Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:47:46 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699946 times)
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #3120 on: July 30, 2010, 02:05:03 AM »

That used to happen way back when in the first few versions of TTT as well, although I think it was fixed since and this is just a new case of it.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3121 on: July 30, 2010, 02:13:56 AM »

weapons\weapon_ttt_wtester\shared.lua:770: attempt to index field 'Entity' (a nil value)

Constantly spams my console when I'm detective. Even if I don't have it out.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3122 on: July 30, 2010, 03:32:35 AM »

If a traitor drops the newton launcher, they can't pick it back up, but regular people can pick it up.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #3123 on: July 30, 2010, 04:38:02 AM »

weapons\weapon_ttt_wtester\shared.lua:770: attempt to index field 'Entity' (a nil value)

This was fixed in v5, but the server downgraded to v4 because of the spawn bug.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #3124 on: July 30, 2010, 04:39:29 AM »

zm_downtown's objectives show again, they haven't done that in a long time. v5.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #3125 on: July 30, 2010, 06:13:38 AM »

I got this lua error when the server changed levels. It was a vanilla server but it still might have been their fault the admins sucked and the server was not good. They banned my friend for aimbotting because they didn't select the right person to ban and then when I told them this they didn't care.

lua\includes\modules\draw.lua:195: attempt to index local 'color' (a nil value)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:16:26 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3126 on: July 30, 2010, 06:59:51 AM »

So with the recent update we are officially on v2 correct, not v5?

No, we are officially on v5. For any problems people report with v2, the first step will be: upgrade to v5.

There is an odd bug in the Version 5 TTT. It is not consistent but on some maps players will spawn not at spawn points, but at whatever location they happen to be at during spectator. So in theory you could be looking down from a nice view *cough* on Canyon and when the round starts you are spawned in the air and fall to your death.

I have personally only seen this on ttt_camel, but heard reports that it happened on other maps as well but seemingly at random.

I know of this but have not been able to replicate. It may only happen on maps that use info_player_start, so map names are useful. Let's have discussion on it in the Spawn bug thread rather than here.

Old version. Fixed in v5.

If a traitor drops the newton launcher, they can't pick it back up, but regular people can pick it up.

Noted.

edit: Cannot reproduce. The newton is also not different from any other weapon in how it's dropped or picked up, so I'm going to call this a random glitch until it occurs more often.

zm_downtown's objectives show again, they haven't done that in a long time. v5.

Garry fixed game_text. I can't exactly remove all game_text in any map. Maybe use one of those entity modification tools to strip them out of the bsp or disable them.

I got this lua error when the server changed levels. It was a vanilla server but it still might have been their fault the admins sucked and the server was not good. They banned my friend for aimbotting because they didn't select the right person to ban and then when I told them this they didn't care.

lua\includes\modules\draw.lua:195: attempt to index local 'color' (a nil value)

Is this on v2 or v5? It's not a very useful error but I'll try to find its source. Did you notice any particular part of the HUD not showing?

edit: I think it's the tips area.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:13:28 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3127 on: July 30, 2010, 07:24:16 AM »

I get the same thing, just type "retry" in console and it goes away.

My server is using V5, but the update overwrote the files. I overwrote the v2 files on the server with v5, but I've been doing this for awhile now... I have a couple gamemodes overwritten so far back it still has "Addons" in gamemodes and the Dna scanner was broken so detectives have to buy it... hehe
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3128 on: July 30, 2010, 07:40:45 AM »

Because things are never easy, gmod now seems to ignore my local versions of Lua files, preferring to use those in the GCF, meaning I have to fuck around with a separate dedicated server to get anything done. Sent garry a mail, for now I'll just have to deal with it. (edit3: solution received)

edit:
Does that draw.lua error happen after every map switch?

edit2:
Updated build that seems to fix the spawn bug is available for testing here: http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9990.msg395423#msg395423

edit4:
v6 is out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:42:35 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3129 on: July 30, 2010, 03:56:16 PM »

edit:
Does that draw.lua error happen after every map switch?

It seems to be at random. Some maps i will switch and it will be gone, sometimes not. The same thing happens with reconnecting.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3130 on: July 30, 2010, 04:24:03 PM »

That's the hotfix version BKU released earlier.

I believe I've fixed it. Here's an updated build:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79559/terrortown_v6a1.zip

Let me know if it works. I'll release it as the full v6 once we know it does.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3131 on: July 30, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »

Oh hurr, I should have read the few posts above mine.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3132 on: July 30, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »

Oh thats what the v6a1 is. But no it doesnt work i just did it. Happened as soon as i joined. So i rejoined and it stopped. Then in the middle of the round it started again.

And is there a command to see what version were on? Maybe you could put it in the tab menu at the top.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3133 on: July 30, 2010, 04:59:57 PM »

ttt_version in the console, or look at the message when the round starts, or in the server list make the "game" column big enough to see the version number.

If you're definitely on a v6 server and the error spam happens, take a screenshot. I might be able to track down where the error happens based on how your HUD looks at the time of the error (the actual error message is useless).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:02:23 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3134 on: July 30, 2010, 06:46:50 PM »

When I got the error nothing on the hud changed, it was still the same as usual.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3135 on: July 30, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »

You can't get an error in drawing code of something that the game is not trying to draw. It is far more likely something did happen that you did not notice. The problem could be in the message are in the top right, perhaps, as a message not showing there would be hard to notice.

It's not limited to spectators, right?

edit: I really can't reproduce it at all on v6, despite trying a bunch of different scenarios. Any info that might help is welcome.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:55:19 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
jimbodude
Poster

« Reply #3136 on: July 30, 2010, 08:29:33 PM »

http://www.wegame.com/view/garrys-mod-screenshot-by-dannyman00-2010-07-30-132612/

Server is running v6. Hope this helps.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3137 on: July 30, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »

Jim's screen is the same thing i get. And spectators get it to.
The one thing that is constantly changing is the hints iirc. I dont have them up anymore and i dont remember how to get them up. Maybe when it changes hints that happens. But it continues to happen nonstop. And i can go full maps without it.

Its in v6a1.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3138 on: July 30, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »

Does the error ever start while alive and not a spectator? Note that after joining (or a map change), you are a spectator for a moment before you are alive, and the error could start in that moment. I'm really talking about the error starting suddenly while you're just walking around as terrorist.

Considering the fact that it does not always happen after you join, and can start in the middle of a round, I think it is caused by the tips panel trying to show a tip that for whatever reason causes an error that screws up the tips. The original error is then quickly flushed away by all the draw.lua errors. The only way you might spot it is by immediately disconnecting when you see error spam and scrolling up in your console until you reach the original error. If you manage to do this that would be incredibly helpful, though it may be hard to pull off.

I'm planning to do more testing specifically relating to the tips tomorrow, perhaps I can finally reproduce it to find that original error. If not, all I can do is add protection against everything that can possibly go wrong in the tips display and do a release to see if it helped.

Jim's screen is the same thing i get. And spectators get it to.
The one thing that is constantly changing is the hints iirc. I dont have them up anymore and i dont remember how to get them up. Maybe when it changes hints that happens. But it continues to happen nonstop. And i can go full maps without it.

Its in v6a1.

Do you have tips disabled in the F1 settings?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:19:35 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3139 on: July 30, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »

The error has started while im walking around alive in the middle of a round a few times.

And yes i had tips disabled. I re enabled them and went through everyone one with the arrow a few times and got nothing.
Then it started out of nowhere in the middle of the round, and i noticed the tips box was gone. But idk if it was there before.
Ive also noticed the tips box is kinda buggy cause it isnt there whenever it feels like ive noticed.

Ill do some more testing with tips and try the disconnecting thing when the spam starts. Its starting to piss me off so im going to figure it out.

Edit: Oh yea, the errors speed up after a while. Its pretty slow at first but then the errors start coming faster.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:56:52 PM by Darkest_97 »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length