the SVN (perhaps it's even fully up to date, I haven't checked).
Sly
Poster

« Reply #3259 on: August 10, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »

EDIT: It would also be cool if it had adjustable force. Often I find myself shooting people completely over a gap I want them in or unable to fire them far enough. But, you know, I have dumb suggestions.

Probably been said, but making the "bullets" singular or less noticable?

The  noise is kinda obvious, but it being silent would just be strange. I agree with reducing the volume.

Hold the key to charge the newton launcher for greater force, but when held too long overloads and "discombobulates" the user.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length